Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T
Amerie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
So... I have an issue... I pull all-nighters waaay too often, (like, every night actually,) and I are tired of not being able to sleep until 4 a.m.! Help meh...
(And yes, i tried drinking warm milk at about 2 already...)
>.>

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 78
That's how I got hooked on "Inuyasha". It aired for an hour at around midnight, and again at five in the morning on Cartoon Network. I would get up and lift weights and do sit-ups through the first showing, then clean the house, then play my playlist on U-Tube, while riding the gazelle for the rest of the night until Inuyasha came on again. Then the rest of the world started waking up, and it was time to take a shower and head off to work... When there is no one awake to talk to, you become addicted to things like that. That's how I get through the long, dark hours instead of bemoaning the fact that I have to be awake when everyone else is sleeping, I view it as a chance to indulge my addictions instead! Until I find myself nodding off at work...

Logged Logged
Amerie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
That's a great way to pass time, but my music is too loud and my addictions are far worse. (No drugs though, but I eat all the time... I'm skinny.... Fast metabolism!!) But I'll eat just about anything edible in our cabinets to help me fall asleep
So basically the only ways to help me fall asleep is to watch tv, watch random crap on youtube (like Japanese shows and anime for some weird reason...), or listen to my hand-me-down MP3 but it has all pop songs and I'm a rocker! (Or read stories on Dokuga...)
And I can't go the entire summer like this! So I need suggestions as to help me get to sleep faster! Like, on time at about 11 at the latest.

Please post suggestions or how you fall asleep andI'll try them. I'm pretty desperate...

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 78
Do not try to sleep in a room that is too warm, or try to fall asleep to the radio or tv. Find the coldest place possible to sleep (I know this can be hard in summer...). Don't get all tucked in, it will give you claustrophobia and make you restless. Lay on top of the bed or couch, with only a very lightweight blanket loosely over you. Curl up, like a puppy, on your side. Don't try to lay on your back or stomach. Then, don't try to sleep. Let your imagination go, trying to make up a fictional story, imagining the dialogue and scene changes, as though you were watching it taking place in the anime. I can imagine the voices from "Inuyasha" just as they sound on tv. This is how I'm writing my story, and I envision each scene as though it was on the television screen. DO NOT TRY TO FALL ASLEEP. Just keep on imagining the events you want to take place. Even if this seems to go on for an hour or two, don't jump up and start doing anything. Just amuse yourself with your imagination. Even if you don't actually fall asleep, your body is resting, which is about a third of the sleep thing, and your mind is not thinking about the problems of your real life. That is the second third of why we sleep. If you don't make actually sleeping the object of what you are doing, but rather imagining things as vividly as possible, you could very well fall asleep. Often, you can make yourself dream about what you want to by using this method, as well, and that can be very amusing...

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 52
Tivo is your best friend for recording those pesky midnight or later showings of Inuyasha, then watching them whenever you want to (although a recent recording of X-men came out as a recording of Aqua Teen Hungerforce, uck!).

Logged Logged

AmaViarra
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 23
The best times to try and get to sleep is 11-3.
But, like most people- that isn't always easy. try not to watch TV or listen to music for about two hours before you go to bed.(Clean or do something that won't get your mind riled up)

I always use to have trouble going to sleep at night, and then I'd only get like 2 hours of sleep before getting up for the next day.

Make sure you don't take any naps throughout the day, even if you are extremely tired.
Pick a bed time, and a time you usually want to wake up. It'll be easier to go to sleep then.
When you actually go to sleep- clear your mind. Don't think about ANYTHING. Concentrate on your breathing(you know, breath in and out) and you'll eventually fall asleep without even knowing it.

Logged Logged
oksana
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Did you try to think why cant you fall a sleep? What was your regular day like the whole year?
Try not to eat everything,especially any kind of chocolate:) Warm milk wont help,unless you mix it with honey(not my favorite taste ). If you cant sleep some nights,try to take Benadryl 30 min before going to sleep.
Or get yourself a Melatonin tabs,it helps regulate sleeping problems.

Or if your system as crazy as mine - drink cup of coffee with milk and no sugar - you'll be out in 20 minutes

Logged Logged
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 34
I don't know if this will help much. But i sometimes take sleeping pills. Though for some reason i have found that i can fall asleep easily while listening to metal music (disturbed). I think i'm weird.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
prettykirai08 wrote:
...Though for some reason i have found that i can fall asleep easily while listening to metal music (disturbed). I think i'm weird.

No, you're not weird. I used to do that for years... listen to metal with headphones on and I'd fall asleep right away. No listening, and I'd toss and turn half the night.

Even now, I still sometimes like to drift off to music. It usually is more effective and less habit-forming than drugs, for me anyway!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

MoonlightSerenade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 10
thatgirlroxx22 wrote:
So... I have an issue... I pull all-nighters waaay too often, (like, every night actually,) and I are tired of not being able to sleep until 4 a.m.! Help meh...
(And yes, i tried drinking warm milk at about 2 already...)
>.>

i know how you feel. My schedule is way off from my norm. I stay up until 4:30-5:00 in the morning and sleep until late. The only way i could ever get my regular sleeping pattern back was to stay up all night and then the next day. Maybe you can try that....it doesnt work for everyone, but its worth a try.

