Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Author and Readers: You can't have one without ...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Author and Readers: You can't have one without ...
Angelic Memories
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 27
Wynter I think you made sense....

I tend to be an author that forgets to look at reviews right away. I leave them for a bit usually and then remember to go check them after a while.

As for reviewing... I don't have as much time to read, but when I do I always leave some sort of comment for any story I really like or a story I see that has potential and needs help. Perhaps I should try to read and review more over the summer... it will be my latest goal!

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Thats a great goal!
What your doing right now is amazing as well.

All of you are amazing for taking time out of your day to leave a review! okay i am repeating myself and i am stating the obvious now, but its nice to hear possitive encouragement for doing something good!

Any Suggestions on how to get this going?

Do you want an actual group/community/guild system going on or just talk about this and do it indiviually.

thoughts, suggestions, I'd love to hear them all!

Logged Logged
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Sessylove219

You have a great point. A lot of people know or read/post on more then one site.
Its understandable since This site is rather new. How I miss A.S.S.

I also know that there are somedays when your reading a story and your interupted and you forget to review, dont worry your not a villian! Sometimes I forget to review and jump straight into fic hopping. *doudges stray soda cans* I know I'm a great example, the reason I am saying this is that its okay to forget once in a while, but its nice to show how you appreaciate (sp) the authors hard work. infact i should be working on a new chapter and betaing some works... lol... *hides behind a HUGE rock* "haha you can't catch me!"

Back to the point. The purpose of this is not to make you feel like crap if you dont review every single story you read. As long as you give a review we are happy!

On the reviwers side, I think awards should be given to you based on how many reviews you give and quality. But thats just me and It'll never happen. Although I think your reward is knowing that you've made someones day. Which i am still hoping for! lol

Did i make any sense. should I ramble on.

Logged Logged
Sessylove219
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 33
I am totally with you on this one. I check my stories for readership/reviews about a billion times a day. It is strange, because some stories on here don't get many reviews, but then I have stories on other sites with over 200 reviews. People have to understand that there are a lot of the same readers on the various sites, so you can't expect someone to review the same story/chapter on every single site you post on.

That being said, I am making an effort to review every story that I read. It is only fair, after all!

Logged Logged

Sessylove219 claimed Sesshoumaru\'s fundoushi in the Claim game! Hands off!
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
I feel like a dictator on this. buahahaha *cough* haha...

Your right ToWriteLoveOnAPage!

Its pretty cool to be funny in reviews as well, I wrote quite a few of them, and as long as the author knows your not trying to offend then everything is great! I'd give some examples of my reviews, but Its something shared between the author -who ever reads the reviews- and yourself. And if i did share them, that will take away from the point I am trying to make.

I feel like I should say this.

Thanks for all the support EVERYONE! If i don't say this I'd feel like i'd have to do it after every response... lol...

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
I always write a comment on people's profiles when they review on this site and I always respond to ff.net ones too. I've never actually gotten a flame, just one review that said I said "lord of the east" instead of "lord of the west" by mistake, but if I ever did get a flame, I would just ignore it.

If you don't like a story, don't read it anymore, don't demean the author.

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
I've had a faily good following. Hardly any flames. But there was a few, but I laughed them off.

I admit I also do that too. I even check to see how many people read the last chapter and compare it to how many reviews. Its sad. currently -I am in stalker mode- there where 50 people who read the last chapter and no reviews. ouch it hurts.

Heres another issue:

There are authors who are god-like, whom have 200,300+ jump to 1000+ reviews!
I'll use myself as an example of a reader who is blown away by the story and seeing that the author has so many reviews, I think that mine would be insiginicant. I will therefore not bother.

No matter how you might feel about your review being insignificant, its not. Authors love reading reviews and you just might make their day!

Authors also once in a while respond to their reviews. I dont want to get any hopes up. I currently dont know how to at this time on this site, but some do. I do it on my Fanfiction.net.

So is my charm in encouragement working? XD

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 15
Lol, I check my stories for reviews like a beast too. I think it might be some sort of disorder...

