Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kagome's Bra Size
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kagome's Bra Size
Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
Okay everyone I recently posted a realism picture of Kagome and the main comment everyone thought was that her bust was too big. Now it might have looked a little too big because the arms where a little small, giving off an optical illusion, but it was also because of the fact her arms where squeezing them together. But that's all insignifigant to my question.

Anyways that got me wondering what are Kagome's measurements anyways? Cause I'm going off of what I see in the anime pics of her and what I see from real models wearing sailor fuku's. The thing is that sailor fuku's are very good at covering up a woman's figure, and being as Kagome's are shall we say noticable that kind of tells me that she's probably bigger than an A or B cup. Also I know that anime's that are geared towards guys are going to have girls with "over" exaggerated breast, while it seems that the anime's geared more towards girls almost seem to "under" exaggerate them.

And here's another question is it possible being as she's 15-16 that her bra size could still go up. Cause I asked my wife what her size was when she was 15-16 and she said either a C of D cup and now at 22 she's a DDD cup. So I personally don't think it's too far fetched that she's going to keep growing to some extent.

To make it even more confusing according to this site http://www.absoluteanime.com/inuyasha/kagome.htm she's 5'1" tall and weighs 109lbs. But yet you have real life model Yoko Matsugane who has a 32E U.S. bust size, measures 37-23-35, and is 5'4" but yet she only weighs 100lbs. So that tells me that Kagome is carrying more weight somewhere, or RT didn't know how heavy she should be. Now don't get me wrong by thinking I'm saying Kagome is larger than an E cup I'm just trying to prove the fact that I think she's bigger than people might think.

That reminds me there where also the comments that her bust size was too big for an Asian girl. Which I think is way wrong, cause I've seen more than my far share of pictures of Asian models who's bra size are in the D cup and above range. So I think that line of thought is one of the generalizations that people have on Asian women.

To help prove my previous point about the sailor fuku's here's some picture of some Asian models compared to a picture of Kagome from the anime.

This model is a 80E in Japan which is a 36D in US size but you might not think that because of the sailor outfit she's wearing.

Or this girl who is an F cup in Japan which is a DD here in the US

So I would say that my assumption that Kagome is a C cup in the anime at the age of 15-16 would not be too far fetched of an idea.

I guess in the end I'm trying to find out cause I'm going to do another Kagome realism to make up for the mistakes on the first one and I want to make sure that I'm not wrong in my interpritation.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/19 04:33 By Amadeus.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- Abraham Lincoln
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -666
C-cup is probably the most accurate, but if you are aiming for realism especially since you're acknowledging the fact that she may already have an exaggerated bust size, keep in mind that making her larger than that could conflict with that realism. Let's just call her an early bloomer. I've known girls who hit puberty early, but that didn't necessarily result in DD breasts by the time they were 20.

Also keep in mind that we ladies would like to relate to Kagome, not be envious of her

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
True and I understand where you're coming from cause she dosn't need to be freakishly large. But I also try for the bast realism I can and it doesn't matter if she's an A cup or a J cup to me I just want to make sure I interpret the character right. So if she was a B cup it wouldn't be right for me to assume that she'd grow 6 sizes by the time she stopped. Cause I'd like to say if she is a C cup in the anime when she's about 15-16 then that it wouldn't be far fetched for me to draw her as a D cup in my realisms where she's being portrayed at around her early twenties.

I also don't think that her breast are over exaggerated infact I think being as RT's series are mainly geared towards a more female dominant audience that they are "under"exaggerated, that and the fact that she's wearing the sailor fuku which covers her up even more.

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- Abraham Lincoln
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
The idea of exaggerated breast sizes on female characters in graphic novels (be it American, Japanese, or any other culture) is because of the media. Plus, since the Graphic Novel field mostly consists of men, a women's features - breasts, hips, butt, etc. - are exaggerated. And since Takahashi said she wanted to focus on action with Inuyasha, she probably needed a way to bring in even more of the male group (besides those who would read the story for just action). Big chests on main, female characters are mostly used to rope in the male audience. Take Sango for example - big chested warrior chick in a leather one-piece. However, it's hard to apply realism to Takahashi's style. She doesn't draw her characters realistically. So, what may appear to be a C or D in real life, might actually be smaller as far as the Graphic Novel goes. But then, Takahashi did mention that no matter how much Kagome's skirt flies up, it wasn't supposed to show her underwear (mentioned in the "Art of InuYasha" book). I don't know.

