Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Need Help Researching for Trilogy
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Need Help Researching for Trilogy
Fluffy
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Need Help Researching for Trilogy 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2
I am currently working on a fanfiction project (which is taking up all my time) that is a Trilogy. I normally wing the story and create AU, but I wanted something different. For this Trilogy, I have been doing a bunch of research and I am actually almost done to the point where I can start writing it.

Unfortunately, I cannot find all the information I need to complete the rougher draft of this story. I plan on it being very long (The first story being 50 chapters, the second 12, and the third around 40), and I want to make things as acurate as possible.

I have three questions:

1.) How are inu and wolf packs structured (separately) and what are their behaviors? I know the two groups are similar, but they also are different in some ways. I have been able to find small things about these packs, but nothing extensive like I need. Any help would be appreciated, and I will even dedicate chapters to those who help me.

2.) What is the traditional clothing they would wear in the Feudal Era? I realize there are hakamas and such (I forget how to spell some of them, so I am not even going to try) but I feel as though more is needed in that area, too. Once again, help is apprecialted, and chapters will be dedicated.

3.) How was the royalty system in Feudal Japan? In regards to the anime, or something rather close to such. This question is realy a mind-teaser, I guess, because I realize that this one would be hard to answer, and doesn't HAVE to be answered. I can just make it up as I go. Answers for this one will be given a double-chapter dedication.

Now, my original plan was to co-author, but I decided not to, and so this story will take extra super long. I am going to get the stories done before I post anything at all, so we have a while to answer my questions.

I thank you all for taking the time to read this. I hope people can answer these questions.

~FluffySesshomaruTail

P.s. If you do answer my questions, please give me the web address or tell me if it is something you just knew. I would like to browse the sites to make sure the work is credible. No offence to anyone. Thank you!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Need Help Researching for Trilogy 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 31
Question number 3 will be answered here:

Feudal Japan Hierarchy:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudal_Japan_hierarchy

Edo Society:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_society

hope this helps

Edit:

This site is really cool--includes a list and in depth description of Japanese clothing.
www.oldandsold.com/articles09/clothes-11.shtml

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/24 02:48 By Saholia.
Noacat
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Need Help Researching for Trilogy 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
This one has a nice selection of pictures with helpful diagrams that name specific pieces of clothing. The Costume Museum

Logged Logged
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Help Researching for Trilogy 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Fluffy wrote:
1.) How are inu and wolf packs structured (separately) and what are their behaviors? I know the two groups are similar, but they also are different in some ways. I have been able to find small things about these packs, but nothing extensive like I need. Any help would be appreciated, and I will even dedicate chapters to those who help me.

Well...if you wanted to pull ideas of their structure from real dog "packs" and wolf packs, I can help a bit.

Wolf packs are extremely structured. There is a very clear alpha male and female--the only two who are allowed to breed (except in a few extraordinary circumstances where the beta wolves are permitted to breed when the alphas fail to do so for whatever reason). Wolves usually mate for life and it is very rare they will take another mate if theirs has been killed. The alpha's are the first to eat, and usually the rest follow by rank after that but occasionally a favourite of the alphas may be permitted to eat before it is their rank's "turn". When hunting, wolves are extremely cooperative with each other and strategize their hunts. Wolves squabble often, but it is rarely serious. When battling for a dominant position however, it is almost always a fatal fight. All the wolves in the pack know their rank well, and even the lowest wolf--the omega--who will often be picked on, would rather stay in the pack than venture off alone simply for the security a pack offers. Pups are cared for by many members of the pack and frequently one or two wolves will designate themselves as the official "babysitters". The alpha male has an integral part in raising the pups. Weakness is not tolerated in wolf packs and an injured and/or sick animal will likely be killed by the rest of the group.

Dogs (feral dog "packs", not dogs raised by humans) are very different socially. Dogs do not really have packs, they may form loose groups but there is no structure to them. There are no official alphas, betas, etc. There may be a dog who gets his/her way more because s/he bullies their way around. Dogs will frequently interchange into different "packs", never taking up permanent residence with one. All members of the "pack" breed and dogs do not mate for life; to the contrary they are usually very promiscuous and animals of both sexes will breed to as many partners as possible (which means a litter may have several sires). Food is on a first-come-first-serve basis and each-man-for-himself kind of thing. It is rare that dogs will work cooperatively on much of anything, especially when obtaining food. Occasionally you will have two or three dogs who are very close that work together, but never an entire pack. Dogs do not look after each others' puppies, and the sire(s) never help raise their young. Sometimes, you will find dogs that do not tolerate weakness like wolves, but more often than not, dogs will simply ignore an injured/sick animal. Fights between dogs are usually just for show and do not result in serious injury, but dogs can easily become unstable in their aggression with other dogs and will even hold grudges against specific dogs. In these circumstances the fights will be bloody, nasty, and occasionally result in death.

o__o...I have no idea if that's what you were looking for, but maybe it helped a little ^^;

Logged Logged
Kittylin
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Help Researching for Trilogy 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Wow that really hepled Bleuborzoi.

I have french bull dogs and they are like a pack of two. They don't like any other dogs but are happy with each others company.

Logged Logged
Bleuborzoi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Need Help Researching for Trilogy 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Kittylin wrote:
Wow that really hepled Bleuborzoi.

I have french bull dogs and they are like a pack of two. They don't like any other dogs but are happy with each others company.

Glad it helped someone ^^. It's just a quickie overview of dog and wolf social groups, if you have any more specific questions, feel free to message me or something.

I have eight dogs total, and they certainly form their own little groups and have "us and them" battles. Although, they are almost never loyal to their group and switch sides a lot XD. The only time they all work together is when there's a new dog in their territory.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.