Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What happens on the internet STAYS ON THE INTERNET
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What happens on the internet STAYS ON THE INTERNET
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What happens on the internet STAYS ON THE INTERNET 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 55
So, in a flash a whimsy, I googled an old internet handle of mine. It was the first one I had and it has been at least 13 years since I have thought about it.
I don't even remember why it came to my mind tonight.
Only one item was retrieved from my Google search... it was the first fanfic I ever wrote, back when I was 12/13 years old...
The horror...
It is in .txt format. I am not even sure the website that hosted it even exists. There were emoticons, before they were called emoticons. It is attached to an email that I used before high school. The prose, the tense, the typos...
It is X-Files based...
I groaned my way through reading it- a ridiculous grin on as well. Before the result flashed on my screen I had not even remembered writing it. With each paragraph parts of my childhood were relived, and I had to be a child the last time I had blushed that hard.

MY QUESTION TO YOU, DOKUGA, is what have you put out there, forever trapped in the series of tubes, that you didn't realize still was. Google old internet handles. Try to remember your first AIM name. What was your hotmail address when everyone had hotmail. Better yet, your aol.com. Find it, and please share.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What happens on the internet STAYS ON THE INTERNET 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 154
Well, that was as interesting exercise. Fortunately, I didn't find anything to be too embarrassed by. Since I've used my current handle for almost 20 years on various platforms I was expecting to find a lot more. The worst was probably my old Neopets account (though I'm still quite proud of some of the things I earned there ). The oldest was a forum from 2001.
What I would really love to find online are ancient copies of the first fanfics I ever beta'd - an epic Battlestar Galactica series. Hell I'd even settle for unearthing a copy printed on ye olde dot-matrix printer! If only I could look back and peek at what my best friend and I were up to!

Logged Logged
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What happens on the internet STAYS ON THE INTERNET 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 109
Since I've been using my name for almost nine years, I really couldn't find anything. I remember, way back when, my sister and I were vacationing in India and we got the Animax Channel and were part of that forum online for lack of other things to do that summer. I put up a story on that forum (I know I have it somewhere on my computer because I found it a while back) and now that I look back on it, it was too cliché and poorly written. The funniest thing is, if you look at my FF.net account, you'll find that pre 2010 most of my stories weren't well written. But that's all I could find. Nothing else.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.