Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can you adapt stories without permission?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can you adapt stories without permission?
Nery
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Someone is publishing stories that are not yours
The stories are adapted to Spanish.
My English is bad, excuse me if you don't understand.

This user is publishing in Spanish
www.wattpad.com/user/Theblacklady07/about

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 171
Is this person passing the stories off as their own? Even if they’re not, and are just translating them into Spanish you need permission to do that.

Logged Logged
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 24
I see there's a story by Kayelyn on that whattpad account (Sucedió una Noche = It Happened one Night, rated MA, no YIMS).
The first one, Culpa, seems to be written by the user. The other oneshot, Sueños Húmedos, is a oneshot from someone else, though the user doesn't say who's the original writer. I'm gonna do some digging and see what I find, but I recommend someone asks Kayelyn is she gave permission for her oneshot to be translated into spanish.

Nery, si tienes alguna duda o quieres hacer algún comentario en inglés y no estás segura, puedes pedirme ayuda con la traducción para que te sea más fácil hacerte entender y comunicarte con el resto del grupo

EDIT: I just saw she has one of Madison stories there too, Blood Stained (rated MA, no YIMS)
Sangre Manchada. DOes anyone know if Madison gives permision to have her stories translated?
I still can't find who is the original writter of Sueños Húmedos (maybe it's a tumblr story? or facebook?).

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/02/25 21:39 By Fye.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
I'm quite sure that Madison didn't give permission to anyone to translate her stories into Spanish. If she had, it would have been to a Spanish-speaker she knows, like JeniNeji.

I have no clue how to get Wattpad to down anything, so I'd suggest it's up to each individual author to request deletion. Gosh, I wish people would stop assuming that, just because something is in another language, or unfinished, or untouched for years, it's okay to wander off and post it as your own.

~~Wiccan~~
PS - The answer to the thread question, officially on Dokuga, is NO. You cannot adapt any stories from this site without the expressed permission of the author. You should get a note from said author stating that you have the right to adapt their original/transformative work. Unless you do that, if you are found posting another person's work in part or in whole on this site, it will be summarily deleted. My apologies if the following translation is bad, I don't speak much Spanish:

En Espanol:

Estoy bastante seguro de que Madison no dio permiso a nadie para traducir sus historias al español. Si lo hubiera hecho, habría sido para un hispanohablante que ella conoce, como JeniNeji.

No tengo idea de cómo hacer que Wattpad reduzca nada, por lo que sugeriría que cada autor solicite la eliminación. Dios mío, desearía que la gente dejara de suponer eso, solo porque algo está en otro idioma, o está inacabado, o no ha sido tocado durante años, está bien alejarse y publicarlo como propio.
:enojado:
~~ Wiccan ~~
PD: la respuesta a la pregunta del hilo, oficialmente en Dokuga, es NO. No puede adaptar ninguna historia de este sitio sin el permiso expreso del autor. Debería recibir una nota de dicho autor que indique que tiene derecho a adaptar su trabajo original / transformador. A menos que lo haga, si se le encuentra publicando el trabajo de otra persona en parte o en su totalidad en este sitio, se eliminará sumariamente. Mis disculpas si la siguiente traducción es mala, no hablo mucho español...

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 156
I was alerted last year someone had uploaded Chain on Wattpad and I found the site pretty easy to deal with. They have a guide and all on how to file a DMCA claim and once I filed one it was responded to pretty quickly and the reupload of Chain was taken down.

The guide there also details how you can report the story if you're not yourself the author.

Logged Logged
Nery
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years ago Karma: 0
It has more than 20 stories that do not belong to it.

Logged Logged
LibraCourt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years ago Karma: 2
This person has taken mine as well. I have joined the site just to report this user and I wrote to everyone who commented on my story that this person was a thief and taking stories that weren’t there’s. Personally messaged them about being a story thief. And commented out in the open for all their followers to see that they are a story thief. Hopefully this helps everyone whose had their stories stolen by this user.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/03/24 01:28 By LibraCourt. Reason: More info
LibraCourt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 4 Years ago Karma: 2
Alright everyone. I have gotten a hold of Theblacklady07. They claimed they tried messaging me, but it didn’t work, then claimed that their old and their kids need to help them. But I’ve told them to delete any story they don’t have written consent for.

I will monitor this as best I can.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2020/03/24 01:55 By LibraCourt. Reason: Adding comment.
LibraCourt
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Can you adapt stories without permission? 3 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 2
Done, dealt with, the account it’s gone and the user will have to have evidence that they were in the right. So for now everything is resolved.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.