Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga]
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga]
Mikaela
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
Remember It's a Rumic World - a Rumiko Takahashi anime/manga based convention - that happened about a year ago in Japan? Well, they showed a thirty minute InuYasha "show" entiled Kuroi Tessaiga, or "Black Tetsusaiga." As far as anyone was concerned, what was shown there wasn't to be released to the public. The InuYasha OVA was, apparently, to be a treat for whomever attended the convention.

But now, a year later, those who didn't go are getting a treat of their own.

[if the video has been removed by the time you get here, sorry ^.^;]

That link above is a teaser for Kuroi Tessaiga. And this...
www.tudou.com/programs/view/x01Unxkm4Qg/
is a link to the trailer for a DVD release of Kuroi Tessaiga and other showings that happened at the convention (Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2).

The DVD release date in Japan is January 29th, 2010 (preorder date October 15th, 2009). The listed price is 19,950 yen (that might be wrong - the information comes from this thread: inuyashagoya.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=anime&action=display&thread=286&page=2 ). In US dollars, that's $200 (again, I might be wrong).

Damn.

But hey, it's more Inu-Yasha! And Sesshomaru, of course ^.^;

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 15
Woot! I've only been able to watch the exceptionally crummy torrent of this from the convention. A DVD release in Japan means chances are high someone will make a fansub available for English! YAY!

Of course, I really hope they release the DVD with English sub/dub at some point, but I don't have much hope of that happening in 2010. I'll take the fansub in the meantime tho!

Thanks for the info, karma for you!

Logged Logged

::::::::::::::::
I like to have a martini, Two at the very most.
After three Im under the table, after four Im under my host.
- Dorothy Parker
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 18
man... once again i wish i spoke japanese. lol

Logged Logged
Rikayu
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 40
gah you're right DG. that IS around $200 bucks. o.o

Logged Logged

-Banner by the lovely, Priestess Skye

I claimed Miroku`s Staff in the Claiming Game!
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 15
The subtitles look like Chinese characters. I think I may be able to translate it into English since I'm bilingual.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/07/30 17:59 By AmEva.

I would like some critical feedback on my pseudo-fic, Catch and Keep
Mikaela
Pup
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
That would be absolutely amazing of you.

Logged Logged
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Inuyasha: Sesshomaru, are you crazy?

Sesshomaru: I want you to draw your sword.

Group: Sesshomaru, are you going to fight Inuyasha?

Jaken: Thank you, Sesshomaru-sama! Wonderful! Teach Inuyasha a lesson for not respecting your supremacy!

[Sesshomaru draws his sword]

Inuyasha: Keh! You’re still not over Tetsusaiga?

[Sess attacks]

Inuyasha: So you’re serious. Well, in that case, I’m not backing down either!

[Inu draws sword]

[Sess’s sword glows]

[Inuyasha growls, and then tries to use the Wind Scar]

K, that's all I have translated for now. I'll continue later on.

Logged Logged

DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Cool, thank you for the translation Amethyst. Karma for you!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/08/02 16:37 By DaiyoukaiGeisha.

- Dorothy Parker
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 66
Karma on the translation. Looking forward to more.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
Translation

Part Two

___

[Inuyasha attempts to use Wind Scar, but it fails]

<Group> Shippo: Tetsusaiga won’t produce Wind Scar!

[Sesshomaru’s sword stops glowing. It pulses and then transforms into Tetsusaiga]

Inuyasha: Tenseiga looks like—

[Sesshomaru attacks with Wind Scar]

Sesshomaru: Wind Scar!!!

[Inuyasha gets blasted]

Inuyasha: (Sorry, this line was too blurred to translate)

[Sesshomaru stands back after attacking]

{Different Scene}

[Twin Tetsusaiga clashes in a battle of force. Inuyasha growls]

Sesshomaru: I will destroy your weakness!

[Sesshomaru throws Inuyasha back through the force of his Tetsusaiga]

[Inuyasha crashes but lands on his feet]

Sesshomaru: I will dispose of both Tetsusaiga and Tenseiga! Let me see the evidence!

[Inuyasha gets himself together.]

Inuyasha: (thinking) *Evidence?* (speaking) Heh, does this mean that if I win, you’ll give up?

Sesshomaru: Bring it.

[Sesshomaru attacks]

[Inuyasha resists the blow with his Tetsusaiga]

Sesshomaru: *Inuyasha, if you die, then it just proves that your abilities only go so far* [While Inuyasha continues to resist] *I, Sesshomaru will not go easy on you, now will I show mercy on your behalf*

[Inuyasha couldn’t hold back any longer. He is thrown off by the blast. He is sent hurling into purple abyss]

[Sesshomaru watches. Demons fly by him, adding to his flair]

---------

Sorry, couldn't help adding the last flair part ;P Part three will be coming soon! I just need to get the meanings close because what the Chinese subtitles say can be translated into very different lines in English.

Logged Logged

DaiyoukaiGeisha
*Supporter
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 15
AmEva wrote:

Sesshomaru: Bring it.

