Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
sitting inuyasha to much
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: sitting inuyasha to much
angel224
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
i know its funny when inuyasha gets sit put sometimes in fan fic its to much

Logged Logged

kag/sess rule!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 78
In fanfic and in the anime! The sitting thing bothers me A LOT. I WANT to like and respect Kagome, but the sitting thing sours me on her. I like to think of a maturing Kagome who has some regrets, biggest among them the sitting.

Logged Logged
Tsuki Ai
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
It is a bit much. I understand when it's to help him like when he's a demon or an enemy is about to attack him and it saves him or he's about to attack you (which is what they're for), but to do it just because you disagree or feel disrespected is wrong. Even being a teenager, she should know that. She doesn't walk around abusing Hojo because he won't take her rejection to dates...

Ps. I think this is in the wrong section...just a note...

Logged Logged

mle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
You guys are right, using the sitting as a means for Kagome to vent her frustration or displeasure on Inuyasha is overused in many cases and I must admit I've stopped reading stories when all she does is blast him to the center of the earth over and over. And yes as a 15+ yr old girl, she should know better than to hurt someone simply because they've ticked her off- she doesn't haul off and clobber anyone else, like her troublesome school friends or grandfather, when they cross the line.

I always took the sittings as a reflection of her immaturity.Fifteen is still very young and it's demonstrated through the sittings, the stilted juvenile "I love him, does he love me?" crap she constantly battles with, and her short fuse (very similar to Inuyasha's, I might add.)

Hm... Then again, maybe it's a Freudian thing. She can't handle her budding desires so she reacts violently in order to hide them.

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 66
It drives me insane when Inuyasha gets 'sat' like some unruly dog. Seriously, it get ridiculous when it's a cliche fic where at a certain point in the story he asks Kagome for forgiveness for treating her wrong. I can only imagine that it's really painful, especially for the nose. I'm surprised his nose has never been broken as a result. A true friend would never 'sit' a friend even when that friend is in the wrong.

Inuyasha's a hanyou with feelings, not some unruly pet that needs to be disciplined all the time.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 39
I think I only ever had Kagome sit Inuyasha once, and it was a very serious thing. It was canon, post Kikyou's 'final' death, and Inu had slipped up and in going after Shippo accidentally injured Kags. And it wasn't even that that caused her to do it, but that there was something in that moment that made her view how Inu treated her in comparison to how he treated Kikyou and it made her, for just that moment, kind of snap; she's even surprised and shocked at herself for doing it almost immediately after the fact.

I'm glad to say I haven't read many fanfics were there was a lot of sitting. I think, though, that might be that I don't actually read fanfictions much (no, that's not like a snob thing or an elitist thing, I just know that if I get caught up reading other people's writting I will stop working on my own, so I only really read fanfics back before I started writing) but when I did, it was mainly SK fics that didn't have an incredible amount of interaction between Kags and Inu, or had no interaction between them at all.

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha too much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 55
ha, i agree. Over-sitting kinda kills the joke a bit.
Though I use it no problem, but I think the most I have is actually Sesshoumaru doing it, and of course HE does it all the time.
I think the whole 'sitting thing' was HILARIOUS when I first saw it in the anime; she sees dog ears, she 'sits' him. It evolved to more of a strange, violent bond between them though. It is immature for her to overuse it... but she IS 15, and we see that she tries taking to him and tries to be calm a lot. Inu is a caring, sensitive guy (underneath), but gruff and emotionally stinted. No wonder those two bond so well, they both act like teenagers. It's like a childish love game.
I think this is why we see a lot of fanfics where Kagome 'grows' throughout or she is older when Sesshoumaru and her get together; he's the adult and Inuyasha is the adolescent.
So, yeah, over-sitting gets tiring to read, but to an extent oswuarii's are part of who Kagome and Inuyasha are.

Logged Logged

mle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Man, you guys make me feel like a big meanie!

I was always the type of girl that would pick on the guy I liked. In fact, the more I liked him the meaner I was and that included my guy friends. In fact, my poor husband is ruthlessly tormented.

That doesn't mean I condone random acts of violence, nor am I saying it's appropriate, especially if you're trying to convey Kagome has matured. It just seems to me, it's apart of the "Inuyasha world". ALL of the likable characters are nasty to another character for some reason or other due to some conflict of personality (barring Rin and Kikyo.) Myoga can't get a word out without being squashed. Hachi gets pummeled by 'Master Miroku'. Inuyasha thumps on Shippo and Miroku. Poor Rin is verbally assaulted by Jaken. Jaken, foolish as he is, gets walloped daily by Lord Sesshomaru. Inuyasha gets sat by Kagome, whacked in the head by Miroku, bitten by Shippo, his butt kicked from Sesshomaru, thumped on by Koga, even Totosai clobbers the poor guy!

Eh... I really sound like a member of the 'Sit Inuyasha Party' and that's not what I mean. Sitting him is a part of the story but like anything it can be abused and in some cases it is.

Logged Logged
mle
Pup
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha too much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
cakeiton wrote: So, yeah, over-sitting gets tiring to read, but to an extent oswuarii's are part of who Kagome and Inuyasha are.[/quote]

Cakeiton hit the nail on the head! (And said it SO much better than I did)

Logged Logged
Tsuki Ai
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha too much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4
I understand what you guys are saying and mle, I'm the same way with guys.

To me though, the issue with her sittings becomes an issue in the abuse of the power. The beads were created to protect her from Inuyasha attacking her when they started their journey. I can understand keeping them, especially since his demon blood began taking over, but to use them not for their original intended purpose becomes simply abusing the power she has over him to get her way. It's not unlike some children throwing a tantrum in the store until their parent gets them what they want and she should at least be past that stage and understand she can't have everything she wants.

Also, in some stories, the author has her sit him many times in a row just because he won't let her go bathe or something trivial. I understand and agree that it's part of their relationship and shows that she's still immature, but at a certain point, she has to realize that it hurts him a lot. Even in the manga and anime, she sometimes abuses her "power" over him. She tries to talk to him and most of the time he's being extremely stubborn, but again, she doesn't do the same to Hojo when she tries to reject him and he's being stubborn. It's like she's mature enough to not do that in her time or to someone that can hit her back (though he probably wouldn't and would be arrested if he did, nor do I condone forms of abuse in any way, shape or form), but in the feudal era, she feels like it's okay because it's a simpler, more violent and he can't really attack her because she can just sit him again.

Sorry if I sound preachy or anything; it's just that it gets annoying sometimes and I've started to skip stories that has her sitting him for a trivial reason.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/08/09 15:40 By Tsuki Ai.

Sandreline Moon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:sitting inuyasha to much 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
MLE, you have a very good point. I, as well, have stopped reading fanfics that are very immature, and as such every other line is, "Sit, boy!" or "Osuwari!" Yes, InuYasha can get annoying or be brash and stupid sometimes; however, he is still a demon and in real life, I don't think he would take to kindly to how some of the fics about him are written...

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.