Logged Logged
Amerie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1
prettykirai08 wrote:
I don't know if this will help much. But i sometimes take sleeping pills. Though for some reason i have found that i can fall asleep easily while listening to metal music (disturbed). I think i'm weird.

No, I have to listen to metal to help me fall asleep, too. So, no, you're not weird at all.

Thank you everyone but I can't fall asleep, even with pills, no matter what brand/type. And I've also tried to imagine stuff and laying on my side, but I never fall asleep even though I don't think about it.
(And PLEASE do not say I need to see a doctor because that is the LAST thing I want to do!)
The only ways I can sleep is if its some time around 4 a.m. and I'm listening to metal/tv/video on the internet. I think the light from the computer/tv makes my eyes sag, but I don't know how long this will last, (the metal/tv/videos thing. I won't be able to do this the rest of my life.)

Thanks for all the suggestions people! Please keep them coming! I'll try everyone's ideas and let you know which ones work or not...

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 52
I could suggest a self-gratification method of exhausting yourself to the point where you fall right asleep, but it probably wouldn't be very proper on this forum, NC-17 stuff and all that.

Logged Logged

Amerie
Pup
graphgraph
JoshuaK wrote:
I could suggest a self-gratification method of exhausting yourself to the point where you fall right asleep, but it probably wouldn't be very proper on this forum, NC-17 stuff and all that.

Haha that's actually a good idea, but I don't think I could do that every night for the whole summer. XD
Thanks anyway.

Logged Logged
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
oksamit wrote:

Try not to eat everything,especially any kind of chocolate:) Warm milk wont help,unless you mix it with honey(not my favorite taste ). If you cant sleep some nights,try to take Benadryl 30 min before going to sleep.

I've had issues sleeping for about a year now. The benadryl helps not just because it causes drowiness but also helps with opening any airways, congession and things like that will unconsciously cause you to stay awake.

As for eating. Stay away from heavy foods three hours before you plan to sleep. Keep away from sugary things in the evening. If you must snack then I was suggested trying small portions, no fat yogurt, a cup of sugar free cereal, or fruits and vegetables. But absolutely no food whatsoever an hour before you plan to sleep. Stay away from sugary drinks before bed, even juice. Try water or milk (not chocolate milk). <--- this was reccommended to me by a doctor and it worked fairly well.

I would also have to agree with knifethrow. Most of my best storie come before I sleep because I let my imagination run wild. I fall asleep before I know it... but you can't get up at all or your body becomes awake and alert and won't rest.

Logged Logged

Amerie
Pup
graphgraph
Yeah, I stay up and write my ideas on paper sometimes, too. Thanks. I'll try that suggestion tonight. I might still be up though... If so, then I'll be able to tell you if it worked or not at least.

Logged Logged
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 58
prettykirai08 wrote:

Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar album knocks me smooth out everytime.

if you eat a snack before bed, eat something high protein and about an hour before. I sleep best when it's cold (I'll turn down the thermostat)

and what has helped me the most with my insomnia is that I only use my bedroom for sleeping... that way when I go in there my mind and body know it's time to wind down and relax. that's made the biggest difference... all I want to do is lie down and rest while I'm in there... no other activities. plus I have no other distractions in the room either... just a bed and dresser.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Ish new... Ish tired... Ish bored... Help?? T-T 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 18
Sounds like you have insomnia. And if it's as bad as you make it sound (I know u don't want to hear it but...) maybe you should see a doctor. Other than that what works for me... Someone mentioned imagining things. I do that and it works. I act out my stories or other PPP stories or movies in my head.

I'm really comforted by dark rooms. If you are ok with silence and darkness then laying in it will definitely be comforting. I don't listen to metal music nor do I think I can handle having it blaring in my ear all night. I do listen to music when trying to sleep sometimes. A lot of times it will be some Japanese songs or recently I've been into this Asian pianist named Yiruma. His River Flows In You, Kiss the Rain, and Moonlight songs soothe me enough and lull me to sleep. Those are just a few though.

BTW I wanted to ask, what do u do during the day?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/12 06:36 By Akay.
Amerie
Pup
graphgraph
During the day my schedule is fairly simple the fact being its summer:
Wake up around 12 or 1 pm (because I can't sleep)
Eat some type of either leftovers or cereal/oatmeal
Play Wii for about an hour or so (until I get bored)
Go to my room and listen to metal music and write stories both on my laptop
Practice guitar for a couple of minutes (about 10, I'm a fast learner)
Watch a teey bit of tv (it helps my eyes sag and thus its easier for mw to fall asleep)
Wash my face
Let the dogs out to go pody
Sleep (or try. I give up at about 3 a.m. and just go on Dokuga.)

And insomnia is basically the inability to sleep, right?
I used to have perscribed pills to help me sleep but they didn't work either... :/
I needed something stronger.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.