Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Dokuga forever?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Dokuga forever?
AmaranthJade
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
So I'm and old school KagSess fan like back when A Single Spark was around. RL has kept me away for a while but I always always find my way back to favorite couples no matter how long it takes!

I know this is probably dumb but since I've been visiting Dokuga again,I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. It's got me wondering if anyone(besides me) is worried about Dokuga going away completely because the fandom for Inuyasha isn't there any more. Wondering what you'll think?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Reiyn Isa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Ohh yeah...I always feel scared that the sess/kag fandom would die..you see the sess/kag fandom isn't as famous as the other pairings..I'm just grateful that everyday I could open this website without getting an error that it is down permanently..

Also welcome back! I don't know who you are though but that doesn't mean I can't welcome you right? XD

Logged Logged
AmaranthJade
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
Thanks its nice to know I'm not alone and your right they are not the most popular pairing but it funny because in my mind they're the ONLY pairing. Thanks for the welcome! I was never really social on Dokuga before. In fact the only reason I ended up finally registering as a member was because I couldn't read a fanfic without doing so.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/12/17 01:36 By jadas.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
Huh. I've always thought SessKag is a wildly popular pairing. I mean it's not even canon and yet there are more fics written about them than about some of the canon pairings of Inuyasha.

As long as I remember (and I've been in this fandom for 10 years) we've even had our very own website! How many other non-canon pairings can say the same?

A quick look at the fics on AO3 for example says there are 498 fics about Inuyasha and Kagome. SessKag is second with 444 fics which is not at all far behind InuKag and a considerable leap from the third most popular relationship, Miroku and Sango who have 230 fics about them.

I've seen InuKag fans on Tumblr marvel and comment on how popular SessKag is.

As for worrying about Dokuga, there was another thread a while back where someone expressed their concerns. Here is what Wiccan replied.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/12/17 05:55 By Chie.
Reiyn Isa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
OH THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY! ooohhh ohh
*hugs chie* mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm <3

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Thank you, Chie, for being so quick to link to my previous statement... I do not get moving early enough to allay fears quite so quickly, LOL!

Again, though, for others who read this thread: Dokuga will be here either: 1. As long as I'm alive (or even longer)... or 2. As long as the members contribute when we have fundraising drives.

As a note, our last fundraising drive, which was held last year, gave us enough to keep the site hosted for OVER a year. I still have 3 months' worth left in the account. At $234 per month, that should give you a pretty good idea of how well our members did in supporting us! I'm waiting until after the holiday season (since I can) to issue another call for funding... and I have no doubt that our members will support us just as they always have. Dokuga's members ROCK!!!!!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
No problem, Wiccan, happy to help. ^_^

*hugs Mizah back* There there <3

Logged Logged
mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 21
I'm so happy to have stumbled onto this topic because I felt worried about Dokuga too (though I think its still going strong, along with the pairing and the fandom really, Inuyasha is still super popular to write about on fanfiction . net)
Dokuga such a wonderful website that feels so relaxed and welcoming, I'd hate to ever lose it. ^^ Gahh I dont have a job yet but hopefully in January I will so that I can contribute something

Logged Logged
Omyouji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
I've had the same fears! I've followed Sess/Kag since I was une bebe, but never knew about Dokuga until this year! I love the site and love that there's a central place for sesskag lovers alike to come together and gush!! That said, I think we have amazing moderators here that care so much about keeping the site up, I'm confident we're not going anywhere! Wiccan, I'm ready for the fundraiser!

On a side note, I find that Sesskag is actually really popular! It's just that a lot of us are lurkers more than we are posters (LOL). Almost all of my RL friends are sesskag fans that had no idea this community existed until i showed it to them!

Logged Logged

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
I was thinking of this not long ago too, how sad it would be to wake up to everything gone....
Thank you our admins for being there and keeping things together for us. I'll make sure to support this year now that I started making some money.

Let's hope we all stay Sesskag spirited, imaginative, inspired and productive for many more years to come!

Happy holidays to every one! <3

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
AmaranthJade
Pup
graphgraph
Thank you so much for posting the comment from Wiccan I am so happy to know that all you ladies are still out there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE kagSess and I do want Dokuga to be forever !!

Logged Logged
AmaranthJade
Pup
graphgraph
I'm Soooooooo ready for fundraiser I can actually contribute now since I'm no longer a lurky teenager with no money and a massive obsession with KagSess, I'm now an old lady ,dokuga member who has money to spend on her favorite things !!!! I thank you all for your comments I feel reassured that we will love Dokuga and support forget ! Expect to see more of me since I miss this community so much!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/12/18 01:07 By jadas.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 76
I lurk a lot, and post when the plunnies wake up. There is not a day I check up on the site that doesn't have at least two or three newly posted stories and and ton others with updates. All things considered, I don't think Dokuga will ever die. There will still be fiction written about it when it's considered a classical TV show.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
marianne
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
i hope dokuga never dies! i check the site every day though i havent been reading sesskag fanfics like i used to lately, but i know i always end up going back to my inuyasha and sesskag obsession. i would hate if it all went away, so many memories.

and yeahh sesskag is really popular specially considering it's a totally fanon pairing. though i still think inukag is more popular but thats to be expected

Logged Logged
Kyndred Raven
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Dokuga forever? 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22
I've just returned after a several year hiatus to find that this site is still pretty active. It was a very pleasant surprise and it's inspired me to edit/rewrite and continue my fanfiction ^_^

Logged Logged

AmaranthJade
Pup
graphgraph
I feel the same way I'm actually in the process of writing my 1st fic,because I was inspired by how dedicated the Admins and Mods have been in keeping Dokuga going. Welcome back Restless Quill!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.