Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kagome's Eyes
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kagome's Eyes
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 34
Maybe its just me i really don't care all that much. Blue, red, brown green, there all the same to me they are just eyes. I don't care for culture, I care for the fact that a story is good. Although, hmm...I want to write a story feature Sesshomaru in a love affair with Kagome's everchanging eyes now. YAY!!! I thoguht of something! I need a huggle! Where's Anno? ANNO!!! ANNO!!! Huggle time!

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 27
Kirai wrote:
Maybe its just me i really don't care all that much. Blue, red, brown green, there all the same to me they are just eyes. I don't care for culture, I care for the fact that a story is good. Although, hmm...I want to write a story feature Sesshomaru in a love affair with Kagome's everchanging eyes now. YAY!!! I thoguht of something! I need a huggle! Where's Anno? ANNO!!! ANNO!!! Huggle time!

Haha! You should! Like here eyes change based on her mood.

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 13
Wow, who knew eye color could inspire such interesting debate.....

I agree with the faction holding to the idea that eye color isn't a big deal, I read the stories created by all the fab authors here because they are good stories. This is a realm of fiction. I could have missed them, but as to date I have not seen any threads relating to the existance of youkai or published scientific proof that time travel exists. We all read these stories because they make us all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Eye, hair and skin color are just adjectives used to describe a character. If used correctly, adjectives add a powerful meassage/flow/mojo whaever you want to call it, to a story.

On a side note, the high school science teacher in me cringes when people cite wikipedia, please don't (this isn't a slam, so please don't take it as such). It is an open source web document that anybody, and I do mean anybody, can write to. You don't need creditials to post there, so PLEASE don't think that it is the web be all/end all of credible, validated, and proven scientific theory.

Glow in the dark nipples, who knew??? Sess probably thinks that they are like two shinning beacons guiding him home..... I bet their pierced as well.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/12/18 20:52 By lady orrin.

When all else fails...read the directions.
shinkonokokoro
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Sugabelly wrote:
Thanks for clarifying. It just really, really bugs me. Japanese people don't have blue eyes and it does seem culturally insensitive and very false to write things like "Her eyes blue as the sea". I find it very distracting in a story I would otherwise enjoy and every time I come across yet another description of Kagome's "cerulean eyes" I have to stop and shake my head in annoyance.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I usually go with blue because I base her character off of the manga, as I've never seen the anime. I realise that she's Japanese, and while it's typical for Japanese people to have brown or darker eyes, it is possible for a Japanese person to have blue eyes. There is the possibility of mixed heritage resulting in Kagome's blue eyes. So while it's improbable, it's what I go with because is what Takahashi decided to go with. There are plenty of other characters who are supposed to be Japanese but don't fit the physical profile. Usagi from Sailor Moon is a prime example: she's blonde and has blue eyes. There are many others. It's just an aesthetic preference, I suppose. So I'm not particularly bothered by it because it can be explained by genetics if Takahashi really cared to do so.

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 10
Maybe someone should set up a odd eye color challenge...I bet there would be all sorts of interesting replies there...

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 47
Lady Orrin wrote:

On a side note, the high school science teacher in me cringes when people cite wikipedia, please don't (this isn't a slam, so please don't take it as such). It is an open source web document that anybody, and I do mean anybody, can write to. You don't need creditials to post there, so PLEASE don't think that it is the web be all/end all of credible, validated, and proven scientific theory.

Hehehe, I know I'm guilty of citing wiki a couple of times, even though I knew I shouldn't. Once, one of my history professors actually admitted to going on wiki and purposefully adding incorrect information to some of the topics. While wiki can provide a lot of accurate information, additional research is always good to verify what may be posted there.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Lady Orrin
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 13
CritterWhisperer wrote.....
And just because I am the kind of nerd that likes to look up information about this stuff, there is an article on wiki that gives some explanation to the genetics behind eye color.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

I found it very interesting that scientists believe that everyone with blue eyes has a common ancestor due to a genetic mutation that occurred somewhere between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, somewhere near the Black Sea region.

That is very different from what I was taught in AP Biology, only 9 years ago, when we were told that blue eyes were simply a recessive trait, while brown was dominant.

It is a recessive trait,unless both your parents have blue eyes. So guys, if you and your girl both have blue eyes, but jr. was born with brown your girl got friendly with someone else, and jr. is not yours. It's genetically impossble for two blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed baby. I teach in a high school with a very high teenage pregnancy rate... the highest in our district...yeah we one that contest...... the kids always like that part of the genetics discussion. Anyway, I digress... the genetic mutation had to happen somewhere and somewhen. I would go with the older time reference, 6,000 yrs seems to soon. Anywho.......There was a tribe of female warriors (some with blue eyes), now credited with the amazon myth, whose homeland was in what is now Turkey. They were forced to move north, gravesites in central Russia match with the older gravesites in Turkey. When the Mongols took over most of the central Asian plateau, which includes a big chunk of Russia, they took some of these blue eyed females back to the steps. Today, though rare, there are blue-eyed Mongolians.

