Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
i'm embarrassed to ask.... but....
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: i'm embarrassed to ask.... but....
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
i'm embarrassed to ask.... but.... 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
I, phishbon3s, have a question that has been plaguing me for years since A Single Spark leveled up into Dokuga.

I stand (metaphorically) here and beseech the glorious Mods to grant me the wisdom of this lowly one burning question.

(which I imagine to be something similar to asking Deep Thought the answer to life, universe and everything in Hitchhiker's Guide)

How did Dokuga get its name?

If my lovely mods will grant me a few follow-up questions:
What does it mean?
Am I the only one who doesn't know?

Logged Logged

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:i'm embarrassed to ask.... but.... 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 21
I forget the whole story but I'm fairly certain that Dokuga was a yahoo group during the time that spark was alive and well. When spark was fixing to go inactive the mods of the dokuga group offered to take over. If my memory is right the rest as they say is history. Course im sure ive glossed over most of the facts and one of our lovely mods will probably come in and fill in/correct me. Hope this helps a little!

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:i'm embarrassed to ask.... but.... 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 277
The word "Dokuga" does have a meaning, but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was. I believe that Miss Kagura & Demonlordlover came up with it when they started the Yahoo!Group. A Single Spark was still up and running when Miss Kagura started this website, though. It wasn't until later that 'Spark went down & Miss K offered to host the 'Spark archive here. ~Winter~ - the owner of A Single Spark - graciously allowed Miss K to roll it into Dokuga as a separate archive.

I'll check with my sources to see if I can find out what the name means... but it might take a while, since I'm at work.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:i'm embarrassed to ask.... but.... 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 66
According to a few websites, the word dokuga is roughly translated to poison, so it kinda made sense to have Dokuga as the name of this website, since Fluffy-sama has poison claws. *shrugs*

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2017/12/01 12:03 By DemonQueen17.

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:i'm embarrassed to ask.... but.... 6 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 156
Yup, afaik doku is Japanese for poison. My dictionary translates dokuga to poison fang, so I'm pretty sure it's an allusion to Sesshoumaru / his abilities.

Logged Logged
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:i'm embarrassed to ask.... but.... 6 Years ago Karma: 31
The phishy thanks everyone for the responded.
I also would like to apologize for the long over due thank you. The phishy's little spawns have been keeping her quite busy. (Huge understatement, but I digress)

<-(((-<

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2019/11/24 22:29 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

forthright
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:i'm embarrassed to ask.... but.... 6 Years ago Karma: 32
Yep, I remember when everything was set up. Demonlordlover chose the name, saying it meant "poison fang" as a reference to His Lordship's poison claws and sword-carrying combo.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.