Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
picking boys names
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: picking boys names
October Rose
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
picking boys names 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
as i would hope everyone knows...im having a boy. due right after thanksgiving. so i'm having issues picking a name. we have picked xander as a first name (which im still not to happy with) but i can't pick a middle name. so please if anyone out there has a name worth mentioning please throw it out there. i need saving from the collection of lame names my husband keeps picking out. i think hes being funny when he chooses these atrocities but he's being serious. so i'm open to some suggestions. thanx oct.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:picking boys names 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
I can't think of any terrific ones right off the bat, but I can share the feeling about the hubby with the "lame names." When I was pregnant with my son, he wanted to name the poor child "Kolt." Mind you, our last name starts with a "K." Isn't that horrible? So, I can empathize completely!!

If I come up with anything that seems to go well with Xander, I'll post again!

GOOD LUCK!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:picking boys names 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 20
I feel for you , I really do. When I was pregnant with my son I asked his father to pick out the name if it was a boy and I would pick out one for a girl. In my family , the dad picked out the boy names . I was then horrified when he presented me with his choice , he wanted to name his first son [ I had sons already from my marriage ] ...Darkin Allister. DARKIN ALLISTER!!!!! Allister because he loved Ozzy and ' Mr. Crowley ' was his favorite song . That and he had some sort of morbid fascination with Allister Crowley too. Don't ask me where he came up with DARKIN . He just said the name screamed power and no one would f@#& his son if he had a name like that. Finally , we settled on our sons' current name , Kaenan Saul [ my suggestion ]. It is different and the spelling is unique. I always go for the unusual names , but even I have limits.

Logged Logged
AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:picking boys names 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 23
Are you trying to choose from a certain Origin? Or any special meaning?

Or you can just not give a middle name that makes things a load easier XD But anyways you should check out baby name websites.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/pages-browse-by-origin.html that one has some good names..hm.

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:picking boys names 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
When I think of boy and girl names, I think of famous rulers in history to go by, particulary during the Roman or earlier time period. Names like Alexander, Arthur, etc.

Logged Logged

Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:picking boys names 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 10
When I was pregnant two years ago with our son, we went through just about every name in our 10,000+ Baby Names book. We settled on Asa Matthias. Both old names, original, and not easily made fun of. Xander holds a special place for me as it is my nephew's name. If you're not happy with that, there are all kinds of websites that help if you are interested in a certain type of name, like the name's most common nationality. If you want some example names that are cool and different....Where to start? Dirk, Tobias, and Silas are the top three on my list. Good luck with the search!!!

Logged Logged
October Rose
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:picking boys names 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
im starting to wonder if an initial would do.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.