Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Tail?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Tail?
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
Okay, I have a new question/topic for conversation.

Some authors say the mokomoko is a tail. Some say it is a pelt with it's own limited intelligence. Some just say it is a ceremonial fur. What do you think? Do any of you get irritated when you hear it written in a certain way?

I personally have read a few fics where it is an actual tail, like Shippou's, and I kinda get irritated. In my own brain, a totally nude Sesshy would be something flawless and irrisistable. Knowing he had an actual tail would ruin that a bit. I mean, how can you really fantasize about someone (and yes, I know he is a drawing and fantasizing about a drawing is pathetic) who has a big tail? It would just make certain scenarios that my little hentai GM brain creates somewhat strange.

I know he is a inuyoukai, but a tail would make it a little too close to beastiality for my taste.

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nobody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Rumiko actually refered to it as a parasitical demon at one point it think. I love when mokomoko-sama gets stolen...and taken to mexico.....and then stolen again....and taken to argentina. LMAO im such a flut!

Logged Logged
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
I read the story you are referring to about Argentina. Nair had something to do with it, right? I was laughing so hard I cried at that one.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/02/11 13:42 By Sessylove219.

possessed
Pup
graphgraph
Mokomoko is now fluent in Spanish.

Logged Logged
MontiK
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 42
Personally I think Sesshou would be uber cute with a tail But it does bug me a bit when mokomoko is his tail... makes me think to much of and overly fluffy monkey and less of a dog. Tails on anything is adorable though ^.^

Logged Logged

[img]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/ShexyMonti/MontiBannercopy.jpg?t=1236322064[/img]

^~~~~ Teensie made me a pretty Banner!!!! :D

Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 26
I kinda roll my eyes a bit when I see it written as a tail. I know Rumiko said that it was a parasitic demon, but I like to think of it as nothing more than a thick fluffy pelt through which he is able to channel his powers.

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 91
My thinking is that it is NOT a tail The mokomoko becomes the off-colored fur around his neck so it's not possible to be a tail unless it morphes into two things and attatches it's self to somewhere different than his shoulder.

I've heard all he different theories but no where, from what i've seen, did the creator ever really tell what it was. So it's all just guesswork on our end and we do with it what our imagination wants us to.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
LuxKen27
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Eh, I generally write it as a pelt, just another part of his ridiculously elaborate attire. I'm not fond of it being used as a tail but depending on the author's abilities, can suspend my disbelief.

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
Considering that I WANT a tail??? Of course I'm fine with it being a tail. Although, I don't have a special preferences for what the mokomoko could be. I just like that it looks soft, and it is fluffy. It's also really pretty. If it was a tail, I would pet it, and wish I had one. I probably wouldn't want one so fluffy......Sorry, my mind was wandering to happy things.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
not-active
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
Haha. I know it's not a tail, but I write a tail in there because it's HOT to have a Sesstail.

It's fandom, after all...

I do what I want!

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
I would much more prefer mokomoko as the pelt/fur/etc. rather than the tail. Just a personal opinion though. To me, mokomoko as a tail is a bit queer, but I don't mind it too much.

Logged Logged
Jupe
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 28
Yeah, I believe she DID say it was a parasitic demon - I found an InuYasha character book in FYE and kind of geeked out over the Sesshoumaru section for a while. >3>; I get annoyed when it's written as a tail, yes. >3<

Logged Logged

Moo. We are a cow. Take us to China.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
Sessylove219 wrote:
Okay, I have a new question/topic for conversation.

Some authors say the mokomoko is a tail. Some say it is a pelt with it's own limited intelligence. Some just say it is a ceremonial fur. What do you think? Do any of you get irritated when you hear it written in a certain way?....It would just make certain scenarios that my little hentai GM brain creates somewhat strange.

I gave you karma b/c i never saw you use GM before. r0o's glad she influences!

BUT!!!....

SON OF A BI=CH! i had this wh0o0o0o0ole thing already answered when my puter flipped out and killed it! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry....

R0o's answer:

Weapon. I don't think he'd have anything that wasn't of use to him, his father had two of them and only one tail in true form so i doubt its a tail. and i'm not sure if its alive or not but its not connected, as when Rin found him both ends were sticking out from under him.

man the first version was much better, but its the same answer... stupid computer!
- r0o

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 33
I seriously have read fics where it was a tail. I remember reading one, probably on ff.net that had Kikyou buying Sess as a slave to give as a gift to Kags. His one talent was in the bedroom, and he wrapped his tail around her at night to comfort her. It did not come off. It was a TAIL! That was definately creepy.

