Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Patrick Swayze
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Patrick Swayze
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
I don't know how any of our members feel about Mr. Swayze, but I can say that I was a big fan of his. My father sent me a message, and when I went to check the facts on-line, sure enough, front page of Yahoo! had an announcement of his passing.

I thought that maybe we could give our first memory of him. I know it's silly, but it's just something I thought of.

My first memory of anything with Patrick Swayze would be his movie Red Dawn. My father loved "war movies" and that one was one of his favorites when I was little. I thought he was so handsome. I saw Red Dawn even before I saw Dirty Dancing or Ghost.

May he rest in peace. We Love You, Patrick!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 34
NOO!!!! He died?!?!?! That's o not fair. I bought Dirty Dancing because of him. He was an AMAZING dancer and actor. *cries pitifully* That is soo sad. Two huge public celebrities dead in the same year!!!!

SO NOT FAIR!

RIP Patrick.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 66
I can not believe Patrick's gone. It is such sad news. And I so wanted him to pull through. Cancer is a very nasty disease. He will be missed greatly. Again, I just can't believe he's gone.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Onliime
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 10
I loved him in the outsiders and dirty dancing.

Random Swayze fact: Swayze is a classically trained ballet dancer. that is one of the reasons he got the part in dirty dancing.

Logged Logged

INUYASHA\\\'S DOGGY EARS ARE MINE! I claimed them in The Claiming Game.
Fallendoll
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 6
My first taste of Swayze was Dirty Dancing. It's still one of the best movies I've seen. All my condolences go out to his family, and friends.

Logged Logged
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Kirai wrote:
NOO!!!! He died?!?!?! That's o not fair. I bought Dirty Dancing because of him. He was an AMAZING dancer and actor. *cries pitifully* That is soo sad. Two huge public celebrities dead in the same year!!!!

SO NOT FAIR!

RIP Patrick.

Sadly. I knew it was going to happen, but I thought he was going to last longer. After all he's done and what he went through for the last 20 months, it's nice to know he's no longer in pain.

Logged Logged
Dandie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3
Mine was dirty dancing. "Nobody puts baby in the corner." *sigh* He was brilliant in that movie, and I drove my mother crazy by watching it over and over again. He was such a great dancer... It's so sad that he has passed away.

He will be missed, and remembered for all the awesome things he did, and for how many people he inspired. I'm going to go out and buy Dirty Dancing some time this week... I only have the beat up VCR tape... I think it's about time I got the DVD. .

Logged Logged
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 31
I'm not familiar with him, but may be rest in peace.

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 47
It's so sad to know that Patrick Swayze has passed, but at least he is not suffering anymore.

I loved him in Dirty Dancing and Ghost. I also liked him in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar . . . definitely a different role for him.

Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Walter Cronkite, Senator Ted Kennedy, and now Patrick Swayze . . . all within the span of a few months. May they all rest in peace.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
bayouhime85
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
That is just truly awful... i mean my very first crush was Johnny Castle from Dirty Dancing, and it inspired me to take dance lessons. it may have been my first taste of him, but my favorite memory happens to be my first date with my now husband, and we watched Road House. May he rest in peace, and i know he will be mourned by many. the best we can do is remember him for the terrific actor he was.

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
I loved him as a drag queen in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.

One of my favorite memories of him is his Saturday Night Live skit with Chris Farley as Chippendale dancers. That image will forever be burned into my brain. I cannot hear the song "Everyboby's working for the weekend" by Loverboy without seeing them dance in my head, and now thanks to a tribute video on Youtube (for the SNL skit) "The Final Countdown" by Europe isn't safe for me either.

And every Christmas I listen to the MST3K cast sing "It's a Patrick Swayze Christmas", which is about Crow's love of the movie Roadhouse.

RIP man, RIP.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/09/15 11:11 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

sesshys_jaded_samuri
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 32
I think that one of favorite movies he starred in was 'Next of Kin'. That was a really good one and worth checking out. But aside form that I loved 'Too Wong Fu'.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
Patrick Swayze... I remember him in "Red Dawn", we were all so young then. That movie was a lodestone for young "survivalists" of the time. And then in "Ghost", that kiss with Demi Moore, when she was working the potter's wheel. One of the few actors, or men, who really knew how to kiss. Seriously, rent the video, watch that kiss. Only one guy I've ever been with has kissed like that. This is why mortality is such a kick in the a**. It just seems so... wrong.

Logged Logged
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2
I think my first memory of Patrick Swayze was the Outsiders but it may have been Dirty Dancing.... either way i am still upset about this. I did however have to watch Point Break last night in his memory. I love that movie!!!

Logged Logged
Kogasangel
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 11
I was heartbroken to hear that he died. He was an amazing actor and I have to say that he was a very brave man. I loved his movies and I will keep his family in my prayers.

Logged Logged
D.S Anno
Whelp
graphgraph
same here... he was my hero. he will be missed.

Logged Logged

There is nothing to fear, but fear itself...or a monster...or an alien...ooh ooh Alien vs Predator but that is just cool, not scary at all.
Couldntbekeener3
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2
He was my very first crush I was 5 and i saw Dirty Dancing and just couldnt believe how this man was makin me feel. When I heard he died it was like he was taking a piece of my childhood with him TOo Wong Rocked as well!!!!

In Ghost the last line from him was somthing like "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you" Hopefully he can feel our love now.

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Okay. Smittee must say it now. I think the greatest role I had seen him in was not his famous Dirty Dancing, or even Roadhouse. It was Donnie Darko. While the part may have been quite dark and dreary, it showed how good of an actor her truly can be. Being a different role from many others, it must have been a great challenge. For someone to be able to play such a role that well, then I must applaud them for it. May he rest in peace, unlike most famous actors and singers of this time.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
I love Patrick Swayze. I think he is one of the most underrated actors in the business. His characters were always passionate and real. I love 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Ghost,' but my favorite is 'To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.' Crazy, I know, but I've always respected those three tough guys taking roles as transvestites. And I loved Swayze's character. And his dancing, oh, he was great! He was a strong, courageous man, proved by his taking the lead in the TV series 'The Beast.' To take that on when he was facing such a diagnosis? That's courage and passion and strength. He will be missed.

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Inkasha Taisho
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
My first Patrick Swayze film was To Wong Foo!!! I later saw 'Ghost'. He was an outstanding actor and he will be missed thoroughly. We lost some great people this year.

RIP Patrick Swayze

Logged Logged

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
My hubby asked me to add that I add Point Break to my list, cus it is his favorite movie EVAR! So Point Break.

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Patrick Swayze 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 27
I was saddened to hear of his passing too. We have lost so many great people this year. His life was cut too short, and his skill as an actor as well as his humanitarian efforts (of which there were many) will be sorely missed. For me personally my first taste of the wonderful acting skills of Patrick was in "The Outsiders". Not one of his most well known movies, but a great one all the same. Yet my absolute favorite movie by him is without a doubt "To Wong Fu Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar", by far the best film he's ever done. He had to go so far outside of his normal scope of acting for that one. Because let's face it folks Patrick always was and always will be the tough guy!!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.