Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fandom Appreciation Week
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Fandom Appreciation Week
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fandom Appreciation Week 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
While getting ready to host SessKag Week 2019, I figured it would be nice to have a different kind of fandom event - one where everyone and not just the creators could participate.

Thus, the Fandom Appreciation Week was born!

When: First week of June - Sun 2nd of June till Sat 8th of June!

Where: On Tumblr hosted by the SessKag blog

How it works:
    - Every day of the week will have a different theme. A prompt post featuring the day's theme and submission format will go up on Tumblr every day at midnight (GMT/UTC+1) and here on Dokuga as a reply on this thread some hours later.
    - People can submit works fitting to the day's theme and these submissions will then be posted on the blog!
    - After the week is over, I will gather the submissions up for master lists.

Themes:
    Day 1: Favourite completed fic
    Day 2: SessKag Songs
    Day 3: Favourite one shot
    Day 4: SessKag headcanons
    Day 5: Favourite on-going fic
    Day 6: Favourite fan art
    Day 7: Giving thanks

You do not need to have a Tumblr account in order to submit to the blog!
If you're submitting anonymously you need to give your name/nick and an e-mail address but this information will not show up publicly and will not be used for anything; it is simply an anti-spam measure.
I've tested this out myself and when I published the submission I'd sent in while logged out, it only said "anonymous submitted to sesskag" so your contact information will only be visible to me while the submission is waiting in the inbox to be posted. And I have better things to do than start spamming you all so no need to worry!

Hope to see many of you participate and shower the SessKag fandom with love and support and appreciation!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/05/17 05:41 By Chie. Reason: added some bolding
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fandom Appreciation Week 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 156
Fandom appreciation week is now here!!

Day 1 - Favourite Completed Fic

What are some of your favourite multi-chapter / serial fan fics that are complete?

Submit your fav fics and please use the following format when sending in your recs:

Title:
Author:
Rating:
Summary:
Link:
Why I like it: (optional!)

When submitting also please select the appropriate tags! (fic recs, sesskag faw 2019, sesskag faw day1)

Feel free to include multiple recs in your submission/ask!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Day 2 - SessKag Songs

Are there any songs that remind you of SessKag?

Submit your song recs and please use the following format when sending in your recs:

Title:
Artist:
Link (optional):
Why it reminds me of SessKag: (optional!)

When submitting also please select the appropriate tags! (music, sesskag faw 2019, sesskag faw day2)

Feel free to include multiple recs in your submission!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/06/03 00:56 By Chie. Reason: minor formatting
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Day 3 - Favourite One Shot

What are some of your favourite one shots?

Submit your fav one shots and please use the following format when sending in your recs:

Title:
Author:
Rating:

Summary (optional):
Link:
Why I like it: (optional!)

When submitting also please select the appropriate tags! (fic recs, sesskag faw 2019, sesskag faw day3)

Logged Logged
sesshomarupatrick
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Fandom Appreciation Week 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 26
I was confused about Theme and Day 1 on Day 3. I didn't know that until I submitted my opinion, but it wasn't until I read the new form today(now..) that I realized I had made a mistake ;( I'm sorry it's too late to fix it, but I saw a lot of great fan fiction and songs recommended. If possible, I wish there were a few more themes. Well, not everyone does, but I think people may have their favorite fan fiction for each genre.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/06/04 11:35 By sesshomarupatrick.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fandom Appreciation Week 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 156
I noticed you submitted a one shot on day 1 but sadly only after I had already published the post lol. So it was my bad too, otherwise I could've waited to publish your submission only today! Thank you so much for sending in the submission! ^__^

You are free to send in as many recommendations as you want though, the more the merrier! Maybe if I'll do a similar event later on I'll try different themes that time.

I wanted to include other things than just fics though, so the themes were limited because of that

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/06/04 11:53 By Chie.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Also late submissions are also welcome! So if you can think of something suiting day 1 or day 2's theme you can still send them in!

I'll be making masterlists of all the submissions and posting them on Sunday so as long you send your submissions before then you're all good!!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Day 4 - SessKag Headcanons

Do you have any SessKag headcanons that you would like to share?

Submit your headcanons or send an ask!

If your headcanons are long, please only send in one headcanon per submission/ask!

When submitting also please select the appropriate tags! (headcanon, sesskag faw 2019, sesskag faw day4)

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Day 5 - Favourite On-going Fic

What are some of your favourite multi-chapter or serial fan fics that are still/currently on-going?

Submit your fav fics and please use the following format when sending in your recs:

Title:
Author:
Rating:
Summary:
Link:
Why I like it:
(optional!)

When submitting also please select the appropriate tags! (fic recs, sesskag faw 2019, sesskag faw day5)

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Day 6 - Favourite Fan Art

What are some of your favourite pieces of SessKag fan art?

Submit your fav art and please use the following format when sending in your recs:

Title (optional):
Artist:
Link:
Why I like it (optional):

Please include a warning for any NSFW art!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Final day, people! We're still welcoming submissions to other days' themes today too, so if you've come up with something for one of the previous days you can still send it in!

Day 7 - Giving Thanks
This is your chance to give thanks to all the creators and members in the SessKag fandom!

You can give thanks by leaving comments/reviews on fanworks you have enjoyed or by privately messaging the members of the SessKag fandom you appreciate or want to give thanks to!

If you want, you can submit us messages to the people of your choice! Please use the following format when sending in your messages:

@[Tumblrhandle] or [Nickname of the person]
Link to their profile if not on Tumblr (optional!)
Your Message:

Feel free to include messages to multiple people in your submission/ask!

And again for you Dokuga folk, this day you don't need to send in a submission if you don't want to, approaching the people you wish to thank directly or via a comment or review will also be very welcome!

Thank you so much to everyone who's participated so far and I'll be posting masterlists of all your recs tomorrow!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
A HUGE thank you for everyone who submitted their recs and headcanons and songs, without you this event would’ve been nothing so thank you so much for participating!

To wrap up FAW, masterlists of all your submissions will be posted on the SessKag blog today.

It has been a fun week and hopefully we can hold a Fandom Appreciation Week again one day!

Before then though, I’d like to remind you guys that if you want to show appreciation for the creators and their fanworks even after FAW is over, there is still a week left to nominate fanworks for the 1st quarter of feudalconnection‘s Inuyasha fandom awards!!

More information about the awards such as the rules and how to nominate art and fics can be found here!

And also please stay tuned for SessKag Week in July!

Thank you again for making FAW amazing!!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.