Personally, I would put Kagome between a A or B because no matter how much sailor fuku hides, it will still show the figure. Even if she have a small breast size, it would still be evident. Plus, I vouch for the I.B.T.C. lol She's 15, and for all we know - she could be padding her bras. I know, sounds ridiculous. In the comic, she's trying it impress Inuyasha, and possibly using a futuristic girl's mentality - guys from the future like boobs.

I don't know. In the end, it's up to you as the artist to determine how you want her body structure to be. The main thing is, remember proportions and it should look fine. ^^

Logged Logged

Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
That's what I'm trying to do. I'm just saying the thing about the fuku is cause they are just really big oversized shirts that are cut short. And they do still show some figure, they're like the BDU blouses we have in the military. If you have anything smaller than a C cup you're just going to look like a guy in the chest. Just because they're so baggy. And the fact that Kagome who is supposed to be 5'1" yet she weighs more than a real life model who is 5'4" and whose bra size is 32E. Not that this means that Kagome's an E cup, and I know that RT pretty much has to guess on the weight thing like every other creator.

Padded Bra. Never would have thought about that one. Then again I'm not a girl trying to impress a guy.

Logged Logged

- Abraham Lincoln
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Amadeus wrote:
That's what I'm trying to do. I'm just saying the thing about the fuku is cause they are just really big oversized shirts that are cut short. And they do still show some figure, they're like the BDU blouses we have in the military. If you have anything smaller than a C cup you're just going to look like a guy in the chest. Just because they're so baggy. And the fact that Kagome who is supposed to be 5'1" yet she weighs more than a real life model who is 5'4" and whose bra size is 32E. Not that this means that Kagome's an E cup, and I know that RT pretty much has to guess on the weight thing like every other creator.

Padded Bra. Never would have thought about that one. Then again I'm not a girl trying to impress a guy.

I guess I understand what you're saying. The sailor fuku is baggy, but probably not as baggy as a BDU blouse. It's still possible to see a smaller chest size under a baggy shirt.

However, I would not use Yoko Matsugane to determine the chest size of Kagome. Number one, Kagome's not a model. She's an average school girl who gets sucked into the past. You really can't apply a society's standards of beauty - tiny waist, big boobs, and underweight - on an average person like Kagome. Plus, if we're basing this off of Kagome who travels and walks and hikes and goes all over ancient Japan, Kagome would be healthier than Yoko Matsugane.

Matsugane's chest probably make up 30% of her weight. DX

I wouldn't say Kagome's an E -or even a D cup for that matter. Because, if she was, her boobs would be swinging on all over the place because of all the running, fighting, leaping, etc. Mostly because of gravity, if the animation studio knows their science. But probably not as much as say... a more adult anime.

There are charts that compare - healthy - weight and height together. Therefore, it is possible for a creator to make a character that has healthy proportions. Breast size is just genetic. For example, someone can be 5'4", weigh 128lbs, and only have a breast size of a 34A. It is possible. I'd say go look at Kagome's Mom to make another observation.

And, it was either in an interview or an art book, that Takahashi says that Kagome is not busty. She's about an A, a B at most. Takahashi wanted to stick with the small, Asian woman model. She did not want Kagome to be a sex symbol - hence, one of the reasons why "no matter how rough the action", Rumiko says Kagome's skirt does not show her underwear.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/19 20:50 By CookieAsylum. Reason: Type error

Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
This is all true but breast size really doesn't affect weight a whole lot, cause each cup size might be a pound or two difference from the previous size. Like at a B cup her breast might only weigh a total of 4lbs and at a D cup they'd only weigh around 8lbs combined. So it's really not a big difference. Still I think you're right in saying that Kagome would be a very fit girl from her adventures so it's only safe to assume that she'd have a lower BMI than the normal girl, which could affect bust size. But from the few episodes I've seen they're usually walking most of the time with short sprints here and there. So it might not have that big of a difference. Then there's the point of thier diet. Eating a lot of carbs like Ramen all the time means that any weight that she did put on would take longer to come off, so she might walk and run alot yet see no difference in physical apperance

Yes genetics do make I'd say around 80% of what would determine her bust size. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of her mom and her to compare. Stupid Air Force web server not allowing me to go anywhere.

