Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Revelation!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Revelation!!
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Revelation!! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 20
Hope I am posting this in the right spot....not too sure. I am amazed and embarrassed to say this but - I never realized that the smooth as sily , sinfully ..hypnotic baritone voice of the beloved Sesshou is so widely heard in just about everything. [ blushes deep crimson and hides face] . I must really live under a rock or something because I never realized just how much David Kayes' voice is used . He is a very busy guy!

Man! I about had a heart attack when my son found his site for his production company and called me into the room to have me listen to the demos. He does the station identification for my favorite radio station 94.9 K ROCK!!!![ I always thought that voice was sexy and wished I knew who that guy was ] I would hear that voice every day - many times while driving down the street or just listening to the radio at home and NEVER knew it was him! Can you say OBLIVIOUS?

His voice over work is extensive [ he even does a voice on my sons' favorite video game series SPLINTER CELL- he is Sadonno(?) in PANDORA TOMORROW , a not so nice character.I mean , I knew he did voice over work for other anime and movies but when I read ALL the work he has done ...I was even more impressed [ not to mention embarrassed].

Okay , now that you all think I am a total moron for not knowing this...I'll stop. Just had to share !!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 15
Been a David Kaye fan since Gundam Wing (he's the voice of Treize Kushrenada). He's also the voice of Megatron in the Transformers movies. He's an awesome talent, and if you see any interviews with him with fans he seems like a decent guy.

Logged Logged

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
GlassDoll
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
I thought Hugo Weaving did the voice of Megatron in the films. David Kaye is in the show though as a whole bunch of characters.

Logged Logged
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
David Kaye has done both Megatron and Optimus Prime's voices in different transformers series....he's the only one who's ever done both. I've loved him since Gundam Wing as well.

On a side note: Monica Stori (Kagome's voice) does two characters in Gundam Wing. And the voice of Zechs Marquis is done by one of the Dobson brothers ( one did Naraku's voice, not sure if it's the same one).......i watch waaaaayyyyyyy too much anime.

Logged Logged
RosyPaths
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 8
It was Hugo Weaving voicing Megatron in the two live action movies, not Kaye.

Logged Logged
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 15
RosyPaths wrote:

Whoa, hey, you're right! LOL, goes to show how little I pay attention to the credits. Kaye did the TV series (multiple ones) so I just assumed it was him in the movies too.

Weaving was that voice? I love that actor! I guess I love him even more now.

Logged Logged

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 40
another note: I believe kaye was in one of the x-men series as well, i think one of the newer ones.

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 20
DaiyoukaiGeisha wrote:
RosyPaths wrote:

Whoa, hey, you're right! LOL, goes to show how little I pay attention to the credits. Kaye did the TV series (multiple ones) so I just assumed it was him in the movies too.

Weaving was that voice? I love that actor! I guess I love him even more now.

I too am a Weaving fan [ that deep voice again- gets me every time] but to me he shall always be Elrond of Imladris[Rivendell] .

I loved the television series transformers [ D-man got me hooked back in the day ] and I thought that the voices for Megatron and Optimus were done electronically....until I discovered that it was a real actor . David is very versatile , and I just love it when I catch him doing on camera appearances in movies and television. Man! It's unfair that he is so hot looking AND possesses that sinful voice. Women just don't stand a chance...

Logged Logged
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
RosyPaths wrote:

Not in the live action movies...in two separate tv series. I didn't say that right....

Logged Logged
Lady Hiroko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I found that out a long time ago, but I was floored nonetheless when I did. Inuyasha was the 3rd anime I watched. The first being Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X--though I didn't think it was anime at the time, just another cartoon). My 2nd was Dragon Ball Z. Then Yu-Gi-Oh!

I much prefer anime over regular cartoons. But David Kaye tops as my favorite voice actor. Rock on David Kaye! Rock on!

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Revelation!! 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 31
toranushi23 wrote:
.......i watch waaaaayyyyyyy too much anime.

One can never watch too many of them. NEVAH! Ahahahahaha!

Anywho, I actually knew very little about the different voice acting he's done, until now. I knew he did Megatron, from that video that ha been posted with Sessh and Megatron in their apartment. XD Find out something new everyday.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.