Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Where the real world intersects
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Where the real world intersects
SonofZhon
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Where the real world intersects 10 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Ever considered where and how youkai or other entities might be logically fit into our world and under what conditions? What motivations they might have?

Some of you may have noticed that my most recent story Legacy of Hate has a strong undercurrent of nationalism and real world bitterness in it.

Would these various supernatural entities(SE for short) feel patriotism? What would they do during humanity's wars? What relationship do they have with national governments? What sort of religions might they embrace? What would SE's think of SE's from other countries? So on.

Anyone care to voice their thoughts?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Where the real world intersects 10 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 76
Any being that is near immortal, that could take either a human or animal form would most likely fade into the background. Perhaps even played a small role in the founding of certain nations as they are today, or had holdings in several companies which have been around for a very long time.

I say this because, they would exist beyond what we understand. Should they make an appearance and be recognized, or should someone find out, there is no telling what would actually happen. In the worst case, a government agency would take them and experiment on them. Best case, the government already knows about them and doesn't mess with them because they have such great power.

This is the same conversation I've had dozens of times about Vampires, Werewolves, and any other number of mythical or supernatural beings.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
SonofZhon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Where the real world intersects 10 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Although I don't deal with it directly, I took the view that governments at higher levels know they exist and partner with them when interests align. To prevent public panic, their existence is not disclosed but a relationship of mutual interests exists.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Where the real world intersects 10 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 57
Mutual interest, now that just rings of wealth, politics, and Sesshy with fantastic hair selling Wella Balsam products. How do we really know that half the stuff we buy came from the human mind?

Anything is possible, I mean they still have people running around today with monitoring equipment trying to catch ghosts on camera. They're either crazy or onto-something.

Me? I think that Youkai are either fantastically capable of manipulating us like puppets on a string, or so great as blending in that we don't even realise it.

For all we know to coin a Harry Potter reference, we're all magicless Muggles and the rest of the world is full of magical creatures capable of turning us into ignorant fools for thousands of years.

If that's the case than Youkai rock and we need to be paying more attention to the so called crack-pots that are out there hunting for evidence of the Lochness Monster.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Where the real world intersects 10 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 76
Not to down anyway, so it's the Rosen Kreuz Orden or the Illuminati. The idea isn't very far fetched, though in this event that I would say that the mythical creatures are a part of the US Treasury. Right now, that single part of the government controls the value of every single penny of American money world wide.

It's not a conspiracy theory. The US Treasury, in bank talk, said this themselves in a pamphlet they released a few years ago.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.