Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 62
I want to know if there is any iota of truth to statement below. I absolutely must know.....lol

"Not in the anime/manga. Rumiko Takahashi had said in an interview that although it wouldn't be finished past 6 months (he did a special release in 2013) That the relationship would certainly grow into that of love for Sesshomaru. Rin already loves him. It was left at the end of the Anime with her staying in the village to experience human life for a while. Until she was mature enough to decide to follow Sessy. Which we all got the meaning behind that."

I was going to dispute it, but then I thought about it. I am in doubt, but I figured one of you would know for certain.

Edit: I want to know if I can denounce this as false, but it won't change my pairing preference. I personally can't see it happening, obviously didn't happen in the manga/anime, and this is good enough for me, lol. No offense is intended for any Sess/Rin shippers here.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/12 04:53 By silentsoliloquy82.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Reiyn Isa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
i dont know but the whole idea makes my head scream out "pedophile love"

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 57
I have no idea. XD. I don't pay much attention out of the Sess x Kags fanfiction floating around.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 17
I have no idea, but I really doubt it. It sounds like one of the more rabid shippers who try to justify the pairing as canon at any means. And since they said at the end of the anime, rather than the manga, I highly doubt it.

Sigh, sometimes I'm ashamed of the pairings I enjoy simply because of the people who share that enjoyment.

Logged Logged

Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 59
I admit that, prior to falling head over heels with S/K fics, I did read a lot of S/R pairing stories. However, I could never get over the incest icky feeling of them. The character of Sesshoumaru that I envision is a "man" that upholds a strong code of honor. Combine that with the fact that dogs are pack animals that maintain a pack hierarchy, I, personally, would find it highly improbable that his feelings would shift from fatherly (however distant it seemed) to romantic. Perhaps if Rin had been older when joining his group . . . ehhh, maybe. But considering she was such a young child when she was saved by Sesshoumaru, I just find any relationship between them beyond familial/friendship plain creepy. However, that's the beauty of stories . . . each person can form their own opinion or visualization.

Logged Logged
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 62
Rin-Ling wrote:
I have no idea, but I really doubt it. It sounds like one of the more rabid shippers who try to justify the pairing as canon at any means. And since they said at the end of the anime, rather than the manga, I highly doubt it.

Sigh, sometimes I'm ashamed of the pairings I enjoy simply because of the people who share that enjoyment.

There is no need to be ashamed, lol. I just noticed they mistakenly referred to Takahashi-sensei as a male. O_o

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/12 07:13 By silentsoliloquy82.
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Emiko wrote:
I admit that, prior to falling head over heels with S/K fics, I did read a lot of S/R pairing stories. However, I could never get over the incest icky feeling of them. The character of Sesshoumaru that I envision is a "man" that upholds a strong code of honor. Combine that with the fact that dogs are pack animals that maintain a pack hierarchy, I, personally, would find it highly improbable that his feelings would shift from fatherly (however distant it seemed) to romantic. Perhaps if Rin had been older when joining his group . . . ehhh, maybe. But considering she was such a young child when she was saved by Sesshoumaru, I just find any relationship between them beyond familial/friendship plain creepy. However, that's the beauty of stories . . . each person can form their own opinion or visualization.

Same here, Emiko.

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 17
silentsoliloquy82 wrote:
Rin-Ling wrote:

There is no need to be ashamed, lol. I just noticed they mistakenly referred to Takahashi-sensei as a male. O_o

Yeah, I noticed that too. I really doubt that's true. Seems to stupid to be anywhere near true, and I've never heard it so meh. Whatever, ship what you want, it really doesn't matter whether it's canon or not. SessKago isn't canon yet it's the most popular pairing in the fandom so does it really matter?

Logged Logged

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 156
I don't know if Takahashi has really said that in an interview, but at least when browsing fanart and what have you, it's quite clear that SessRin does have a big following in Japan. Personally, I think the Japanese consider SessRin canon. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but it is what I've come to believe.

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 37
I'm afraid to admit this to you guys, but at the end of the manga it was mentioned that Rin would live in the human village with Kaede and friends until she was old enough to decide what she wanted. Aaargh!!

Takashi left that statement wide open for interpretation. On a side note though Sessh really cares for that child, and I can't see Rin walking away when she is grown if she wants to be with him. Didn't see the interview so I have no comment there. Not a favourite pair of mine, can't see them together, Rin will always be that sweet little girl in my mind. Sess/Kag all the way.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/12 13:10 By moonlight silk.
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Moonlight Silk wrote:
I'm afraid to admit this to you guys, but at the end of the manga it was mentioned that Rin would live in the human village with Kaede and friends until she was old enough to decide what she wanted. Aaargh!!

I am aware of that, Moonlight. I just wanted to know if the interview part was true.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/12 08:59 By silentsoliloquy82.
Reiyn Isa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
"growing up to figure out what she wanted" doesnt always mean *yay im going to marry lord-sesshomaru!!!*

Growing up could mean alot of things.

Maybe we were just too sensitive?

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
Just remember that, if Takahashi-sama didn't do it in the anime or manga, it isn't REALLY canon. We can speculate endlessly on her motives, microscopically examine interviews, and read whatever we want into the ambiguities, but the fact remains that much was left unsaid.

In a way, though, that's a good thing. That just leaves room for ALL the possibilities, including the pairing that we're dedicated to here. Very few of the pairings are set in stone... and, frankly, I kinda prefer it that way.

