Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Following the theme of art theft
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Following the theme of art theft
Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Following the theme of art theft 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I have this doubt that has bothered me since the problem with people who publish the art of others without permission and without granting the corresponding credit began.

In the case of an artist who is no longer active for years and there is no way to contact by other means such as: email, would it look bad if I share his art? Even if I put the link to your website and the credit it deserves? Because it happens that there are many SessKag works that I would like to share, but the authors have not shown signs of activity for years, in which I was barely old enough to use a computer.

I want to know what to do in cases like these, to avoid problems and not offend anyone.

Again, excuse my bad English, I need help to learn the language.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Following the theme of art theft 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
Wow, that is a tough question!

Since it has never come up that I remember, all the way back to 2008 when this site started, I'm not sure how to handle it. I know that we won't allow people to finish stories where we are unable to reach the author for permission, but I'm not sure how to handle allowing posting of fanart where it is impossible to contact the artist.

I am going to try to contact sugar0o, who lurks sometimes and still acts as our fanart Administrator, just to see what she thinks. Hopefully she can help us with this!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Queen Bloody
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Following the theme of art theft 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
It's okay, I will wait! And yes, I understand that it is a bit complicated subject, but it is something that does not let me sleep, I do not want to break any rules or bother anyone, so I need to know what to do

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.