Logged Logged

- Abraham Lincoln
Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
This is all true but breast size really doesn't affect weight a whole lot, cause each cup size might be a pound or two difference from the previous size. Like at a B cup her breast might only weigh a total of 4lbs and at a D cup they'd only weigh around 8lbs combined. So it's really not a big difference. Still I think you're right in saying that Kagome would be a very fit girl from her adventures so it's only safe to assume that she'd have a lower BMI than the normal girl, which could affect bust size. But from the few episodes I've seen they're usually walking most of the time with short sprints here and there. So it might not have that big of a difference. Then there's the point of thier diet. Eating a lot of carbs like Ramen all the time means that any weight that she did put on would take longer to come off, so she might walk and run alot yet see no difference in physical apperance

Yes genetics do make I'd say around 80% of what would determine her bust size. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of her mom and her to compare. Stupid Air Force web server not allowing me to go anywhere.

Logged Logged

- Abraham Lincoln
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 216
i colored it :3 *is happy with self*

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
I saw great job. I never could get that whole coloring on the computer.

Logged Logged

- Abraham Lincoln
Mistress Sianna
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 26
Amadeus, I say a little artistic license goes a long way! I think your picture is fine and is an accurate portrayal of what Kagome would look like as a more realistic character.

From what I've seen of her, Kagome does appear to be a well-developed young person, so I don't think the size you portrayed was unreasonable, not to mention the position of her arms which added to the overall look.

But like I said earlier, artistic license goes a long way and if you want to draw her with a triple F cup, you should have no qualms about doing so. Kagome is a fictional character after all, and there is no way to know for sure what her "real" bra size would be. Do as you please, and have fun with it!

Logged Logged

Pfft! I was gonna stop procrastinating, but I never got around to it.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 47
Maybe Kagome is wearing that bra from lady_myth's "Dirty Laundry Leads to . . ."

I've looked at both the pencil drawing and the colored version that rOo did. Both of them are awesome. Yes, in the original, her breasts do seem a bit large, but like you said, that is an optical illusion. I think part of it is the fact that the face and the bra are so detailed that your eyes are immediately drawn to those two areas. The lines of her shoulders and torso are lighter and kind of gave the effect that her body is smaller than it should be. But once it was colored, that effect was reduced, and I could appreciate the image as a whole.

In the end, it is your drawing, and it is your call of what you think looks right, or doesn't. Besides, the human body is rarely perfectly proportioned.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
Thanks for everyone's input it seems that yes the general consensus is that her cup size is some form of C cup at 15-16. And hopefully her bust will look better proportioned in the next one (if I catch the other mistakes that is).

Also to Mistress Sianna. A FFF cup !?!?! I wouldn't draw them that big even if I ever did decide to draw a "Giant" breast hentai pic. Then again I'm half tempted to draw it just to get a laugh out of it, cause that's just funny.

And something I didn't really catch in CookieAsylum's last post. Yes Yoko Matsugane is a Japanese model, but she isn't a supermodel instead she's what's known as a Gravure model or a Bikini model. Which are not super skinny girls, but are instead all-natural girls. So that means no super skinny, ripped girls, without an ounce of bodyfat. Here's a pic.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/20 03:38 By Amadeus.

- Abraham Lincoln
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Bra Size 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 26
Amadeus wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of her mom and her to compare. Stupid Air Force web server not allowing me to go anywhere.
I took a few snapshots of episode 48 to piece together this pan shot of Kagome and her mother:

Hope that helps. ^_^

Logged Logged
Amadeus
Pup
graphgraph
I'll have to look at it at home the image is blocked here at work. Foiled once again by the Air Force.

Logged Logged

- Abraham Lincoln
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.