Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Blue Vs Brown
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Blue Vs Brown
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Blue Vs Brown 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
ElegantPaws wrote:

Personal preference is one thing – blue, brown, green, chartreuse (wink) go for it. Tell me an enthralling story.

EP

here here.

the r0o tends to make the blue, b/c of the manga, though i have made them brown, and i often want to make them Shikon jewel pinkish purple... sue me... as for what i like?

well i personally have dark brown eyes, and i feel that its hard to see depth in eyes like my own b/c they are so very dark. I once took something, a test of some kind, and they said my eyes were black.

While i think that might actually be cool IRL they aren't and it peevs me a bit that no one gets to see my pupil b/c my iris' are so very dark as well. Only in bright light shined directly at them do they even look brown, but when that does happen its a nice warm chocolate color.

I dunno i don't feel common to have dark eyes, i feel like i'm left out sometimes b/c my eyes don't "pop." B/c my eyes seem to be "black."

Maybe that gives a good reason for it. maybe not. - r0o

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: -666
Not to rail on you ladybattousai, but brown eyes are actually the more predominant color. I suppose it's more common in Europe because there is not an extensive mixture of races, but I can say that the dominant eye color in the United States is brown, making blue eyes a recessive trait in many Caucasian or Biracial children. I'm mixed and my dad has blue eyes, but my brother and I both have brown eyes, like our mom.

I'm not going to argue that, because what you are saying is reasonable. However, you cannot say that blue eyes don't have a strong association with a western culture. Again, I honestly don't have a problem with gray or dark blue as a reference for her eye color. It's simply when it is a bright cobalt or some similar color that I question how much the author is truly channeling Kagome as a character.

In the end, it's a preference and an opinion, so take it as such.

And that's funny, Elegant Paws. I've encountered similar requests for similar reasons, although that one is by far the most hilarious one. So blatant...

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
@ladybattousai: You know, I honestly didn't think about that way. You're right about the connection between western culture and blue eyes. And I guess, as far as characterization preferences go, it's to each their own.

@sugar0o: That would be interesting if her eyes were the color of the jewel. ^^

- CA

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 9
I know that Kagome has brown eyes in the anime and I'm told she has blue eyes in the manga. Personally, I however love to write Kagome with blue eyes because it makes her more unique and exotic because Asian people don't usually have blue eyes so that make her much more of a rarity that Sesshomaru loves to uncover the mystery of

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11
I've written both in; brown eyes feels sweet and innocent, while blue is unique and sexy. I love the concept of both the eye colors.

Logged Logged
Sofie Louise
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
@Katie: Although it's been ages since this was relevant I'll just say:
I thought the colouring style looked kinda washed out too, but then I read somewhere that Takahashi uses water colours to colour these pages... It makes sense, but dang that woman must be a master with those colours - I remember my last water colour attempt in 5th grade and.. uh... it didn't end well

I always think of Kagome as having blue eyes - like many others I think it makes her stand out... And it also kinda suggests that she may have some foreign blood in her veins too which I always thought would make a nice connection to InuYasha (IN THE CANON MANGA! I'm a KagSess supporter through and through ).

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/12 15:46 By callista.
Kazu Hioshi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
I don't really mind, much, but I tend to prefer the manga colour, just because it came first I guess.

Logged Logged

Kazu Hioshi claimed the Meido Zangetsuha of Sesshomaru at the Claim Game at Dokuga!

(Yes, I am quite aware of the fact that that sounds weird, but apostrophes turn into giant walls of slashes, and that cannot be permitted XD)

Who was your hero today?
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 216
SHIKON PINKISH LILIACY ICY BLUE-GREY MUDDY BROWN....

usually i go with blue.

wait...

I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS THREAD!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/05/06 18:13 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 29
I go with neither.
From the start I went with grey eyes. I guess I couldn't make up my mind, and I thought blue was too different, but brown was not the right color either...so I went with a mix, but that's me...

Logged Logged

Sophie
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Blue Vs Brown 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
I like Kagome with blue eyes because that make her diffrent from Kikyou, but if I came on the story where she has brown eyes that makes me no diffrence. I just like when she has some color- perhaps it's because I have grey eyes myself and I'm not very happy with that. It's annoying when people can't name that color, but perhaps I just have them too dark. Light grey would look nice too.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.