Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Halloween Drabble Drawble
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Halloween Drabble Drawble
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Halloween Drabble Drawble 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 696975
We have many traditions here on Dokuga and one is our annual Drabble Drawble night on halloween. This year it will mark the third anniversary of the DDN in chat as it all began on halloween three years ago.

I'd like to host one again this year however one small knot in my plan: I have to work that night and cannot be in chat until after 10pm.

I am hoping tthat somebody would like to step up and act as prompt master until I can get home. I can offer you many prompts to use, but I need a host.

Let's keep our Halloween DDNs alive! you'd be in chat working from about 8pm EST till 10:30ish EST. If you're interested please let me know below.

Thank you!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Halloween Drabble Drawble 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't have a taker yet, I can fill in for ya until you get on.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Halloween Drabble Drawble 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 34
i really hope this goes on until late! i have to work too and i can't get home until 10 or 11 myself. or i would wanna host.

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Halloween Drabble Drawble 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 696975
Thank you Hairann!

So now that we have a promptmaster for the first bit.

DDN tomorrow night (halloween October 31) at 8pm EST in the chatroom. Our own little online halloween party celebrating 3 years of DDN, or 2. Might be 2nd anniversary entering our third year. I have to think about this.

Anyway, Hair will start, I'll take over.

For those who don't knwo what a DDN is, it's simple

every 30 minutes our promptmaster is going to throw out a prompt. you have 30 minutes to write a 100 word drabble (doesn't have to be exactly 100 words with me) or draw a quick sketch. Yes, you can go over hte 30 minutes if you need to, but we'll have moved on so it's just more to catch up on.

post your drabble or link to chaat when it's done and wait for the praise. It gets really creative in there and it's just awesome!

Hope to see you there!

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
forthright
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Halloween Drabble Drawble 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 32
My apologies for any confusion...

A SPECIAL HALLOWEEN DRABBLE/DRAWBLE NIGHT
TONIGHT AT 9:00 P.M. (EASTERN)

Halloween is the night when DDNs had their start, so tonight we'll host Dokuga's 3rd Annual Halloween Drabble/Drawble Night. THE FUN BEGINS AT 9:00 p.m. (EASTERN), and we'll go for three hours! Over the course of the evening, several prompts will be given at short intervals. Participants are encouraged to write a 100-word drabble or create a quick sketch based on the theme and then share it. When you finish your drabble, post it directly to chat (assuming the rating is appropriate for everyone); links should be provided to art posts (again, mind your ratings).

Official Drabble/Drawble Nights will generally be held on the first Saturday of every month, starting at 7:30 p.m. (Eastern). Dates and times will be confirmed here in the forums. The next regularly-scheduled Drabble/Drawble Night will be next weekend...

Saturday, November 5, 2011
7:30 P.M. (EASTERN)
6:30 (CENTRAL) - 5:30 (MOUNTAIN) - 4:30 (PACIFIC)

A few things to keep in mind:
~All posts/links in Chat need to be PG13. If your drabble/drawble exceeds a T-rating, simply let the room know that you’ve updated your story/collection/gallery.
~Each month, the ten prompts will serve as clues to the night’s theme. If you think you know the theme, send me your guesses via private chat, but don’t blurt it out to the whole room. Give everyone the chance to figure it out on their own!
~FAQ – Does the drabble have to be exactly 100 words? If you’re asking me, then yes. It does. That’s part of the challenge, after all.
~When everyone’s posting drabbles to Chat, it’s pretty hard to keep up. If you want to read all the contributions, I suggest turning off ‘scrolling’ by clicking the arrow button over the right-hand sidebar. That way you can scroll manually and read at your leisure.
~You don’t have to do all the prompts in order to earn the participant’s banner. Even if you only do one of the prompts, you participated!
~Please save and upload the participant’s banner to your own image host (like PhotoBucket).
~If you can’t make it to Chat during a Drabble/Drawble Night, you can still take part. All the prompts and the participant’s banner will be added to the forum post. If you post your drabbles during the following day, you can still claim the banner.
~Special Holiday Drabble/Drawble Nights will be held in addition to the regular monthly Drabble/Drawble Nights: Halloween, Holidays, Valentine’s Day, etc.
~There is such a thing as an Impromptu Drabble/Drawble Night (IDDN). Those crop up whenever there’s a crowd in chat. They’re unpredictable, which is part of the fun. ::twinkle:: There is also such a thing as a GM Drabble/Drawble Night. Those are hosted in the GM Chat Room, where adult content is permitted. For more information on those, you’ll need to talk to sugar0o.

Be nice. Play fair. Have fun!

~forthright

POST-EVENT ADDITION:

The Twenty-five Prompts:
1) Dots, 2) Mounds, 3) Snickers, 4) Spree, 5) Now and Later, 6) Butterfinger, 7) Sugar Daddy, 8) Nerds, 9) Slo Poke, 10) Dum-Dums, 11) Bit-O-Honey, 12) Chunky, 13) Red Hots, 14) Runts, 15) 3 Musketeers, 16) Life Savers, 17) Pay Day, 18) Tootsie Rolls, 19) 100 Grand, 20) Big Hunk, 21) Milky Way, 22) Whoppers, 23) Airheads, 24) Gummy Worms, 25) Crunch

THE NEXT DRABBLE/DRAWBLE CHAT NIGHT IS SCHEDULED
FOR 7:30 P.M. (EASTERN) ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2011
~ SEE YOU THEN! ~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/11/01 00:00 By forthright.
Miss Anna
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Halloween Drabble Drawble 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 15
Won't be able to take part in it but will get the list of prompts later for my new drabble series ^_^, hope that everyone has a fun time tonight!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Logged Logged

I am the Master of Italian Pastry in Dokugareers, my tool is the rolling pin of cannoli.

Miss Anna S has Claimed Hitomiko\'s Bells in the Dokuga Claim Game
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.