Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Food for thought - IY
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Food for thought - IY
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Food for thought - IY 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
So i just got some of my TV and stuff hooked up again, i've been rather lazy. Either way, I'm now watching the 3rd movie.

And it was that awesome moment when Sess uses "dragon strike" against the backlashwave.

And i know that he can use Dragon Strike with any sword.

This attack is an electric attack. Not to mention, when he pulls the pearl from Yusha's eye, there's an Electric current between Sess and the pearl.

So....

does this mean that Sesshomaru's an Electric poisonous dog demon? And b/c we know that Papa was a Dog demon, does this mean that Sessmomma is an Electric poison demon?

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Food for thought - IY 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 66
You may be on to something. Sesshmomma or maybe Inupapa could have had electric-based attacks while Sesshmomma could have poison-based, thus having Sesshomaru with combined electric-poison attacks, for example, his whip which I think is a combined electric-poison attack. And Sesshomaru can use purely poison and purely electric attacks at will interchangably since he's had more training with his abilities. I would think that Inupapa was an electric-based dog demon (look at Yusha's Sankontessou and Kaze no Kizu) and Sesshmomma is a poison-based.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
Re:Food for thought - IY 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 25
I never gave it much thought, mainly because I don't see the movies as canon.

The electricity that passed between the two when Sesshoumaru retrieved the pearl from Inuyasha's eye I always considered a spark of extreme magic rather than an actual electrical ability/power. The pearl was a piece of sophisticated magic, something that was supposed to keep Sesshoumaru away from something that was never intended for him. I think of it almost like getting zapped from Tessaiga itself: it was the protective magic attempting to deter him.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Food for thought - IY 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
o.o i can concede to that, but him using dragon strike is canon isn't it? he uses it with tensaiga, tokijin and bakusaiga doesnt he? i could have sworn he did.

besides this was mostly a thought i had while watching the movie :3 i dont really think the movies are canon either.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
You know, I really don't know if he used it in canon or not. If I could remember when that happened, I'd go check it out for curiosity's sake XD

Logged Logged
landofthekwt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Food for thought - IY 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8
The Dragon Strike was only used by Sesshoumaru in Movie 3 as a Tokijin attack. Movie 3 was not written by RT although she was paid as a consultant on the movie. In the manga Tokijin's primary attack was kenatsu.

In the manga Chapter 15, page 2 (VIZ Vol 2,page 125)Sesshoumaru rips the black pearl from IY's right eye leaving his eye a bleeding mess. (Not as in the anime where he uses an electrical pulse to draw the pearl out of the eye.) (The VIZ translators for Volume 2
actually changed the English adaptation to left eye to match their flipped manga.)

Logged Logged
MomoDesu
Minister of Silly Walks
graphgraph
landofthekewt for the win!

I didn't remember any sort of electrical pulse from the manga, though I've watched the anime so many times I seem to get the anime and manga blurred together.

Logged Logged
Lady Hiroko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Food for thought - IY 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hmm....I never really thought about it. I read wiki on Sesshomaru (Inuyasha dedicated wiki) and it never really stated he was electrical, just poison. Perhaps he could master all elemental if he really wanted to....just my thought.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.