Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th
naqaashi
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 32
Many, many thanks to Lyra for making my prompt no. 10! <3 <3 <3

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s dismembered left arm in the Dokuga Claim Game.

Master Weird-Outer of Dokuga. My tool of choice? A sentient sewing machine called Lord Ew that likes to spew technicoloured handkerchiefs embellished with the stuff that nightmares and crack-fics are made of.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
DOKUGA CHAT’S DRABBLE/DRAWBLE NIGHTS

(Taken from Forthy's previous posts - Please note that Forthright has been very busy with RL lately and sends her regrets for being unable to host tonight. We will be doing a round robin host where one person gives a prompt then nominates the next person to give a prompt at the next interval and so on and so forth)

The site admins have graciously allowed me to head up one of my favorite Dokuga traditions... Drabble/Drawble Nights. These monthly events happen in Chat. Over the course of the evening, up to ten prompts will be given at half-hour intervals. Participants are encouraged to write a 100-word drabble or create a quick sketch based on the theme and then share it. When you finish your drabble, post it directly to chat (assuming the rating is appropriate for everyone); links should be provided to art posts (again, mind your ratings).

Official Drabble/Drawble Nights will generally be held on the first Saturday of every month, starting at 7:30 p.m. (Eastern). Dates and times will be confirmed here in the forums. The next scheduled Drabble/Drawble Night will be...

Saturday, April 7, 2012
7:30 P.M. (EASTERN)
6:30 (CENTRAL) - 5:30 (MOUNTAIN) - 4:30 (PACIFIC)

A few things to keep in mind:
~All posts/links in Chat need to be PG13. If your drabble/drawble exceeds a T-rating, simply let the room know that you’ve updated your story/collection/gallery.
~Each month, the ten prompts will serve as clues to the night’s theme. If you think you know the theme, send me your guesses via private chat, but don’t blurt it out to the whole room. Give everyone the chance to figure it out on their own!
~FAQ – Does the drabble have to be exactly 100 words? If you’re asking me, then yes. It does. That’s part of the challenge, after all.
~When everyone’s posting drabbles to Chat, it’s pretty hard to keep up. If you want to read all the contributions, I suggest turning off ‘scrolling’ by clicking the arrow button over the right-hand sidebar. That way you can scroll manually and read at your leisure.
~You don’t have to do all the prompts in order to earn the participant’s banner. Even if you only do one of the prompts, you participated!
~Please save and upload the participant’s banner to your own image host (like PhotoBucket).
~If you can’t make it to Chat during a Drabble/Drawble Night, you can still take part. All the prompts and the participant’s banner will be added to the forum post. If you post your drabbles during the following day, you can still claim the banner.
~Special Holiday Drabble/Drawble Nights will be held in addition to the regular monthly Drabble/Drawble Nights: Halloween, Holidays, Valentine’s Day, etc.
~There is such a thing as an Impromptu Drabble/Drawble Night (IDDN). Those crop up whenever there’s a crowd in chat. They’re unpredictable, which is part of the fun. ::twinkle:: There is also such a thing as a GM Drabble/Drawble Night. Those are hosted in the GM Chat Room, where adult content is permitted. For more information on those, you’ll need to talk to sugar0o.

Be nice. Play fair. Have fun!

~forthright

(P.S. Thank you Forthy for being so clear and organized with your rules. It makes it easy to make an announcement in a pinch if need be!!)

-Skye

PROMPTS FOR THE NIGHT

Ensorcell
Comminute
Prestidigitation
Baroque
Runestone
Perspicacity
Imprecation
Rhadamathine
Quodlibetificate
Beloved

For definitions please use an online dictionary site.

For participants and those who would like to make drabbles or drawbles out of the prompts, here is tonight's banner, thanks to Theia!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/04/08 11:17 By Priestess Skye.

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 24
Yay! I can't wait! Well... I'll TRY to be there, at least. With that being said, I would LOVE to host... but I can't. Work will definitely interfere with that. But I am sure we'll have a great host for tonight! =)

Logged Logged

Luna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11
Aww, I'm sorry I missed it! I didn't know it was going on

Logged Logged
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 696975
Thank you all for coming out last night! It was fun to see the different prompts that came up, and I know it continued after midnight

The words are listed above in the first post as well as the participation banner. Special thanks to r0o and Theia for putting it together.

Next DDN will probably be the first Saturday of May, however, I will have our DDN Mistress confirm that with you.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
The Hatter Theory
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 14
Hihi, I know Runestone was one of the official prompts (did not see it on the list given) and I know there was at least one more as an unofficial, and I would adore anyone that could provide that one and any thereafter! Thanks!

Logged Logged

I need something that will give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the vision of a shaman, the thoughts of a serial killer, and the gentleness of a hungry vampire bat.
Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7
A fantastic lot of fun! For Hat and anyone else interested, the last unofficial prompt (that I am aware of) was "Cynical Skin" from Syn...it is a song title

And now a question! I've been dedicating the new alpha chapters to the people who provided each prompt...and I have foolishly not recorded who gave out "Imprecation"! So if it is you, or you know who, please let me know and it will be much appreciated!

Logged Logged
Forsaken Tenshi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Sarhea, perhaps?

Logged Logged

Brenna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Drabble Drawble Night - April 7th 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
I gave Imprecation.....

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.