Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
"The Holy Pearl"
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: "The Holy Pearl"
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:"The Holy Pearl" 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 56
It's funny you mentioned this knifethrower, I saw Rin-Rin's sig yesterday and was like "I really need to finish watching that!" I like it. Gotta finish it and the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
"The Holy Pearl" 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
So, I have read something on the internet about a Chinese television series from 2011 entitled "The Holy Pearl". Apparently, it is based on the story of InuYasha. It doesn't appear to be something you can just order off of Amazon. I bet it hasn't been dubbed in English. Too bad! I would love to see this. Anyone out there knowed up about "The Holy Pearl"?

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:"The Holy Pearl" 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 17
I've actually been watching it lately so here's the run down.

It's a Chinese Wuxia (drama) done in live action. No, it has never been officially released in the states even in subbed format but you can find it online with fansubs.

Personally, I'm loving it. It is obviously based off of Inuyasha with enough creative differences to keep it from being copyright infringing.

Pairing wise, Kagome (Ding Yao) is of course with Inuyasha (Wen Tian) in this just like the main series, there is no Miroku, an earlier/large arc of the show romantically has to revolve around Sango's character (Mu Lian) falling in love with Sesshomaru's character (Wu Dao, just look at my sig), and the final pairing for Wu Dao is actually him with a woman named Yu Die (Rin, though an of age version ). I love the romance bits in this show. I personally find, like with the rest of the show, myself more invested in the romances and characters.

As for the plot, as I've said it's changed enough to remain out of lawsuits, probably. Wu Dao is the dragon king this time. Kagome's mother is the dead one this time, and she's in college rather than middle school. No Shippo or Miroku. There are quite a few court scenes added and Naraku is king of the demon realm this time. Sango's a shaman/witch. There is a lot more to do with the gods. Kagome doesn't live on a shrine, and the object that takes her back to the past is not a well. It also takes her to the kingdom of Nan Yue which I forget what modern county it's supposedly the ancestor of. And of course, there was one this thing called the Demon Vase which was made up of twelve Holy Pearls and of course Kagome shattered it.

The show is 32 episodes, each around 45 mins. Currently I'm on episode 21, dreading the next episode though for spoiler reasons I won't share why. I like the changes they've made to the show. I like everything about it, except one thing.

Get used to terrible special effects. As in 90's special effects, maybe very, very early 2000's. That, however, is normal of any Chinese Wuxia or movie though so I'm not quite surprised.

Hope that helps!

Before anyone asks, my profile pic is an image from the show of Yu Die and Wu Dao. I'm obsessed with it right now.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/11/13 07:08 By Wunderberry.

Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
My signature reminded someone of something!

Wait, should I be proud of that?

Yes, I think so. It's a good show so why not.

Logged Logged

knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:"The Holy Pearl" 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 78
Will I have a hard time finding it online? Any tips? Thanks so much for the awesome info.

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Here is where I found it online. It's completely free to watch online and it's the best I've found online. I looked at two other sites prior to this, the first one no longer had it but it was the first one to pop on the search engine and the second had really low quality videos that didn't load properly or wouldn't go into full window mode. Also, no viruses on that site.

Logged Logged

SorrowfulKikyo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:"The Holy Pearl" 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 3
Its a great drama. I've been watching it on Viki.

www.viki.com/tv/3078c-the-holy-pearl

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Viki has been telling me that they are no longer allowed to stream it but the subs that came from Viki can be found throughout the web.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.