Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
February Drabble/Drawble Night
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: February Drabble/Drawble Night
forthright
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 32
DOKUGA CHAT’S DRABBLE/DRAWBLE NIGHTS

The site admins have graciously allowed me to head up one of my favorite Dokuga traditions... Drabble/Drawble Nights. These monthly events happen in Chat. Over the course of the evening, up to ten prompts will be given at half-hour intervals. Participants are encouraged to write a 100-word drabble or create a quick sketch based on the theme and then share it. When you finish your drabble, post it directly to chat (assuming the rating is appropriate for everyone); links should be provided to art posts (again, mind your ratings).

Official Drabble/Drawble Nights will generally be held on the first Saturday of every month, starting at 7:30 p.m. (Eastern). Dates and times will be confirmed here in the forums. The next scheduled Drabble/Drawble Night will be...

Saturday, February 4, 2012
7:30 P.M. (EASTERN)
6:30 (CENTRAL) - 5:30 (MOUNTAIN) - 4:30 (PACIFIC)

A few things to keep in mind:
~All posts/links in Chat need to be PG13. If your drabble/drawble exceeds a T-rating, simply let the room know that you’ve updated your story/collection/gallery.
~Each month, the ten prompts will serve as clues to the night’s theme. If you think you know the theme, send me your guesses via private chat, but don’t blurt it out to the whole room. Give everyone the chance to figure it out on their own!
~FAQ – Does the drabble have to be exactly 100 words? If you’re asking me, then yes. It does. That’s part of the challenge, after all.
~When everyone’s posting drabbles to Chat, it’s pretty hard to keep up. If you want to read all the contributions, I suggest turning off ‘scrolling’ by clicking the arrow button over the right-hand sidebar. That way you can scroll manually and read at your leisure.
~You don’t have to do all the prompts in order to earn the participant’s banner. Even if you only do one of the prompts, you participated!
~Please save and upload the participant’s banner to your own image host (like PhotoBucket).
~If you can’t make it to Chat during a Drabble/Drawble Night, you can still take part. All the prompts and the participant’s banner will be added to the forum post. If you post your drabbles during the following day, you can still claim the banner.
~Special Holiday Drabble/Drawble Nights will be held in addition to the regular monthly Drabble/Drawble Nights: Halloween, Holidays, Valentine’s Day, etc.
~There is such a thing as an Impromptu Drabble/Drawble Night (IDDN). Those crop up whenever there’s a crowd in chat. They’re unpredictable, which is part of the fun. ::twinkle:: There is also such a thing as a GM Drabble/Drawble Night. Those are hosted in the GM Chat Room, where adult content is permitted. For more information on those, you’ll need to talk to sugar0o.

Be nice. Play fair. Have fun!

~forthright

**SPECIAL REQUEST** For February, I thought it might be fun to have y'all help me choose the prompts. Think of the titles of your favorite LOVE SONGS, and PM them to me (personal message... not replies to this thread... so we can unveil them over the course of the evening), and we'll see if they can't inspire everyone during our February DDN!

POST-EVENT ADDITION:

The Ten Prompts:
~All at Once - The Fray
~The First Time Every I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
~Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
~Throw Me a Rope - KT Tunstall
~Sometimes When We Touch – Dan Hill
~Truly, Madly, Deeply – Savage Garden
~Why Don’t You Kiss Her? – Jesse McCartney
~In the Still of the Night – The Five Satins
~Take My Breath Away – Berlin
~(Everything I Do) I Do It for You – Bryan Adams

Tonight's LOVE SONGS Drabble/Drawble Night borrowed the themes from song titles. Thank you to everyone who made it difficult for me to narrow the list down to just ten! Participants were encouraged to take the prompt at face value... or to listen to the song and let the lyrics inspire. Thanks to everyone who took part! ::twinkle::

THE NEXT REGULAR DRABBLE/DRAWBLE CHAT NIGHT IS SCHEDULED
FOR 7:30 P.M. (EASTERN) ON SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2012

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/02/05 00:06 By forthright.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 24
Yay! Can't wait! I'll totally be there! Probably in and out since I'll be at the restaurant, but... I'll be there!!

Logged Logged

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 55
i won't join in til later, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
Hn...I'll try to be there >_>. Not sure if I can or not :'(

Logged Logged

phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 31
If I ever make it outta the laundrymat and back to my computer (posting via Droid), I'll try to make it to ddn tonight. Lol

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/02/05 10:03 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Thanks for hosting such a fun DDN, forthy! I really enjoyed this particular DDN and think that we should do music prompts more often in the future! <3

Logged Logged

insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 95
Thank you for hosting forthy! This was my very first DDN and I had so much fun. Hopefully next time I'll be able to stay for the whole thing.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Ejunkie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
>m< I have got to get better at catching these! x'D I'll be playing catch-up alongside my seminar prep, look out for it! >u<

Logged Logged

Brenna
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 5
This DDN was so much fun the prompts were great XD and gave me an interesting playlist for the night lol

Logged Logged
Terri-tots
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
Just because it is ever-so-appropriate...

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
****IMPORTANT NOTICE****

As a result of last night's DDN, I seem to have a LOT of stories that have no disclaimers for the songs used in those stories, whether for the titles or use of certain lyrics!!!

NO ONE who has posted so far seems to have used a disclaimer!

Remember, attribution or a disclaimer is a sentence that says that you don't own the rights to said material, whether the title or lyrics and may include the information that you are not profiting from the use of the title and/or lyrics.

Right now, I have a list of TEN authors that have posted since last night. Please, PLEASE put disclaimers in your chapters that are using the song titles and/or lyrics!

Pretty Please??

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
****IMPORTANT NOTICE****

As a result of last night's DDN, I seem to have a LOT of stories that have no disclaimers for the songs used in those stories, whether for the titles or use of certain lyrics!!!

NO ONE who has posted so far seems to have used a disclaimer!

Remember, attribution or a disclaimer is a sentence that says that you don't own the rights to said material, whether the title or lyrics and may include the information that you are not profiting from the use of the title and/or lyrics.

Right now, I have a list of TEN authors that have posted since last night. Please, PLEASE put disclaimers in your chapters that are using the song titles and/or lyrics!

Pretty Please??

~~Wiccan~~

Sorry about that Wiccan, they've been added to those I have up so far and will make sure I add them to the others once I finish them up and get them posted.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
*GLOMPS Hairann*

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

*sobs with relief*

That's one less I have to worry about. My fingers actually cringed - all on their own - at the thought of having to type up over ten warnings, LOL!
*HUGGLES*

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:February Drabble/Drawble Night 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Nah wouldn't need to do it ten times, just post everyone's, that participated, name into a single message and send the same thing out to all of us at once.

Though I just realized I forgot to add it to the drawble I did last night too, so someone may want to make sure the drawblers add them as well.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/02/05 22:42 By Hairann.

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Hairann wrote:
Nah wouldn't need to do it ten times, just post everyone's, that participated, name into a single message and send the same thing out to all of us at once.

Though I just realized I forgot to add it to the drawble I did last night too, so someone may want to make sure the drawblers add them as well.

OH!

Hey... r0o0o0o0o0o??!!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Skye brought it to my attention before I saw this, but... I've gone ahead and added the disclaimers!

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Aurora Antheia Raine wrote:
Skye brought it to my attention before I saw this, but... I've gone ahead and added the disclaimers!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

*Huggles 'Theia*

You soooooo ROCK!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
LOL! You're welcome, Wiccan! Anything to keep Dokuga forever out of trouble!!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.