Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Do you have OCD?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Do you have OCD?
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 42
I have this thing with windows... at night if I have to walk past one I have to run past it, then reach back and make sure the curtains are closed. It's because I think someone could be peeping, but it's not just bedroom windows it's all of them. I also keep most of the lights on the inside off at night because when the lights are on the glare keeps me from seeing if there is someone outside before I close the window.

I got all super excited the other night >.< for the first time in year I went past an open window after dark without running...

I also enjoy alphabetizing random things just for fun and scrubbing things clean, like super dirty stoves and messy things. I often can't pay attention to people talking to me if there's something in the room I want to clean.

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady Shikibu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4
I can't drive beside semi's, or have one right behind me or right in front of me. And even if it isn't me driving I can't stand it. I once yelled at my mom to speed up and get away from one because she was just sitting next to it . And if I see one coming up in the lane nest to mine I'll hang back until there's room beyond it, then I speed up and get past it. It wasn't so bad when I had a six cylinder car that actually could speed up, but now I've got only a four cylinder one and it takes FOREVER to pass those suckers! And that's only on the highway! If its in the city and I have to be stopped next to them...!

Logged Logged
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 26
When I was younger, I used to wash my hands all the time. I was really paranoid about germs, so I would wear my leather gloves whenever I went outside (I didn't want to touch anything with my bare hands - especially on the bus). I also had this weird thing with metal. Whenever I touched anything metal (even in my own house) I always felt this strong need to wash my hands afterwards. My room was always in perfect shape; I knew where everything was! I was so obsessed, I could tell if anyone had been in my room if anything was even slightly moved.

I'm not like that anymore, thankfully. I no longer keep my hands covered whenever I go out, I no longer wash my hands excessively, and my strange uneasiness about metal is also gone. My room hasn't been kept obsessively clean for years, so there's another thing I'm over.

But I'm not completely cured, because all the above have been replaced by other things... But they're not as bad. I hope.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 20:10 By Honey-Bee.
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
I have small things,

Things are never perfectly clean in my bedroom yet the rest of the house has to be in order or I freak. I horde things, thinking I will need it one day. The worse thing is my collections. I have too many things... yes the normal ones like anime, manga, pictures, and figurines, but small things too... designer kleenex, pens (dead ones), Kinder toys (a small toy you build found in an chocolate egg for those who don't know what it is) and lately I have begun to gather any small clipping I can use in scrapbooking, my collection of supplies for it is far beyond anything I will ever use.

Logged Logged

not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 16
I have the urge to rearrange everyone's posts on this thread.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
Lady B, that is PRICELESS!!! Both my daughter and I have OCD to varying degrees, and welcome the opportunity to laugh about it as much as we can. Plus we both love icanhascheezeburger!

Great stuff, thanks so much for posting it!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: -666
This is such a heavy thread that I think a moment of levity would be pleasing.

Just hope it doesn't offend anyone

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
I hoard stuff....anywhere from old drawings from middle school, to old manga books, art books (mostly how to draw manga) old video games, random papers, old fan fic wrtitings, old birthday cards from my family and friends, etc...

I also have the obcession of being on Dokuga everyday...for practically the whole day and the first thing I do is check for reviews, PM's, and comments, and which threads have been updated in the forum. I do it every single day and it's pretty much habit it's the first thing I do when I get on my laptop besides check my DeviantART account and my yahoo mail.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 25
Mine isn't bad (I have a thing about hoarding boxes and bags), but my boyfriend has a lot of different things. When he eats pizza, there has to be one pepperoni for every bite, and if there isn't he won't finish the slice. He also puts his fries in row on his plate before he will eat them. Those are the things that stand out to me the most.

Logged Logged
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
I have a bit of OCD, and I kinda think that my boyfriend does too. He does the hoarding thing with boxes and lots of other things. I am really weird about having clean hands...I was them probably fifteen times a day. I have the need to have something in my mouth as well, but I think that is from smoking, too. I tend to line things up and get really freaked out when they are moved. My drawers are organized in military precision, and the rest of my house is as well.

I actually take tranquilizers because I have anxiety issues regarding my poor health and other issues, including OCD. The doctor says it is mild, and I am glad. If what I have is mild, I would hate it to become serious.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 40
I have a tendency to keep reorganizing things over and over. After a while, I get irritated and I have to reorganize it again, whether its computer files or clothes, or whatever really.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
OMG Yes! I'm not the only crazy OCD person out there!

I have several compulsive urges:

- I HAVE to fold my towels a certain way before using them.

- All six of my pillows MUST be in perfect order or i can't sleep.

- I WILL flip out if one of my dvds or games aren't put back in their cases.

- I HAVE to have something to occupy my mouth at all times.(not in a perverted way)I got my tongue peirced for this reason. This may be a side effect of being a smoker though.

-I CAN'T sleep with out my stuffed white tiger, Lucas. Seriously, i will tear my room apart to find him. I've had him since i was 6 and despite my boyfriend's protests he will not be leaving our bed anytime soon.

I have several more OCDesque things as well that I can't think of right now.... if they come to me i'll be back!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/17 06:48 By toranushi23. Reason: spelling
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Do you have OCD? 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 26
For some reason or another, I was thinking about OCD today. For those of you who don't know what OCD is, it is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by involuntary intrusive thoughts and compulsive behaviors.

Sufferers often have an illogical fear that something bad will happen if they do not perform whatever their compulsion happens to be. (There are many different kinds)

Some people obssesively wash their hands for fear of getting sick. Some people need to keep checking things again and again to make sure they did it. (Ex. Did I lock the door?) Some people have to do things in a certain order all the time, and if they are interrupted, they have to start all over again.

Mine, is I can't throw certain things away. (Hoarding) It's not as bad as I have seen some people's though. For me, it's mostly just boxes. Any time I buy something in a box, I always keep the box for as long as possible. I'm afraid that the moment I throw it away, I will regret it for one reason or another. (thus the irrationality) I know it's silly, but I just can't help myself.

Surely I can't be the only one. So I thought I'd as you guys, do you have OCD?

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.