So, in my mind, the Monglian inhabited areas of the asian step region, are not all that far away from Japan. The recessive blue eyed trait could have been brought in by Mongolian Invaders, or Chinese diplomats (China at one time had been ruled by the Huns)of Mongolian decent. There were Japanese, before Europeans, who had blue eyes, the genitics most likely came by way of the Mongols.....

In the end, can't Kagome have blue eyes just because. It's author choice isn't it?? I like both ways. Good stories are good regardless of eye color.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/08 02:35 By lady orrin.

When all else fails...read the directions.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 47
Yep, like I said, I'm guilty of citing wiki.

Other sources provided similar information about the complexity of the actual genetics of eye color and the history of the mutation that caused blue eyes, but the wiki article had it all in one spot.

Still, I thought my professor's confession was funny . . .

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Waterunleashed
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4
I just have one question for the people who seem to think that Kagome's blue eyes anglicize her. What about Miroku and his violet eyes?

Logged Logged
wiiTneSs
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Rumiko Takahashi did draw Kagome with blue and sometimes blue-light grayish eyes but the anime had Kagome with brown eyes. You can check out the manga covers...<www.inuyashaworld.com/imageworld.cfm> click on the image gallery.

Personally, I prefer Kagome to have blue eyes...more exotic and exciting,I guess, plus it sticks with the manga. I don't see why Kagome can't have blue eyes when Miroku have violet eyes. Then there's the time traveling well, power granting jewels, talking trees, ogre, youkai who ruled lands, youkai who have to ability to transform, bring back life using clay/dirt, and much more interesting oddities.

I don't really mind the brown eyes that much...just kinda pause and get weirded out a bit then move on with the story.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/01/22 02:32 By wiiTneSs.
Nat-a-wee
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 5
I agree with wiiTneSs..
That was a very valid point..

And is it just me or..idk
But in fanfic's,when the author gives Kagome brown eyes, dont they just seem..plain..
No offense to anyone with brown eyes!!!

Logged Logged

!!!Natalie!!!
PitaBread
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 15
shinkonokokoro wrote:
Sugabelly wrote:
Thanks for clarifying. It just really, really bugs me. Japanese people don't have blue eyes and it does seem culturally insensitive and very false to write things like "Her eyes blue as the sea". I find it very distracting in a story I would otherwise enjoy and every time I come across yet another description of Kagome's "cerulean eyes" I have to stop and shake my head in annoyance.

I usually go with blue because I base her character off of the manga, as I've never seen the anime. I realise that she's Japanese, and while it's typical for Japanese people to have brown or darker eyes, it is possible for a Japanese person to have blue eyes. There is the possibility of mixed heritage resulting in Kagome's blue eyes. So while it's improbable, it's what I go with because is what Takahashi decided to go with. There are plenty of other characters who are supposed to be Japanese but don't fit the physical profile. Usagi from Sailor Moon is a prime example: she's blonde and has blue eyes. There are many others. It's just an aesthetic preference, I suppose. So I'm not particularly bothered by it because it can be explained by genetics if Takahashi really cared to do so.

To Sugabelly: the only reason that some of us prefer to write about Kagome with blue eyes is because we prefer canon. I, myself, can't stand hearing someone talk about Kagome's "chocolate brown eyes". Just like I will never, EVER describe Sesshoumaru as wearing a kimono with a RED pattern. I'm not attacking you, I'm just really anal when it comes to details like that. ^^

As for the debate about real eye color: it is possible. I've seen plenty of movies, videos, and soap-opera-type shows where Japanese people have grey or greyish-blue eyes. Of course, they're never BRIGHT blue, like Kagome's or Kouga's, but they can be blue. Then again, it doesn't really matter because Kagome lives in a world where she can time-travel and marries a half-dog-demon. With GOLD eyes. So who cares if blue eyes are realistic or not?

Logged Logged

Lemons and Reviews are love...
Sion Alphaios
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years ago Karma: 14
PitaBread wrote:
shinkonokokoro wrote:
Sugabelly wrote:

To Sugabelly: the only reason that some of us prefer to write about Kagome with blue eyes is because we prefer canon. I, myself, can't stand hearing someone talk about Kagome's "chocolate brown eyes". Just like I will never, EVER describe Sesshoumaru as wearing a kimono with a RED pattern. I'm not attacking you, I'm just really anal when it comes to details like that. ^^

Just out of curiosity, what color is Sesshoumaru's kimono if not red? I've seen so many images with Sesshoumaru wearing a white kimono with the red flower/ hexagon design. Did I miss something somewhere or, perhaps, misunderstood something?
(I've been away from my "Inuyasha" for 4 years so there are some things I don't remember and, because I haven't actually been able to get my hands on the entire series, several things that I haven't learned that I might have had I read the manga.)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/03/26 11:32 By Sion Alphaios.
Sophie
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 14 Years ago Karma: 9
I think that using both colors to describe Kagome's eyes is okay. It depends on what you prefer. I for example describe Kagome's eyes as blue because she does not look for me as normal Japanese girl. I mean look at her- her hairs are curly not straight as usual, she has really long legs and I have read somewhere that even her name is not fully Japanese, so why not blue eyes?

