Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sesshomaru
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sesshomaru
Shelly
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sesshomaru 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 31
Doses sesshomaru have a home, house or something? He is a lord of the western lands. He should live some where.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru 4 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 41
Rumiko, herself, apparently stated that he does not have a home. If I remember, correctly, she figured he may have a den/dens somewhere he rests at (correct me on that if I'm wrong), but he has no palace or anything.

His mother, however, DOES have a palace. I like to believe he is meant to live in the palace but he didn't want to hang around his mom, so he is wandering until either she's gone or he feels ready to take control of it.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
I mean there is really nothing in the canon saying Sesshoumaru is the Lord of the Western Lands so he could very well just be enjoying the life of a nomad.

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 41
Chie wrote:
I mean there is really nothing in the canon saying Sesshoumaru is the Lord of the Western Lands so he could very well just be enjoying the life of a nomad.

This is very true. The word "Lord" as his title is strictly an English translation and has been used for many characters who weren't lords. It's similar to how Miroku would commonly call Kagome "Lady Kagome" but she is not a Lady in regards to royalty. In Japanese, the title used is "sama" which is used for anyone of a higher authority. Not necessarily royalty. Lord and Lady were just the simplest translations for the title.

Logged Logged
Shelly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
So is the western land his? Or is it just another Japanese/English thing?

And thank you for answering my question.

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
It is a widely accepted belief in the fandom that Sesshoumaru is the Lord of the Western Lands and/or governs them and it's much used in fics.

But again, there is not really anything to support it in the actual canon of the series.
The whole Lord of Western Lands thing comes from a reference to Inu no Taishou early on in the series. And I think part of the confusion could've been because of translation but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Here's a bit of Trivia written on the Inuyasha Wikia's page on Sesshoumaru's father (not the most reliable source, perhaps, I grant you that) :
Many fans refer to him as Lord of the Western Lands; however, such a designation appears nowhere in any incarnation of the series. He was never stated to have any land holdings or official political power other than holding the title of "General" and being "based in the western provinces". After Sesshoumaru discovered that his father had intended for Tenseiga to be re-absorbed by Tessaiga, he lamented that this meant that his father intended to "leave him with nothing," indicating that Tenseiga was his sole inheritance from his father, and he did not inherit any land, title, or followers.

Logged Logged
Shelly
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
It sad that he isn't aristocratic, and wealthy. Maybe, the western land is his territory. Like wolfs and dogs have territories. I don't think he would have gotten his territory and den from his father.
Also, I'll go read the page about Toga (Sesshomaru father).

Thanks

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 41
That's the fun thing about fanfics. You can do whatever you want. I mean, SessKag isn't canon, but we write it anyway! If you want Sesshoumaru to be Lord of a domain, then by all means, you read about it, write about it, believe in it. Your imagination is your world to rule!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Avi wrote:
That's the fun thing about fanfics. You can do whatever you want. I mean, SessKag isn't canon, but we write it anyway! If you want Sesshoumaru to be Lord of a domain, then by all means, you read about it, write about it, believe in it. Your imagination is your world to rule!

Exactly. Does not matter if it's canon or not, we're free to do what we want!

Besides, like Avi said earlier, Sesshoumaru's mother has a castle and looks plenty aristocratic to me. So while he might not be a titled lord, I still see Sesshoumaru as an aristocrat. And it would certainly make sense for youkai to have different territories, too.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.