Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
fic help
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: fic help
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
fic help 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
hey i was wondering how people in the Feudal era told dates, do they tell them like Month-day-year or do they do something different

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:fic help 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Though I'm not entirely sure, for Warriors of the West, which is an AU that takes place entirely in the feudal era, I use the seasons, moon cycles and references to how many summers have passed for times and dates. I don't believe that they used months and days of the week that far back, but I could be wrong. You're best bet would probably be to keep it vague...beginning of spring, mid fall, late winter and the like. To break it down more in a month, research moon cycles and use those.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/12/28 16:59 By Hairann.

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Nefret
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fic help 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 12
To my knowledge, the Gregorian calendar wasn't adopted in Japan into the 1800s, so they would have been using a Lunisolar Calendar (adapted from the Chinese, who got it from the Koreans). There's some interesting information about the history of the Japanese calendar here.

Logged Logged
Kira Cross
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:fic help 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9
thanks you guys i think i have it, although i am not sure if the format is correct, but i think i will stick with it, your advice really helped

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.