And I'm also curious about Sesshoumaru's crest, if it's not red then what color it has?

Logged Logged
Capo
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
In the manga Sesshoumaru had a purple/blue color, didn't he?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/26 22:12 By Capoeira.
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 20
If it helps, in the Ani-Mangas I have in my collection [#'s 1-27] his crests on his Haroi are indeed red. I looked through issues 2 and 7 and another I just grabbed but did not notice the number, and in each scene he is in the color is red.

Logged Logged
Mitsje
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
In the anime the crest is definitely red, but on the back of manga #2, where Maru-kun first appeared, it's the same purple they use for the moon on his forehead, and his sash, which, in the anime is blue and yellow, is a very light purple and the same purple as the crest is. Somehow, I prefer this, because all the colours mesh toghether a bit better than in the anime. But, to each his own.

Here is a pic which shows what I mean: www.inuyashaworld.com/images_show.cfm?imagetype=manga&imagenum=7

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/27 15:48 By Mitsje. Reason: added link
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Yes, but it is a shadow created upon his clothing- that is how it appears on the back of my #2 AniManga.

Logged Logged
KyuubiPandoraChan
Pup
graphgraph
The color of Kagome's eyes always left me wondering...Which one should I follow? She's a Japanese and having blue eyes can suggest she has a mix heritage(genetic at play?)

Having blue eyes on Kagome made her look pretty but somehow having her as a normal girl getting thrown to the past make it more believable. It's just like, it can happen to anyone that kind of thing. Not because you are already special and you get more special stuff coming your way.

Hmm...I think I'm not getting through my point here... And I'm blabbering already...

Logged Logged
Capo
Pup
graphgraph
Oroyukae wrote:
Yes, but it is a shadow created upon his clothing- that is how it appears on the back of my #2 AniManga.

Yeah but isn't the covers of the ani-mangas based off of the show more than the original manga?

sesshoumaru.owarinai.net/gallery/manga/pics/sessmangacV23_2.jpg

There's no way that can be a shadow, lol
sesshoumaru.owarinai.net/gallery/manga/pics/sessmangacV19.jpg

I forgot about this one, haha. But I don't really care to be honest, it's simply a color.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/04/27 18:36 By Capoeira.
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
From the omage on my copy, if one was to look at his pelt upon his right shoulder one would see there is indeed a shadow cast from either his face or somthing else so, yes, it could be a shadow. LOL.

Logged Logged
Mitsje
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 5
That may be so, but like Ary said, there's a difference between manga and animanga, as the animanga is based on the anime, not the manga.

If you look at the cover from the second animanga ( ep.yimg.com/ca/I/animecorner_2099_91686676 ), it is obvious, dare I say blatantly so, that the images are based completely on the anime, and not one bit on the manga.

I'm not saying that the animanga are worth less than than the manga, but comparing the two is exactly the same as comparing the anime and the manga, as far as colourschemes go, anyway. I have not read any animanga from InuYasha, so I don't know if on the inside is like, the coloured manga or stills from the show formed into a manga.

But, the fact remains, that, in the original manga, as can be seen by the pics provided by Ary, the crest and the ends of his sleeves are a purplish blue kind of colour.

Logged Logged
KyuubiPandoraChan
Pup
graphgraph
Blue eyes or brown eyes. She's still Kagome. Eyes does not describe her personality. But I kudos to those who can describe her brown eyes perfectly. Brown eyes are dull and it takes a lot more effort to really describe to something.

Nevertheless, Kagome's personality is what make her special. She is not afraid to run into danger, have a fiery(interesting) temper, a good friend, naivety (sometimes when she gets confused or make stupid remark and Inuyasha scolded her) XD and many more. So, what I think is people should keep Kagome canon and not turning her into something else...XD

That's my two cents... No flame please if you don't agree. Thanks.

Logged Logged
Riku Ryuu
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 19
There is a chance that he could change clothes. He could have a closet filled with red and white clothes and maybe some other clothes. He is a lord, so he should be able to afford it.

Logged Logged

Cause I need all the help I can get
LeiTung
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Eyes 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
I guess it depends on whether you're following the anime or the manga. What I don't understand is... why do so many fics insist on Kagome's eyes changing depending on her mood?

Valid point, Riku.

Logged Logged

\"I despise a world which does not feel that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.\"

-- Ludwig von Beethoven
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.