Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re: Kagome not being affected by time!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Re: Kagome not being affected by time!
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 37
I am writing a fic and in it I made Kagome immortal, I know its fiction and you pretty much can write whatever you like, but I remember something recently about the the Inuyasha movie called Swords of an honorable ruler, and in it I vaguely recall a conversation in it whereby they were saying that Kagome passed through the well of time and was not affected, she didn't age. So now I am thinking that making her immortal in my story may just be plausible. Does anybody else think as I do? Would love to get some feedback.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
SonofZhon
Pup
graphgraph
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
In my opinion no. I really think you are referring to the second IY movie where Kagome is said to be immune to time stopping spells. Leaving aside the matter of cannon regarding the movies, I think giving a logical explanation for why time does not affect her would be difficult.

Logged Logged
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
You maybe right but I do believe it was the movie I mentioned, it was when Totosai, Myoga and Saya the keeper of sounga were talking about the amount of time that he should have kept the sword beyond the well, and how time moved differently, and they mentioned something about Kagome not aging when she cross time. I wish I could remember the movie better.

Logged Logged
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 17
The affects of the well were never really explored so eh, who knows. Anyways, the movies aren't really the best thing to go by but whatev. However, if this is a way around the "mating mark" I'm all for it. But yeah I remember them mentioning the affects on S'ounga but I don't remember anything about Kagome. Yeah, SonofZhon's right about the second movie part.

Logged Logged

GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. XD

Ever since seeing that movie it had made me question thing that weren't really explored more in the anime/manga. Personally grabbing from the movie where time didn't effect Kagome or any objects from her time.... I think Kagome could be written as not aging in the past until she catching up to her current time in the future.

OR

Possibly going through time has effected her aging process.

Some other questions came to mind... Making a few possibilities. So... I don't see why she couldn't be written as immortal.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
OK, I am still not convinced, however, I don't have all the facts and I remember movie two even less than I remember the one I am speaking of. I agree, if she was immortal then we wouldn't have to find so much creative ways to make her live as long as our favorite Sesshomaru.

GreyEcho I was answering to the thread above you and it seems as if we both submitted our responses almost at the same time and yours came out first, and I have to agree with you because I thought those same things, the issues were never fully explored, they were left open for interpretation; and yes maybe she could have lived in the past and not aging until she caught up with the future, and her current time.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/14 02:22 By moonlight silk.
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 27
Yeah. I just know that when the spell went into place to stop time, it only effected things/people of that time. Everything stop, even the water. But since Kagome had use her bandages to patch up everyone they were still able to move and were not effected. So anything from Kagome's time was not effected by the curse.

If you want more details on the movie I can send you a message with what happened... or find a link if you like.

EDIT: HAHA. Just saw your edit. But definitely go for it!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/07/13 21:55 By lunaticneko.

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
So does anyone remember a conversation where it was mentioned in Swords of an honorable ruler that Kagome did not age when she traveled through time. I am going nuts thinking that I am the only one who may have seen and heard that in the movie.

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 76
I've always just stolen away with the fact that in almost every country there are legends of humans that live for hundreds of years because they have power... so in that event... Kagome being a very powerful priestess should be able to live a very long life. She is hinted at being one of the most powerful humans to ever exist.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 49
Moonlight Silk wrote:
So does anyone remember a conversation where it was mentioned in Swords of an honorable ruler that Kagome did not age when she traveled through time. I am going nuts thinking that I am the only one who may have seen and heard that in the movie.
I've seen the movie recently, so I actually know what you're talking about.

The conversation takes place when the Inutachi, Sesshoumaru's group, and the older youkai (Totosai, Myouga, & Saya) are sitting around a campfire. The subject of Saya's barrier/sheath comes up and is said to seal Sou'unga for about 700 years. Saya admits to only maintaining the seal for 200 years, and (I think) it was thrown into the well, thus transporting to 500 years into the future.

Shippou briefly asks why Kagome doesn't age through the portal, but no one could find a reason for it...and the matter is dropped almost immediately. Clearly, the characters don't pay attention to this as much as we do.

IMO, I can't say for certain if the whole non-aging thing makes Kagome immortal. Only Takahashi-sensei will ever know the answer to that. BUT, as long as you can come up with a somewhat plausible explanation for Kagome's immortality, it should be okay. As a fanfiction writer, you are entitled to the amount of creativity that's put into your story. And because these facts aren't stated explicitly in the manga/anime, you have more freedom to explore.

Just make sure your plot is well thought-out and convincing, and you're all set.

Logged Logged

I claimed Midoriko`s Hair in the Claim Game!

Dokuga Minions Unite! Be positive. Be proud. Show support for Dokuga!
Moonlight Silk
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Thank you, and as you said her not aging was dropped almost immediately after it was brought up. So it does leave a wide open area for creative interpretation.

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re: Kagome not being affected by time! 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
GreyEcho wrote:
Ever since seeing that movie it had made me question thing that weren't really explored more in the anime/manga. Personally grabbing from the movie where time didn't effect Kagome or any objects from her time.... I think Kagome could be written as not aging in the past until she catching up to her current time in the future.

I was thinking this when I first read the question above.

Kagome being out of her 'real time' simply pauses her aging process (which sort of also justifies why no time spells would effect her while she's in the past if that's a real comment?) It doesn't make her effectively 'immortal' as she would start to age once she'd gotten back to her last jump in the well in her own time. Then...that gives me another idea where she could catch up to her real time and keep jumping inside XD Which would make her more effectively immortal but only within a limited time stream - something that could eventually lead to a lot of other problems.

I watch too much doctor who...

Anyway, I agree with GreyEcho that the most 'logical' and not just 'magical' explanation would be that one. As far as mystical explanations go there's a limitless amount of options there.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.