By the way, r0o, I submitted two stories for your Great GM Challenge 2009,,,

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1591/1

and

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/1586/1

Logged Logged

possessed
Pup
graphgraph
In the tomb when the brothers fight over the sword, the anime has Sess use Mokomoko to wrap up Inuyasha, then throw him violently against the side of the room.

It does appear to be a separate entity, but under Sess's control/command.

I don't mind reading it as a pelt, youkai-storage-container, parasite or tail. As a dog's tail, though, it would not be flexible like a possum's. Dog tails are pretty stiff... but as pointed out here and other places, this is fanfiction and we can do as we like!!!

And yes... I have flut issues I refuse to work out.

Logged Logged
Akumi
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 6
I don't mind it either way, as long as it's entwined into the story. Sometimes the way the author writes it, it makes it cute even as a tail.

Either way, I would love to get my hands on it and give it a swift tug...if he yelps and suddenly jerks towards me, I know my answer.

Until then, I'll let my own imagination think all kinds of thoughts.

-Love Akumi

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Dreams are the true reality in which nature can not decay.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
daapatemysoul
Pup
graphgraph
I used to only like when it was written as a tail, waaay back in the day, but now,I really like all ways its written. Though, for smut purposes, I like when its just a fur. I've read several fics where Sesshomaru lays mokomoko out on the ground, then lays a naked Kagome on it. YUM! Seriously, ever lain naked on a good fur? Its amazing!

(no, I do not support furs for furs sake, but I do own a lamb pelt for very practical reasons that was "donated" by a lamb that was killed for food purposes and the hide was then used to maximum capacity.)

Logged Logged

Insanity makes life more fun. Don\\\\\\\'t believe me? Make faces at random stangers and see what happens.
Twilight Dawn
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
Why would he wear the mokosama, unless it was attached to him somehow. I don't see Sesshoumaru carrying it around as a pelt or anything like that. The color and the texture reminds me of his tail, even when he tranforms into his beast. So, that is how I write it in my stories. It depends on what the author believes.

Logged Logged

Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 26
fortunesque wrote:
Haha. I know it's not a tail, but I write a tail in there because it's HOT to have a Sesstail.

It's fandom, after all...

I do what I want!

LOL!!! Karma for you! And you're absolutely right! It is fandom, and the whole idea is to recreate the characters and situations to your own liking!

At least that's why I do it!

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
beermoney5
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
I have the profile book by Rumiko Takahashi and it say’s “His rich fur is part of his body and can stretch, giving him defense and some means of attack.” That is a quote from the book and it says nothing about it being a tail or a parasitic demon.

It is hard for me to believe it to be a parasitic demon because I would think Sesshomaru would be powerful enough to get rid of it.

I don’t particularly care for it to be a tail but I have read some stories where it was and it didn’t ruin the story for me. Once again it’s fanfiction and it’s up to the authors.

Logged Logged

[img]http://dokuga.com/g2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10540&g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 9
Uhh I have written mokomoko as Sesshomaru's tail but now I write it as sort of an extension of himself that stores the uncessary demonic energy of Sesshomaru. Hence the reason why he can manipulate it at will for offense, defense, and transportation. As for how Sesshomaru got it well...it's apart of him because you notice he still has mokomoko when he transforms. But I used tho think it was like a family heirloom pelt made from Inu no Taisho's fluff that was passed down to Sesshomaru when he came of age.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Danielle Robertson
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
its part of who fluffy iz

Logged Logged
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
I recent thingy by Shounen Sunday asked Rumiko Takahashi what the mokomoko was:

“What is Sesshomaru's Mokomoko?” (mokomoko: the fluffy fur wrap Sesshomaru wears – ed.) It think it's dog fur. When he is in dog form, it wraps around his body and connects to his tail. The theme I had in mind when I designed Sesshomaru was for him to be gorgeous, so I'm satisfied that adding the Mokomoko achieved that.

On the parasitic demon theory, it seems plausible anyway. Not all parasites are bad, and if it had a symbiosis of sorts with Sesshoumaru (i.e. it gets power/whatever from him and he can in turn use it as a weapon) then I don't see why he would want to get rid of it.

Logged Logged
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 38
I like it lots of different ways.

I've only written it as a part of him that stores power and isn't connected, but I have been dying for a plot that I can use it as a real tail and finally I have one! I'm interested to see how my readers who are used to me making it one thing react to it as something else entirely.

I know there's a lot of people that simply don't like the idea of it as a tail, but he's a dog demon! The tail just makes it all the better in my mind. Shippo's has a tail. Kouga does too, though whether that's truly attached or a part of his clothing is unclear...

Logged Logged
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Tail? 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Lol I thought it was just a piece of fur, just like apart of his outfit.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.