Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
So... weird situation for me.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: So... weird situation for me.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
So... weird situation for me. 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 76
I find myself in a situation I don't really know how to navigate. Without going into too much detail, I find myself in the early stages of a relationship with a girl I've known for years but only recently got back in touch with. She was one of my best friends in school and still holds that spot as I don't tend to have many friends.

Onto why I'm kinda lost in this situation, she's been separated from her husband for two years and is just now working towards finalizing the divorce. It's going to be a battle, and she has a kid with him. These things, while irksome don't really bother me. What's getting me is I'm not sure how to act in these situations. I'm being myself, someone she knows well, I haven't changed much since high school. It just feels... different... when I'm talking to her.

Any advice from the mostly female population? Any would be welcome.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:So... weird situation for me. 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
Well, if you've been friends before, and now you're interested in her in another fashion, it would feel different when you're talking to her. If she's giving off signals like a more personal relationship would be welcome, go for it. If she's not at that point yet, then keep being your normal self... or the one closest to the one she remembers. We all change with time, so she'll probably be cool with that.

Take your time, test the waters, and see where things go. Slight nudges are okay, but pushing for anything at a time when she's facing a battle like this would be a bad idea, methinks. Just be a friends for now, help her get through it and try to relax into the situation.

This is through the benefit of 60 years on this planet, m'dear... hopefully younger people might have other takes on it!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

kB
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:So... weird situation for me. 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
Hmm yes a troublesome spot to be in. It might be best to be straight with her. Most women prefer men to be honest with them. However be understanding that she might not be at the same place you are. Divorces are a nasty business and depending on how its going she might need to focus her energy on that for the time being.

If she is where you are at, keep in mind that you will probably be the person she complains about her ex husband to. Women vent their honest feelings with the person they feel closest to. However, no matter what she says dont ever repeat anything to her child. When my parents were divorcing my dads girlfriend talked crap about my mom to me. I hated her after that and rejoiced when my dad dumped her.

I hope everything works out though! These arent easy waters to wade through but I believe honesty would be the best policy. (Too cheesy?)

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:So... weird situation for me. 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 76
Pride bows to experience in this one. Thanks for taking the time to stop in and respond. Gonna have to just play it by ear and be dependable again, damn that's a lot of work.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.