Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Random Fanfic Game!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Random Fanfic Game!
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Random Fanfic Game! 12 Years ago Karma: 8
I thought it might be fun, to encourage reading outside of your usual genres/authors, to try starting a game where you read a random story!

The url system on dokuga is as follows:

dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/story number/1

So to get to a random story, where I have written story number, type in a number anywhere between 1000 and 7210, as 1000 is the first story on the site, and 7210 is the most recent as I post this. You will need to have the "/1" after the number you've chosen randomly for the first chapter to appear.

Now, I know this isn't necessarily a good enough/fun point, so whatever story you get, read it for a few chapters, give it a chance, maybe even leave a review, and then post a summary here of what you understand the story to be about! I will give karma to everyone that does this, especially if you say you left a review!

Have fun and broaden your horizons!

**Edit**

At the (totally awesome) suggestion and warning of KEdakumi, YIMs need to be careful of M-rated stories, and this is really the only flaw in my little game. I don't want to exclude YIMs, because there's tons of wonderful T rated stories on this site, so please be careful as you explore!

A good way to do this would be to go to the user's profile once you have your story. There, you can check its rating before reading.

As for a random number generator, here's a good one I found: www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html

In the lower limit, enter 1000, and in the upper limit, enter 7210. When you press enter a random number will be generated for you! ^^ I just got 2164 when I tried it, so I am off to find my story!

**Edit**
I've encountered another little problem. Sometimes stories are deleted - their number still exists, but no story is there. If you encounter this like I just did, I would say either go up or down one number, or generate a new number ^^

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/16 23:55 By see03.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Random Fanfic Game! 12 Years ago Karma: 56
Sounds like fun. I like the idea. I would only be careful of the M rated stories for those not old enough. (And I always have to read the summary to avoid dark stories. Can't read those...personal preference.)

So folks may want to double check the summary before reading. Just a suggestion.

You could also add a link to a random number generator,like this one hereso people would have to read the number given them.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/06 18:11 By KEdakumi.

see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Random Fanfic Game! 12 Years ago Karma: 8
Thanks, I just edited! Does it sound better now?

Also, I didn't see your link before I posted XD So I found essentially the same thing on another site.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/06 18:18 By see03.

12345c
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Random Fanfic Game! 12 Years ago Karma: 9
Split Memories by Nishiko ( dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/5469/1 )

This is a rather sad little tale about how life can change in just a moment. Tragic, it definitely made me sniffle a little.

I did leave a review, though it wasn't anything especially profound. Just let the author know that it did indeed affect me.

Thanks for doing this! It's a great idea ^-^

Clio

Logged Logged
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
That's wonderful Clio! I'll have to check the story out myself - I love stories that can really pull a response from me.

Logged Logged

see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Consequences of a selfless act by sweetest angel (www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/2165/1)

Aside from the grammatical errors (which I normally have difficulty tolerating), this is a very interesting story. Kagome is wandering through the forest when she comes across Sesshoumaru, who is acting strange. Worried, after some debate she follows him, and ends up doing something she never thought she'd have to in order to help him.

This story is actually still updating, and is up to chapter 9. It is, however, rated MA (though nothing mature has happened yet), so no YIMs!

Logged Logged

laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Random Fanfic Game! 12 Years ago Karma: 11
"Himitsu" by Aimee Blue, rated T www.dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3365/1

A lovely little story told in snippets, that I'd actually read through previously. And now reviewed (with apologies to the author for not doing so earlier).

An AU fic of friendship, courtship, and oneupmanship.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/18 19:30 By laenfante.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Random Fanfic Game! 12 Years ago Karma: 24
This is actually a great idea. I'm reading fics that I probably wouldn't be reading otherwise.

I got;

The Almost Party Crashers by Ruriame (dokuga.com/fanfiction/story/3886/1) Rated T

This was a short but sweet story and I left a review stating those exact words. Kagome and Sesshoumaru clash during wedding preparations for Sango and Miroku. Sesshoumaru is the perfect chef who must have the EXACT ingredients, down to the size, brand, and type - and it drives Kagome absolutely crazy since she's short on time and can't find what he's looking for. Lots of bantering!

Logged Logged

see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Sounds interesting! I'll definitely check it out myself!

Logged Logged

insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Random Fanfic Game! 12 Years ago Karma: 95
After several failed attempts I finally got one.

Avadrea's Naughty Random Evilness by Avadrea

Rated MA so no YIM'S

Is a drabble collection, all are good. Very humorous.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
see03
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Awesome! Also, karma is coming once my 6 hour limit is up XD

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.