Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Children of Kagome and Sesshoumaru
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Children of Kagome and Sesshoumaru
Aki
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Children of Kagome and Sesshoumaru 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
If an awesome daiyoukai like Sesshoumaru were to mate with a person with strong innate spiritual powers, like Kagome (or miko in general),would their babies really be hanyou?
Because I think that since spiritual powers, AKA purification powers, are supposed to kill demons are they not? So 2 things could happen to offspring.
1. The child is full demon or full human. When full human, the child inherits spiritual powers.
2. Cannot have children, because the 2 powers are incompatible.
Its funny because I just saw a thread saying Kagome should not lose powers after mating, therefore my scenarios hold true. What do you think?
(I gave way too much thought on this >.>)

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Children of Kagome and Sesshoumaru 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 57
Kagome's spiritual powers being the exact opposite of Sesshoumaru's could neutralise them, and prevent a pregnancy. She can after all fry youkai. It could also be probable that the pair could find a way to safely 'blend' their spiritual energies to create a sort of equilibrium between themselves to safely encourage or create a pregnancy. The only author so far perhaps that had addressed this issue is Remiseranda in the fiction 'Fugue' with Kagome and Sesshy.

Who knows... mehbe catching Sesshy in the bathtub might work to Kagome's advantage.

Logged Logged
MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Children of Kagome and Sesshoumaru 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
HISTORICALLY (not fantasy) speaking, a miko was a virgin priestess. If a miko married, or lost her virginity (even if she was raped, which was used as psychological warfare that opposing sides would use to emotionally conquer their foes. Destroy the spiritual strength of a society and you take the head, kinda thing) then she was no longer pure enough to connect with the spiritual realm (for lack of a better term)

So if you combine historical references with that of the fantasy world in Inuyasha, one could assume that if Kagome mates and produces a child, she is no longer in connection with her spiritual energy, and would be rendered not much more than a common human woman. Thusly, her children with any full demon would be hanyou.

This however doesn't make for a very interesting story, which is why I believe this aspect of the mating is less utilized in fanfiction. I'm personally not much of a fan of using this theory for stories either, but if we are trying to think about it logically (or as logically and scientifically as one can get with fantasy and legend) then this would be the most accurate explanation to what their children would be.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/08/29 19:24 By MoxyMikki.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.