Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Good Manga?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Good Manga?
Kittylin
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Ok, so I haven't read this manga yet but thats because it hasn't been published in English yet. But I can't wait.

Rumiko Takahash (the creator of Inu-Yasha) has begun to come out with a new Manga. It only began in april this year. It looks really good too.

The series follows Sakura Mamiya, a girl who gained the power to see ghosts after an incident as a child, and her classmate Rinne Rokudo, a boy of mixed human and shinigami heritage who helps lingering spirits finally pass on to be reincarnated.

It said on wikipedia that Viz is simultaneously releasing the manga chapters online in English as they are serialized in Japan. I haven't confirmed yet if you can actually read the first one online but I'm going to check it out.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
You actually can read the translated version of that manga online. It's pretty good

You can read it here: www.onemanga.com/Kyoukai_no_Rinne/

Logged Logged
redoxide
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
Oh and its only short but the manga of Otogi Zoshi is really beautiful!

Logged Logged
Kittylin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
You can actually read Rumiko's new manga Rin-ne for free on the site The Rumic World.

follow this link: http://www.therumicworld.com/series/rinne/

It is actually the first manga ever to simultaneously be released in both Japan and North America. The English version is released two days after the original version. Not bad huh.

There is already about 24 chapters available to be read online. Some of the first chapters are missing though. I don't know why but you can read the synopsis so you don't get confused.

It seems they come out with a chapter a week. The next one is coming out November 4th.

* This is a clip out of the ending of the last chapter. It doesn't really give away the story line but now you have to read it to find out why the main male character is in a french maids outfit. And its not to win the contest.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/03 14:39 By Kittylin.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
I found two new manga series that I enjoy reading

www.mangafox.com/manga/love_so_life/
(cute story)

and

www.mangafox.com/manga/inubaka/
(It involves dogs for any dog lovers out there-However, just a warning, there is a part that will most likely make you cry. Other than that, it is very a good story!!)

Logged Logged
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
A good manga to read is Kindan no Koi de Ikou. It's about a woman who lives by herself and is saved by a wolf one night. She brings the wolf home and suddenly, it transforms into a man. It's about their adventures together and their growing romance.

The whole series is complete. You can read Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou (part 1), Zoku Kindan no Koi (part 2), and a few chapters of Kindan no Koi de Ikou (part 3) at Mangafox. The rest of the chapters can be downloaded at Aerandria Scanlations. It's a good story. Some chapters are interconnected, some aren't.

However this manga is really MA - the shoujo kind of MA - so I don't recommend youngsters to read it.

---

Another good one is Boku ni Natte Watashi by Aki Shimako

Logged Logged

CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
(Please ignore this. Accidental double post. Sorry about that.)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/05 20:38 By CookieAsylum.

JessiCeleste89
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
Vampire Knight!
All time favorite!!

