Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Help! 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 216
here's a weired and timy fix, but i just open up another chapter that i loaded up a while ago and paste over it. Right now i have only one chapter on FF for uploads, something i called "voodoo reload" its been on that site for like 6 months. i just copy and paste over it. It can be a hassle if you want to go bak and fix stuff but FF did make some crazy things over there.

I do know the it has to be in DOC file to save properly. your file might also be TOO big for uploading, i cant remember the exact KB spacage you can use but i know it has a limit. 0o0o and if you have over 15 chapters already loaded, you cant load anymore, you hafta chuck some before you can get more.

If possible try to get a screenshot of what its telling you.

youc an do that by pressing CTRL and PRT SCR buttons, then go into MSpaint and paste it there. They you can upload what it looks like on to photobucket or somewhere like this Imageshack so we can see what the root problem is.

I still post on FF all the time and i know a lot of peopel who hate it now doing so, but i'm still regularly over there. So i might be able to help if i can see it.

- r0o

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/09/14 02:28 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Texanlady
Whelp
graphgraph
Help! 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 27
Any computer capable people out there? I have new chapters for all of my stories and have been trying to upload them to FF.net and here a few days, but it doesn't work. Everytime I try I get an upload error message. Any help would be much appreciated. Most of my stories aren't postable on this site, but I do have new chapter for "C&C" and "The Breeder", but I can't get them up!

Please help!

Logged Logged
Inu Guardian
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Help! 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 10
I've had that happen to me as well a few times, and I've just resorted to using the old 'copy and paste' routine. It's a pain, but the only thing I can do.

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Help! 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 25
I'm a little computer savvy, so I might be able to help. First off, which site is giving you the error, or is it both? Also, what error are you getting? If I know that, I might be able to work out a solution.

Logged Logged
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Help! 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 51
Hi Texan!

Sorry to hear you're getting an error. We use an editor similar to FF.net's, and recently 'improvements' to work have made editors on several sites spaz out hardcore. The way they basically work is that they take the formatting from your word processor, strip out all the stuff that web browsers don't read, and add/edit basic tags.

Since Microsoft Word has tons of tags, and I'm not sure which one causes the problem for you, I can say that the paragraph dividers that Word automatically inserts have cause 2-3 people to encounter errors.

The easiest way to get your work posted would be to paste it into Notepad, so all the formatting is stripped, and then paste it back into our editor.

Sorry, that seems like a pain in the butt, but a lot of sites have been trying to deal with Word's ongoing issues.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Miss Kagura
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Help! 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 51
Another user just emailed me and she said she saves in Word as a .doc, and then again in HTML format, and then pastes the HTML formatted text and has no issues.

Logged Logged

Special thanks to the Dokuga Reviewer's Guild for this signature!
You're like the hot guy in the club who keeps scratching his crotch - LadyB on why she doesn't click my links

The few, the proud, the morally corrupt. - Agent Phisbon3s
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.