Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
HURRICANE IRMA!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: HURRICANE IRMA!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Posting this as in information-type warning thing.

Any of our members in Florida or the Caribbean Islands, please make or finish all your preparations ASAP!! Watch the news & weather, since the track of this storm is still very unpredictable. This is now a CATEGORY 5 hurricane-the most dangerous there is-and is definitely going to affect Florida, if not the Eastern Seaboard.

STAY SAFE & let us know how you're doing, 'k?

~~Wiccan~~
PS - getting reports of stores all over FL running out of supplies & gas - they still have a day or two to restock, but I'd be sure I had everything I needed NOW, or get ready to bug out.

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 171
Yeah yeah. I just heard on the news that they issued a mandatory evacuation for tourists. I imagine it's a very real possibility it will soon apply to residents as well. Please be careful you guys.

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 52
Yeah, all of the Publix's and Gas Stations are all out of water, gas is starting to run dry as well. We're inland and on high terrain so we're probably going to dig in and prepare for potential utilities loss for a few days. Only way we'll book it is if it comes into the Tampa area as a strong Cat 4/Cat 5.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Walter205 wrote:
Yeah, all of the Publix's and Gas Stations are all out of water, gas is starting to run dry as well. We're inland and on high terrain so we're probably going to dig in and prepare for potential utilities loss for a few days. Only way we'll book it is if it comes into the Tampa area as a strong Cat 4/Cat 5.

I've been seeing stories about people fighting in the panhandle over gas and places gouging the price of water. I will cross fingers and all sorts of other appendages that you folks end up on the easy side of this monster! STAY SAFE, 'k?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 76
On a side note, North Carolina and Georgia will both be in a state of emergency as of tomorrow morning due to Irma. Not sure why NC is, Georgia I kinda get since it looks like it's going to grind the coast.

Either way, stay warm, stay dry, and keep the hot chocolate pouring.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Knight of Disorder wrote:
On a side note, North Carolina and Georgia will both be in a state of emergency as of tomorrow morning due to Irma. Not sure why NC is, Georgia I kinda get since it looks like it's going to grind the coast.

Either way, stay warm, stay dry, and keep the hot chocolate pouring.

I think they envision a Matthew-type scenario, where it slimes its way up the coast and affects everyone from GA to NC and maybe beyond. I know several people that are already bugging out from Savannah and Hilton Head (and I would too with what they might get), so I believe that's what the general consensus is. STAY SAFE & let us know how you're doing, 'k? We tend to be a little proprietary about our authors & want them to be safe, comfy and in writing mode!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 91
Stay safe, y'all. When they say evacuate, do it! They are overstating nothing with this one. It's plenty nasty.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 76
WiccanMethuselah wrote:

I think they envision a Matthew-type scenario, where it slimes its way up the coast and affects everyone from GA to NC and maybe beyond. I know several people that are already bugging out from Savannah and Hilton Head (and I would too with what they might get), so I believe that's what the general consensus is. STAY SAFE & let us know how you're doing, 'k? We tend to be a little proprietary about our authors & want them to be safe, comfy and in writing mode!!

~~me~~

We're hanging around for now, unless we hear something more in the next couple days we're going to try and ride it out. If I seems like it's going to get to bad we'll be bugging out as well. If it was just the wife and me, it wouldn't be a big deal. Got the mini-me to think about now though.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/09/06 21:49 By Knight of Disorder.

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Farein the Red Twilight wrote:
I am also in Savannah Georgia. It is pretty hectic here. They do fear it being like Matthew. Almost most of the gas stations in town are now out of gas. With them projecting that the storm may run over the city. I work in a mental health facility so I will be leaving with my patients.

Oh, SAVANNAH... what a gorgeous city, terrific history, awesome food, and so very vulnerable. I absolutely love Savannah & am hoping that this monster misses both it and Hilton Head. Please be careful, stay safe & we will be sending the utmost positive thoughts and vibes your way!! Let us know how you're doing, 'k?

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Farein
Pup
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
I am also in Savannah Georgia. It is pretty hectic here. They do fear it being like Matthew. Almost most of the gas stations in town are now out of gas. With them projecting that the storm may run over the city. I work in a mental health facility so I will be leaving with my patients.

Logged Logged

Say whaaaaaa?!
Farein
Pup
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
Thank you! Many of the residence here are not thinking very much of the storm, Matthew did do extensive damage to downtown(Where I live.) due to the trees. I am but a 10 minute walk from River street and Forsyth Park. I will be keeping you updated on the state of things. <3

Logged Logged

Say whaaaaaa?!
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 59
As a fellow hurricane survivor (I'm over in Hawaii), I am praying for this hurricane to pull a 180 into open ocean!!! I know, I know, silly, unlikely, but one can dream, right?

Florida, Georgia, NC Dokugans, you've got a little bit of time to strongly consider a Hawaiian vacation. I've got a guest room! The password is: SessKag

All humor aside, for all of you in Mother Nature's path, stay safe and please stay connected and update us, when possible. We may be an online community, but we do worry. I'm constantly praying for a miracle.

Logged Logged
Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Irma is finishing up an eyewall replacement cycle now, winds are down to 150 but she'll probably re-strengthen. Hurricane force winds now extend out 70 miles from the center and tropical storm force winds 185 miles out from the center, which the eye is now 40 miles wide instead of 30 miles wide.

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
We just got power back yesterday evening, almost five days after we lost it. Suffered some roof damage but it was insured. No injuries around us. Still getting everything back to normal.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Walter205 wrote:
We just got power back yesterday evening, almost five days after we lost it. Suffered some roof damage but it was insured. No injuries around us. Still getting everything back to normal.

Thanks for letting us know, Walter!! Glad you came through safe & sound, and with little damage! Unfortunately, MomoDesu lost part of her roof and, at last check, still didn't have her power back.

Anyone else want to let us know how it's going???

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 52
Irma Recovery Update: Finally got our vegetative debris picked up about three days ago as the small outfit hired by the huge county finally got up to our neck of the woods. As it turns out we'll be having our entire roof replaced, which would be the third time (other two times being the no-name storm of '93 and the three hurricanes in '04). On the bright side we'll be going from shingles to a tin roof.

Have you heard any recent updates from MomoDesu?

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:HURRICANE IRMA! 6 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 277
Hi Walter!

Momo is doing well, after having a little boy prematurely just before Irma hit. They lost a large tree, it wrecked part of their roof & FEMA isn't giving them enough to repair the rest of the roof, which isn't in such hot shape after having a hurricane roar through.

Still, they've made temporary repairs, she & her sweet boy are doing fine, and much is good in Momo's world!! I'll be sure to let her know you asked!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.