Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Banners
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Banners
Misaki
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Banners 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 6
Stupid question but how do you make banners? Also what sites or programs do you use? Thanks, I really want to be able to make a banner but i'm not sure how to go about doing it.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 38
If you're on windows your best tool is always going to be an Adobe Program. I use Photoshop for all my design stuff on my windows computer. Gimp is free and also useable on windows but I don't like it as much... it feels clunky to me. The Adobe programs are torrentable. I don't think I can give you links or anything (it might be a site rule) but you can definitely get the latest and greatest via torrent.

If you're a Linux User:

Using my linux based virtuals there are art distros that come jam-packed with art programs like the OpenArtist Distro which is really cool. Elive is wonderful too~ If you don't know how to run a virtual or don't link linux then disregard ^-^; but I did want to put that out there for any linux users

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/05/04 16:32 By Kagome Yuki Niwa.

Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 95
To be honest, I just use microsoft word to build the banner together and then use the paint app on every window program computer. If you see the banners I've made on the forum game "banner shop" that is the result of the two programs I use.

Logged Logged

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 57
GIMP is ok, but you do need experience in Photoshop to make use of it. It is kinda clunky, lacks some of the PS features like proper zooming or grouping layers, and stuff, as well as layer properties with the slide-bar for layer effects.

It's OK for a generic app. I use it mostly for sketching and or digital inking now. It's easier to use than the freeware programs like SAI, Pixia, and Sketchbook. You can resize more easily.

The others are too clunky for me.

One of the better apps I'd rec for banner making is probably Inkscape, although it is a vector program, that allows you to use shape dynamics, not unlike Microsoft Visio, although Visio is more specific.

Inkscape is a good substitute though for basic shape-stuff, but takes a bit of learning to use.

Be careful if you torrent Photoshop in any version.

It's a commercial app that requires a license to use.

Check your local and national laws before downloading. If your ISP is monitoring for stuff like this, i.e. monitoring your net usage, you can potentially get caught, fined, and or face court charges.

Also you could be downloading viruses masquerading as legit software.

Happens on torrent and P2P downloading sites all the time.

It's at your own risk.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Misaki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
So after you make a banner in Microsoft paint and Microsoft word, how do you get it onto your profile? I tried to copy and paste the picture but it wont show up. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Logged Logged

Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 95
You save it on microsoft paint and upload the file to a photo upload site and then copy the link to your profile picture. That is how it is done through dokuga. I think you can upload the picture to your deviant through 'submit'.

Logged Logged

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
Sesshomaru's Secret Admirer wrote:
You save it on microsoft paint and upload the file to a photo upload site and then copy the link to your profile picture. That is how it is done through dokuga. I think you can upload the picture to your deviant through 'submit'.

That's the long version, to hotlink a image from another site, or you can follow Hairann's tute here: Posting Banners in your Profile

I did a long-winded version using the IMG BB board tags if you want to link an image from like Photobucket. That's here: Hotlinking Banner Images from Photobucket

Either or will get the same result.

~ Pyre

P.S: Hairann's one is easier though.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/05/09 21:05 By Pyre. Reason: spelling
Misaki
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 6
How do you put a picture in your forum?

Logged Logged

Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Banners 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 95
1. Click on the banner and copy the link
2. The code used is: [IMG] the link [slashIMG]
There is no space in between and the slash looks like this "/"
3. You can use the code [center] at the beginning and end with a [slashcenter] in order to have your banner positioned to the middle.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.