Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Questions About The Manga
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Questions About The Manga
TwistTie05
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I'll probably come up with a few over time, but I think I shall start with this:

When and where did InuYasha get the sheath for the Tetsusaiga? He got the Tetsusaiga in volume two of the manga, and somehow in volume three he had a sheath. Is that just a normal sheath, and he received the actual sheath (the one with special powers) later? I honestly can't remember...

Could someone give me the answer, and perhaps point to the manga volume/anime episode in which it happens if you know it?

Thanks in advance my lovelies~

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
As far as i can remember the sheath magically appeared like so many things in the anime/manga. No where, that i can remember, does it show how he got the sheath for it.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Sakuramaru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 5
This is a good idea for a thread! I thank you, because as I have not read the manga, I have questions about things that sometimes come up in fanfics that I haven't seen in the anime/movies.

The main one I can think of right now is InuYasha's/Sesshoumaru's saliva's healing abilities.

Is that explained in the manga? I know in Affections Throughout Time, when Kagome cuts her finger on the Goshinboku, InuYasha shows up and sticks her finger in his mouth, then wraps it in her favorite handkerchief. But that's about as close to an answer as I got in the anime.

Or is this just something we fans came up with to give Sesshoumaru another excuse to lick Kagome? :-P

Logged Logged

I've claimed Kouga's Pretty Blue Eyes in the Dokuga Claim Game!
BlueHeavensAngel
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7
I have only read parts of the manga, but I'm pretty sure that the saliva thing is just a fan made thing. Sometimes people in RL will lick wounds, but I don't think it actually does anything. It's probably just an excuse to have Sesshomaru lick Kagome.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
The sheath I'm pretty sure just appeared out of hammerspace, much like Akane's mallet .

The healing saliva I am pretty sure is fannon, added in not only cause we get to have Sesshoumaru lick Kagome, but also I believe I heard somewhere that dogs' saliva can heal. Probably not so instantaneously as Sesshoumaru though lol.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
The healing saliva I am pretty sure is fannon, added in not only cause we get to have Sesshoumaru lick Kagome, but also I believe I heard somewhere that dogs' saliva can heal. Probably not so instantaneously as Sesshoumaru though lol.

Yeah, that's a fandom thing. I don't think it was in the manga at all. There is an old wives tale about a dog licking a wound makes it heal faster. The truth is, it doesn't. What it helps is keeping it clean so it can do it on its own better. I don't think i ever saw that in the manga or anime though i could be wrong.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 27
Yeah it was just 'suppose' to come with the sword. The sheath is suppose to be special and is used to block attacks by the thunder brothers then Inuyasha looses his sword in the manga. Also the first time Inuyasha turns Human, in both the manga and anime, kagome uses the sheath to free him from the web. (I might have thought it was her power but it was a blue arua)

I know it gets damaged at some point and has to be repaired at some point. Which he does by sticking it in a bee youkai's nest for the wax to seal it. I can't remember if totosai told him about the wax or not...(will have to look). Hope that was helpful.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Questions About The Manga 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 27
Oh sorry just saw the other question. and yeah, fandom.

neither of them have that ability to heal with their saliva. That was just suppose to be a 'aw' scene in the movie. ^.^ Wow that takes me back.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.