Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Kagome's Hearbreak
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Kagome's Hearbreak
FleetingDream
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I enjoy a angsty Kagome to some extent...when she grows stronger as a person do to said heartbreak or whatever the case, I love it. One of the authors who I think does Kagome best is Resmiranda.

I admire and hold a great deal of respect for her ability to tie fictional characters to reality. I would recommend ANY of her stories to anybody who wanted to read a fanficton with real emotions and believable ones.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/06/12 04:40 By FleetingDream. Reason: I shouldn't have said she does Kagome "the" best rather I meant one of the best
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 33
I have to admit that I like the angsty Kagome a lot. She is a bit of a soft person in the anime therefore I think she would take a lot of time to come out of herself after a breakup. I don't like it when she immediately runs into Sessy's or Kouga's or whomever else's arms. It just isn't plausible

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 27
I have to agree with almost everyone's opinion. With the things Kagome has dealt with she is strong emotionally but it is obvious that the author can do anything and so long as it is believeable and fits the plot I will most likely accept it.

That being said... I can't agree that Kagome would push aside major trama easily. If she is raped or see many people die I don't think she should be able to bounce back so easily.

Logged Logged

Walter205
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 52
As far as she would react Canon-wise, I think the closest she and Inuyasha came to breaking up would be a good example. She was crying quite a bit, and seemed lost until Mama came back from the grocery store and had a talk with her.

I think, provided she has a shoulder to lean on, that she'll do fine from a breakup, provided it isn't violent, but that she will cry quite a bit.

Logged Logged

DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Amen, Fleeting. You've said it all.

As long as the reaction is rational and believable; it all just depends. Though I do love it when she becomes stronger from said break ups.

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
I don't know if this has been discussed before but what are your thoughts on how Kagome should react to a bad break up? Do you think she should cry and retreat into herself for a little bit and ends up underfed and pale skinned with no sleep until Sesshomaru finally brings her out of her shell (but it takes a while for that to happen) Or should she grieve for a little bit and slowly get over it and then after that she becomes stronger and a totally different person but still has quirks of her old self.

For me it depends of on the story but usually I prefer her to grieve a little but but with the help of close friends and her family she gets over it and becomes stronger and more independent. I love stories where she decides enough is enough and she can't always rely on people to do things for her. She resolves to finish school and pass all her classes, get some kind of training, and she no longer is naive about the world.

So what are your thoughts?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/05/26 19:41 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Couldntbekeener3
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I totally agree with FleetingDream. IT just has to be believable.

Logged Logged
FleetingDream
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
As stated by Danyealle-sama, my view depends entirely on the author and how she/he sells their pitch...if it fits into the plot and I can believe the emotions and connect them with reality then I am content, however...

I tend to stray from the following, non-believable outcome:

Act 1: "Oh, Inuyasha! My light, my world, my pine smelling love...who am I now, what am I. I can't go on for he was everthing," Kagome faints sheepishly, hand placed to her forehead in a theatrical display of despair and falls to the floor.

Act 2: Kagome peeks open a eye after hearing a faint noise to see Inuyasha's older brother, Sesshoumaru staring at her falling form. With her hottie senses alerted, the slighted miko is revived hopping to her feet and amazingly cured from heartbreak within the spam of three seconds. And they live happily every after.

I get nauseous with such fast paced feelings and unexplainable ones.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Kagome's Hearbreak 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 91
It entirely depends on the story and the premise for it. I usually take a bit of a dramlistic, angsty route because of circumstances i use in my plots (I torture her a bit and admit it). But, if it's a normal breakup, i would go with a typical response for a bit then her pulling herself out it of and becoming stronger. But it would depend on the circumstances.

As a side note to this: I toy with the idea of what it would take for the strong being she is to completely pull her down or take her apart. It's an interesting concept...

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Kame Hime
Pup
graphgraph
Starlyte, that's what I was thinking exactly!

Logged Logged
Starlyte
Pup
graphgraph
Kame Hime wrote:
I'd like to think Kagome's stronger than to remain a grief-stricken shell until Fluffy comes along. Sure, she's a romantic who kept going back to Inuyasha in the anime, but if she didn't have a hidden strength, I don't think she would have been able to keep up with both her lives in Tokyo and in the Feudal Era.

So, uh, yeah. I like the strong-willed, cry a little Kagome.

I completely agree, i enjoy reading the stories where Kagome is not so fragile the most! After all she does protect Shippo fiercely and she's always there for her friends, and even puts up with all of Inuyasha's crap, which is gotta show how strong she is mentally/emotionally!

So thats what i think, if it helps?!

Logged Logged

** Everything shines when its blessed with sTaRrLyTe**
Kame Hime
Pup
graphgraph
I'd like to think Kagome's stronger than to remain a grief-stricken shell until Fluffy comes along. Sure, she's a romantic who kept going back to Inuyasha in the anime, but if she didn't have a hidden strength, I don't think she would have been able to keep up with both her lives in Tokyo and in the Feudal Era.

So, uh, yeah. I like the strong-willed, cry a little Kagome.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.