Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Depression...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Depression...
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Depression... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
You know, I was reading a story that chronicalled the life of Inuyasha and Co. throughout the end of the Sengoku Jidai and into modern times, and I started thinking that this made me really depressed. How many of us love thinking of Sesshoumaru-sama as a feudal lord, wearing armor and able to solve all problems by walking through them, cutting them down with his claws, swords, and acid whip? I know that this is how I like to see him best. It really does make me depressed when I think of him tamed by time and humans. Do any of you ever think like this, or do I have too much spare time on my hands?

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
twiknham
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Depression... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
That's the absolute joy of fanfic. Yes, it can be depressing. I mean, does he even make it to the modern era or does a disease wipe him out, or the nuclear bombs, etc...
However, as writers, we can make his story anything we want. Knowing the man the way the show has portrayed him, chances are good he's going to work to excel at everything he does, OR he will just give up and move on into obscurity - it could go either way. YOU get to decide as the writer (I like my taiyoukai powerful and rich, but then that's how I like my men too ) and that helps remove the depression.

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Depression... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 42
I always like to think maybe somewhere deep in the woods most of the demons are off still exsisting in their own little space just being obscure. I like the idea of a rescluse Sesshou that lives off in the woods somewhere and still hacknslashes tresspassers... but since noone in civilization knows he is there those of his victims are found 'missing' or 'strange mysterious animal attacks' xD

Unsung Silence is a story on FF that has a really interesting ending that was nice to Sesshou and the demons for moving into the future.

The Painter in the woods has a nice obscure/reclusive sort of Sesshoumaru

and His Past, Her present, Their future also has a nice still powerful Sesshoumaru ending ^^

All in all that hidden behind a concealment spell Sesshoumaru weilding ridiculous amounts of money rather and a sword and claws does make me a little sad when I think about it Somehow he seems less tainted by greed when he only lusts after power and not money

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/03/29 04:47 By MontiK.

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Depression... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 33
I agree, I don't want to think of him as a Wall Street tycoon. I would rather he be the untamed feudal god...

PS. I read Painter in the Woods, but I don't like thinking of Sesshy in obscurity either. He is such a larger-than-life personality, and I kinda think that he always would be.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Depression... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 31
Sessylove219 wrote:
You know, I was reading a story that chronicalled the life of Inuyasha and Co. throughout the end of the Sengoku Jidai and into modern times, and I started thinking that this made me really depressed. How many of us love thinking of Sesshoumaru-sama as a feudal lord, wearing armor and able to solve all problems by walking through them, cutting them down with his claws, swords, and acid whip? I know that this is how I like to see him best. It really does make me depressed when I think of him tamed by time and humans. Do any of you ever think like this, or do I have too much spare time on my hands?

I agree--just thinking about him being just a normal business tycoon is depressing...though it would make sense if he lived until modern area. I could not imagine someone as ambitions as him to simply not try and conquer when he cannot use weapons.

Logged Logged
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Depression... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
i like either way, though i could so see him being a bitter recluse, or a tycoon.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.