Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru!
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 10 Years ago Karma: 2
Oh yes! I agree 200...300...400...500X! would be nice if we know who he was. but might it be girl? anyway, i love his eyes! definitely sesshy's eyes!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 10 Years ago Karma: 62
Gackt has never really appealed to me either. Gackt and Andre's builds are far too slender to be Sesshomaru in my opinion. Maybe it is me, but their faces appear too 'feminine' to be his, too. I hope I am not offending anyone by my viewpoint.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/23 16:42 By silentsoliloquy82.
i have to grudgingly agree. its is hard to find anyone to be the perfect sesshy. the latest pic is FANTASTIC, the best one but...and there's a but there...hahahaha....that the cosplayer COULD be a female. *BIG SIGH*

and then sesshy would smirk and say "my perfection could not be duplicated." and then he'll flick his hair and walk away. LOL!

Logged Logged
KittenBlue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 10 Years ago Karma: 3
that last pic is pretty old, I saw it several years back and remember doing a small art study on it on my own. MOST of it is done with make up--using it to create illusions of a differently sculpted nose etc. however there is some evidence of photoshopping, though it has been very well done(not to burst anyone's bubble!) it's minor things such as lighting and adding the crescent moon. it was still a remarkable cosplay, either way, and the professionally done photoshopping, make up, costume, and photography makes it even better.

Gackt would be a wonderful Sesshoumaru as well, as the face is pretty close to what it would need to be. Sesshoumaru, if you pay attention to the manga, has a baby face(le gasp, I said it) though I prefer seeing him with the more 'manly' longer narrow face as depicted in many fanarts. However, this gives Gackt a great piece to work with to become the ultimate IRL Sesshoumaru. Those lips are a little big, but, hey, what the hell. Give Sesshoumaru some kissers! XD

Logged Logged
silentsoliloquy82
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 10 Years ago Karma: 62
I am just not seeing it, Kitten Blue, lol. You did a bring up an interesting point, though. Manga!Sesshomaru has a baby face while Anime!Sesshomaru doesn't.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/29 09:20 By silentsoliloquy82.
sorry, i'm not seeing gackt as sesshy.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 10 Years ago Karma: 277
Silver Moon Inuyoukai wrote:
sorry, i'm not seeing gackt as sesshy.

To each his own, m'dear!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Emiko, I agree. I looked and looked on the Net and this pic, by far, is the best there is. The others...ugh! Don't get me started. The makeup was fantastic! He got the badass I-will-kill-you-if-you-cross-me expression of our Sesshy. The costume was ok but wished he could have gotten a better hardware (armor & sword). His hands and the stripes look awesome!

Logged Logged
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 10 Years ago Karma: 59
I'm totally in agreement with the sword. That was my opinion, that the sword needed work. However, still one of the best Sesshoumaru cosplays I've seen.

In regards to Gackt, I LOVE Gackt SO MUCH!!! However, present Gackt may look too old now to play Sesshoumaru. His prior habit of chain smoking (supposedly he quit in like 2006) and continuing habit of drinking heavily has really done a number on his skin and face. Although, I still find him attractive. =D Past Gackt though *SQEEEEESSS!!!*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/03/30 02:53 By Smoke Goddess.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 10 Years ago Karma: 57
Totally agree. The Sesshy cosplay does look amazing, although to me the armour looks too heavy, and over-sized. I suppose that's the point but thinking on it if it was real armour as is metal it's be damn near impossible to wear comfortably.

Metal is heavy.

I wouldn't want any cosplayer to break their backs trying to don Sesshy's gear worked in real metal unless you had the muscles for it.

Ouch.

I mean even the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit stars loved their armour and bits of it was replicated in plastic but it was still very heavy dry and wet.

I can just imagine a poor bedraggled cosplayer in the rain being weighed down by metal armour, swords and all.

Ouch.

I suppose we all should be glad Sesshy wears partial armour and not the whole nine-yards head to toe.

He'd never be able to walk, run, fight, or escape being ridiculed by Inuyasha.

Sesshy = Youkai in a Can.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A guy pretty enough to be an IRL Sesshoumaru! 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
The guy from "Boy's Over Flowers" and this last one on this thread are pretty spot on (in my head anyway). I love looking at cosplay and other images of what people find the best fit for these characters. Thanks for the thread!

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.