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Thank you all for discussing this so calmly and without outright dissing others' 'shipping!!

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

landofthekwt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8
Harley and Dylan Acres have collected the RT Interviews here
www.furinkan.com/iycompanion/intro/index.html
Many of the early interviews have not been translated.

Logged Logged
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
No problem and I agree, Wiccan. There is no doubt in my mind he loves Rin and she returns it, Moonlight. I think he loves her like an adopted daughter and she sees him as a father figure of sorts. I have yet to meet any Inuyasha fan that doesn't adore Rin, lol.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/12 20:40 By silentsoliloquy82.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 216
Lets face it, Most if not all of us have read SR at some point, possibly when we first got started, before we read that ONE fic that just nailed us on the SK wagon.

I myself read a lot of IK, and SR before TftHotM. NuffSaid.

I think when we got started, a lot of us saw the SK ship as romantic in it's own way: hell i very much see it as a Rhett Butler/Scarlet O'hara from time to time - older mature male/young wily female. It's also a Western Hemisphere (as an overall generalization) that finds boys like Inuyasha to be a "punk" or "bad guy." In Sesshomaru most of us easily see aspects of the male we'd like to be with, thus we read and write for it.

RT is, and has always been a "jump on the band wagon" kinda author. IY followed Ranma, her own story, YYH, Sailor Moon, and DBZ in overall generalizations. (See her new manga Renne - a manga about a soulreaper ... Bleach anyone?) Worse for the story line, she didn't have a crew of people that pointed out such massive plot holes left in her works, and let's also face it, as the author she can and has the right to be VERY self serving in her own works. (Note the recent change of heart in JKRowling's HHR pairing vs HG and HR)

It is likely that RT, being born, and raised where a majority of the populous see's Inuyasha's character as ...*is searching for the right word*... popular? ... (i dunno think Justin Beiber to all his fans) ..In his habits and ways is just the Norm, while we see it as odd.

I know I've said it and thought it a million times, Kagome and Inuyasha might work for a year or so, but eventually it would get old fast. She would mature, he probably wouldnt. There's so many points as to why it just WOULDNT work, but again we're looking at it all from our prospective.

Needless to say, RT might never make anything IY related again, she might make a whole new something ten years from now. Hopefully, it's SK, and if t is SR, i hope I'm not following this stuff anymore, not only would i feel like Sess had become a pedo, but i think once again RT would be betraying her own characters.

that's my 2 cents.
-r0o

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/12 22:13 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Hm, I think it is a rumor and from what I am seeing it is. Along with wanting to know for certain myself....I don't like people claiming opinion as actual fact. *twitches* There are several people talking on that particular video like it is. I won't say anything unless I am 100% positive. I personally started with the Inuyasha/Kagome ship, but they seemed a mismatch the further I got into the series. They seem more like brother and sister to me. I read a Sesshomaru/Rin once before I knew who Rin was in the very beginning. I decided to go ahead and ask for proof of her source.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/14 02:23 By silentsoliloquy82.
landofthekwt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8
So far as I know RT has never said anything about Sesshoumaru and Rin in her translated interviews.

Many Sesshoumaru x Rin fans took heart when a drama CD called The Day After Tomorrow was included with the Inuyasha wideban sold in Japan in 2013. They thought that it proved that Sesshoumaru proposed to a thirteen year old Rin. inu-drama.tumblr.com/post/58949976307/asatte

The trouble with that theory is that drama CD's are not written by RT hence not canon.
Most of them are parodies or satire even if they are spoken by the anime voice actors.

As far RT is concerned, she has sold over 170 million copies of her works in Japan alone in the last 35 years making her one of the wealthiest women in Japan. Thank God, she wrote Inuyasha. Otherwise, the Sesshoumaru and Kagome who are the backbone of Dokuga would not exist.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 78
What an interesting thread! As for the end of the manga, I just thought Rin was meant by Sesshomaru to have a chance to re-connect with life in the human world, so she could decide if she wanted to live that life. Remember that really touching episode of the anime where Sesshy was bittersweet sad, realizing that Rin was mortal, and couldn't remain a happy child, wandering with him forever? One of the main elements of Lord Sesshomaru's character, the one that I thought boded most well for his developing into a good "man", was that he was so dead-set on everyone living by their own "choices". He didn't want to take that responsibility for anyone. We saw that over and over with him. I think he would have wanted Rin to live for a while, in a village where she would have the positive interactions with her own kind that she missed out on when she was very young, and if she wanted to, she could become a "normal" village girl, or a priestess, or return to the perapatetic life they led together. But by giving her the chance to taste both worlds, she would have a choice. For her future, as an individual... He would want to give that to her.

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Is there any truth to this? Sess/Rin 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 37
That is a very interesting point you made Knifethrower, and I agree that Sesshomaru would have wanted Rin to experience a stable life with her kind. But it makes one wonder if Rin did grow up and choose to live the nomadic life with him. What would that accomplish, there has to be a little more to it than than. She could not remain a little girl forever, she would have matured into a woman. Would he still view her as a child? And would Rin continue to see him as her protector and father figure, or would her matured mind and body want something more? Just my thoughts on the matter.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/05/13 21:05 By moonlight silk.
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
It is. I think that is only part of it, though. I believe Rin's second death played a considerable part in his decision.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.