Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The truth about the Columbine shooting?......
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: The truth about the Columbine shooting?......
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The truth about the Columbine shooting?...... 15 Years ago Karma: 9
Here is an article I found explaining the truth about the Columbine shooting:
www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-04-13-columbine-myths_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

Wow....I really don't know what to say. To know that reporters/investigator's got all this information wrong just scares me. What do you think about the article?

He got a good look at the boys' writings only in the past couple of years. Among the revelations: Eric Harris was financing what could well have been the biggest domestic terrorist attack on U.S. soil on wages from a part-time job at a pizza parlor.

"One of the scary things is that money was one of the limiting factors here," Cullen says.

Had Harris, then 18, put off the attacks for a few years and landed a well-paying job, he says, "he could be much more like Tim McVeigh," mixing fertilizer bombs like those used in Oklahoma City in 1995. As it was, he says, the fact that Harris carried out the attack when he did probably saved hundreds of lives.

"His limited salary probably limited the number of people who died."

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/04/15 08:03 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:The truth about the Columbine shooting?...... 15 Years ago Karma: 34
What's sad about all this and the speculation is that no one took into account a teen's way of thinking. Teenagers are notorious for being overly emotional and impulsive. Harris couldn't have waited any longer than he did to get his so-called "fame" He never would have made it. In his head he was already God (just like he claimed in his diary). All it would have taken was one wrong comment from someone to set him off (assuming he never did go through with the Columbine shooting) and he would have started going after people and turning into a serial killer. Instead he decided that he was going to take out as many people as he could before he died and make it his legacy. In mind all he could think about was that it was time that he got the recognition for his own superiority, his god-like presence.

As for Klebold . . . he had the wrong friend. Depression can make people do the stupidest things. It makes everything seem as though there is no way out, no better alternative than what is first presented to you (usually the worst idea). He trusted his friend to be able to see what he was talking about and offer him some type of solution of rid himself of the feelings that bombarded him. He trusted his friend to give him the truth. Klebold sounds like every other teenager I know, not sure how to actually be with anyone without feeling like you are being judged, so he made people see him as he thought they wanted to.

The worst thing about this is that it isn't and never was about bullying. This is about children and teenagers way of excluding people. It's never intentional, but it happens and that is what makes the biggest impression on a person. The way that people will just ignore another because they seem different or awkward or whatever. From personal experience, i can tell you just how much it hurts and makes a person do stupid things. It makes things seem worse and with enough of it, I can see why Harris made his choice. As "God" he wanted people to recognize him for who he was, that's all he really wanted. Recognition. Klebold was just along for the ride.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.