Logged Logged

“It is impolite to stare, miko,” he said, his smile gone, bringing Kagome back down to earth.

Oh, hello earth, how are you? She addressed the planet in a daze. Just got back from whatever parallel universe I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d fallen into, did you know Sesshoumaru smiles there? Weird.

~Of Gods and Demons
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 277
I must be the strangest "author" ever. I wrote three drabbles, posted two, and never remember to look at reviews. Every once in a while, I'll see something in my profile about someone reading them and go, "Wow, why on earth would they have read that?"

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Oh my gosh...I think I have OCD because I'm always checking my stories for reviews and my profile for messages and comments every. single. day. I just love to read what people think. I don't do great with negative stuff though....because I turn emo and I don't post anything, review stories, and I'm in a geniunely horrible mood.

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Brain food is good!

Just out of curiousity. I persoanlly stalk my stories waiting for the next review... I am just wondering if I i am the only one who does so? Its a result of seeking aproval.

Suggestions on how to get this going are welcome.

Here is my suggestion: give a review and mention this disscusion and maybe it will grab the attention of the author.

I know that like all things, if this is going to work WE have to work on it. Nothing will get done unless WE do it. Think of that pile of dirty dishes your dreeding to do, but once your finished your rewarded with a sense of full-fillment.

I should just call myself a Rambling Rose (Nat King Cole)

Logged Logged
MiserablySweet
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 13
I agree too =)

Reviews fuel the imagination!

And brainfood...

(nods)

brainfood is a must!

Logged Logged
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
I went a little over my head, but I think this is for a good cause.
If anyone wants to talk to me personaly your free too. I hope my email information is viewable.

Besides that.

I went to the Iyfanguild and posted a message similar to the one i posted here, Thus the "in over my head" bit. But I am also happy that I did.

I read the "reviews" posted by knifethrower and after reading that, I am encouraged to continue with this venure.

I will be more then Greatful if you(reader) pass on the word.

Logged Logged
Kirai
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 34
I'm with you. I try to leave a review ever time I read someone's story just to let them know I appreciate their abilities. And personally, I do get discouraged when I find myself without reviews, it makes it seem like people don't like what they are reading when you find yourself without 'em. SO... with you 100% and beyond!! *cheeky smile*

Logged Logged

I OWN SESSHOMARUS ARMOUR!! Nah nah nah nah nah nah!!

Master Pie Maker with my awesomely special Pie Crossbow

Ongoing Challenges:
Funny Edible Oneshot(not for YIMs!
I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant
Christmas Rumours
Switching Genders
Dirty Secret Challenge
Kirai\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Neverending Title Challenge
Frozen
Past Love Challenge
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Thank you for the support!

Logged Logged
Wynter89
Pup
graphgraph
Author and Readers: You can't have one without ... 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Fellow Authors and Reader,

As an author and a reader which I am sure a good majority of Dokuga memembers are, I propose we push forward a movement.

This maybe naive of me and their is a high possiblity of it not pulling through, but my main concern is to bring to this to your attention.

Authors and Readers are mainly what this site mainly consists of. I highly doubt authors would post their works if no one read them, which leads me to the issues of reviews.

To those of you who review, your a blessing to authors all over! To those who don't, I want you to know this is not an attack. There are several reasons as to why you would not leave a review, it could be anything and no blame is going on your head. If you have the ability to leave a review, even if its a simple, "great story!" or "Update soon!" Then please do!

I can only speak for myself but I am pretty sure that at lot of authors are motovated by reading someones thoughts and concerns.

The 'Movement' I have been talking about is to create a community of authors/betas/readers who want to motovate authors to continue on writing, to encourage new authors to explore and reach their potential and to create a closer bond between us.

I hope this is not just my naivity talking, but I really hopes this pulls through, even if its a small group of people.

Everyone Have a great day.
Wynter89

Thank you for listening!

Logged Logged
ToWriteLoveOnAPage
Whelp
graphgraph
yay, I agree

Logged Logged

~Of Gods and Demons
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.