Ouran High School Host Club
Naruto
Ghost Hunt
Kimi ni Todoke

Logged Logged

~~~I claim Inu No Taisho\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\'s eyes~~~
XxXM. WatersXxX
Pup
graphgraph
My most recent obsession is Heart no Kuni no Alice. It's very similar to Alice in Wonderland...kinda.

You can read up to Vol. 3 here: dark-tower.webs.com/projects.htm

Just scroll down and you'll find it.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 23
XxXM. WatersXxX wrote:
My most recent obsession is Heart no Kuni no Alice. It's very similar to Alice in Wonderland...kinda.

I love that manga! I want to get the game but can't afford it right now T.T the manga going to be released in English in March of this year(I think..)

I'm going to be cosplaying as Boris sometime this year too

Logged Logged
hasu86
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Goodness, there are just too many to name. I'm more of a romance/shoujo girl so I'll list a few of my current favorites.

Skip Beat!
1/2 Prince (good mix of everything)
S.L.H - Stray Love Hearts (if you like the harem type and bishies)
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume
Houou Gakuen – Misoragumi (gender benders are my weakness)
Hanatsuki Hime

Many of these mangas serve as my inspirations for my fanfiction. Anyway, most if not all can be found on OneManga.

Logged Logged
XxXM. WatersXxX
Pup
graphgraph
Me too--the game looks awesome. I can't wait until the Manga is out here in the US.

PRVN wrote:
XxXM. WatersXxX wrote:

I love that manga! I want to get the game but can't afford it right now T.T the manga going to be released in English in March of this year(I think..)

I'm going to be cosplaying as Boris sometime this year too

Logged Logged
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Oh my god! Midnight Secretary I remember reading that and it's one of my favorites. I also love the authors artworks and other mangas stories but at the other website mangafox is good too with a lot of good shoujo.

Logged Logged
Katrina
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
CookieAsylum wrote:
A good manga to read is Kindan no Koi de Ikou. It's about a woman who lives by herself and is saved by a wolf one night. She brings the wolf home and suddenly, it transforms into a man. It's about their adventures together and their growing romance.

The whole series is complete. You can read Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou (part 1), Zoku Kindan no Koi (part 2), and a few chapters of Kindan no Koi de Ikou (part 3) at Mangafox. The rest of the chapters can be downloaded at Aerandria Scanlations. It's a good story. Some chapters are interconnected, some aren't.

However this manga is really MA - the shoujo kind of MA - so I don't recommend youngsters to read it.

---

Another good one is Boku ni Natte Watashi by Aki Shimako

At onemanga.com there one missing special extra 16 part 2 chapter that wasn't included that I noticed, I saw the special chapter at mangafox.

www.mangafox.com/manga/kindan_no_koi_de_ikou/v04/c016.2/2.html

Logged Logged
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 27
lol

Just read the first chapter of Wallflower(OR perfect girl evolution) and it had me in tears. Awesome sugguestion. I've been looking for something good. It completely brightened my mood.

Not much I can suggguest that I haven't seen here arleady besides Hana Kimi. Though I think the show might be even better.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/07 01:47 By lunaticneko.

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 23
It took me forever to find this thread.

I have two new mangas that I have found and enjoyed.

Akkan Baby:
Summary: High schoolers Yuki and Shigeru aren't dating, but still enjoy a highly active sexual relationship. Naïve and still very child-like in the way they think, it comes as a great shock to them when Shigeru discovers she's pregnant. The two are confronted with the decision of aborting the baby and wounding Shigeru, or to keep it and face great opposition from their parents and high school, and *gasp* miss their beloved Conflict concerts!

My opinion: This manga made me laugh a lot. I enjoyed pretty much all of the characters, and as a bonus the manga is already completed. I liked the story and how it all came together. I was looking for a manga that involved a single day, or a story that involved children and came across this. While it was not exactly what I was looking for, I'd still say it is a good read. If you want to read it, you can do so here:
manga.animea.net/akkan-baby.html

The other one is:
Eien no With

The manga did not have a summary so I will make my own:
Summary: This story is about a girl who is socially awkward and because of her father's job which involves them moving around a lot, She never makes friends. She loves dogs a lot, but again, because of her father's job her parents tell her it wouldn't be fair to the dog to get one when they will be moving again soon and not knowing what their new house would look like. One day she is introduced the a program where her family can take in a puppy that will grow to be a seeing eye dog. It is a three chapter story which follows this girl and her family as take on this task.

I'm only on the first chapter, but I think it's a touching story and so far I really like it

You can read it here: manga.animea.net/eien-no-with.html

**Edit** Okay so, I just finished this story and ah just a warning. It's a tear jerker.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/09/16 01:05 By PRVN.
Chaudie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, I'm new here. I used to read as much manga as I could from one Manga, but it was shut down partially, could anyone share the other manga sites they read from?

Logged Logged
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
I know, it sucks that onemanga stopped hosting manga But if you're looking for manga try mangafox, they've got a lot of what onemanga had. If you want the really popular ones like Naruto or Bleach check out mangastream, they only have a select few, but they get them out much faster than other sites.

Logged Logged
Atailpha
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5
Some of these on my list are favorites, others are ones I am currently reading.

Inuyasha
Sailor Moon
Karin
Evangelion
Tsubasa
Rosario + Vampire
Fruits Basket
Negima!
Vampire Princess Miyu
Record of the Fallen Vampire

Btw, I cannot find a place with the full version of Vampire Princess Miyu. Anyone know where I can find it? I have the New Vampire Princess, but not the older one.

Logged Logged

Atailpha Claims the Occupation Master Dokugareers Moniter, with the tool of my daring wit!

\\\"When life gives you lemons, go write a fan fiction.\\\"

(See more quotes on my profile!)
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
I like Shoujo manga the best...

Papillon
Girl Got Game (Power!)
Heaven!!
Beauty Pop
Monkey High
and anything done by Arina Tanemura.

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Good Manga? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
Atailpha wrote:

Btw, I cannot find a place with the full version of Vampire Princess Miyu. Anyone know where I can find it? I have the New Vampire Princess, but not the older one.

You can read it here: manga.animea.net/vampire-princess-miyu.html

Naomi wrote:
I like Shoujo manga the best...

Papillon
Girl Got Game (Power!)
Heaven!!
Beauty Pop
Monkey High
and anything done by Arina Tanemura.

By Papillon do you mean 'Papillon - Hana To Chou'?

If so, I have to say I haven't read it for awhile. I use to like that one a lot, but then it kind of got ruined for me by the extent of the drama and how extreme that drama was. It was the like the story didn't give you time to recover or regroup yourself before moving onto another major dramatic event for the characters.

I don't know if I already mentioned this, and if I did I apologize. I've become kind of addicted to 'Love in the mask' apparently a lot of people are complaining because it is 'to slow' but I love it. I like how all the characters are written and how as the story progresses the reader can see the characters grow and change(slowly). Though some events are kind of repeated, I have a feeling this repetitiveness will be put to good use later on in the series

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.