LOLz!!

[Sesshomaru watches. Demons fly by him, adding to his flair]

LOLz x 2!!!

More karma for you! >.<

Logged Logged

- Dorothy Parker
Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Thanks for the karma!

As much as I love David Kaye's godly voice, the English dub kind of dilutes Sesshomaru's cockiness.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/08/06 23:39 By AmEva.

Amethyst
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
[Gomen for the Double Post, but I have relevant information regarding Black Tetsusaiga!]

Below is the summary of the FULL Black Tetsusaiga OVA. I C+P it from
here and I thought I would like to share it. I did not type this so the summary credit does to landofthekwt.

Summary of Black Tetsusaiga from Inuyasha Companion Rumic World

What appears below the cut is a summary of Black Tetsusaiga, The 30 minute anime special which was shown at " Its a Rumic World" It does follow the manga partly, but seems to miss some of the point of the arc.

The point of the arc was that Sesshoumaru decides he does not need his father's swords anymore and will get by on his own. That is why he throws Tenseiga into the Meidou. It does not show how Inuyasha saves himself in the Meidou by trusting Tetsusaiga when it tells him to cut his youketsu when that should kill him.

The last irritating thing were two sits which were not in the manga. Kagome only sat Inuyasha twice in the manga after Kikyou dies. The anime directors just cannot control themselves when it comes to use of Osuwari.

Otherwise, it looks like it might be interesting to watch. I hope we can see it soon and that thye can add more episodes.

July 30, 2008

Black Tetsusaiga

Little is currently known about the new 30 minute animated special that debuts July 30th at the opening of Rumiko Takahashi's "It's a Rumic World!" art exhibition. The special is entitled "Kuroi Tetsusaiga" (Black Tetsusaiga), and based on this, it is most likely that the story will deal with the Meido Zangetsuha technique. The cast came in and recorded the vocal track on July 8th.

Purple fog clears slowly revealing Sesshomaru facing a large black orb filled with colors and disintigrating a man, Shishinki, who he has just bested. He suddenly thinks back to a conversation with Totosai at his father's grave. Byakuya appears in the present floating on a giant paper crane and says something to irritate Sesshomaru, causing him to attack him with the Meidou Zangetsuha, which he evades. He throws something at Sesshomaru, which he catches. It's a white flower that falls away to reveal a sharp shard of some kind.

Elsewhere, Inuyasha is arguing with Jaken and Shippo as Rin, Kohaku, Kagome, Miroku, Sango and Kirara eat lunch together in a field. Rin comments how delicious the lunch Kagome has made for them all is. Inuyasha makes his argument with Jaken too physical for Kagome's liking and she 'sits' him. Sesshomaru returns to the group, much to the delight of Rin and Jaken. There is a flashback to Kanna being blown away by an attack along with the mirror demon she summoned and Sesshomaru shocks everyone by drawing Tenseiga. Suddenly, Naraku's voice is heard, in an aside, plotting something as usual. Sesshomaru challenges Inuyasha to a duel.

Sesshomaru advances on Inuyasha and strikes as Inuyasha dodges the attack. He draws Tetsusaiga, but somehow Tenseiga steals its power and takes the form of the transformed Tetsusaiga. Byakuya appears, and everyone but Sesshomaru is shocked to see him. There is another flashback to Kanna as Byakuya talks. Sesshomaru says something about Naraku which prompts Rin to plead with him to avoid Naraku because of what he's done to Kohaku. Byakuya creates a circle around Sesshomaru and Inuyasha that transforms into a bubble around them, and floats into the air. The rest of the group can't see or hear what's going on with the brothers. Byakuya disappears just as Sango throws her boomerang.

The bubble encompassing Sesshomaru and Inuyasha is full of demons and miasma. The brothers argue and Sesshomaru attacks Inuyasha with the Kongosoha and Inuyasha uses Tetsusaiga's sheath to shield himself from the attack. Tenseiga turns red and Sesshomaru attacks Inuyasha again, knocking him back. Sesshomaru seems to taunt Inuyasha, as if he needs him to fight back, and strikes at his younger brother again, knocking him off the floating platforms and into the purple waters below. A small creature hovers nearby, Byakuya's right eye acting as an informant, and he reports everything he sees of the fight to Naraku, now a mass of parts encapsulated in an orb filled with miasma.

Back outside, the rest of the group worries about what is happening within the orb and the sky suddenly turns ominous, but it's just Totosai arriving. They quickly explain the situation to him, and he bonks his cow on the head, causing its eyes to broadcast what is going on inside the orb like film projector so the group can see what's happening. A large demon flies up out of the water toward Sesshomaru, who kills it with ease, revealing Inuyasha hiding behind it ready to attack. Kagome is especially worried to see that Inuyasha has transformed into a full demon, yet he still seems to have his own conciousness. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha attack each other, matching one another's strength, their swords causing sparks. Sesshomaru suddenly draws back and retreats slightly. Inuyasha quickly pursues him, and Sesshomaru attacks with a Wind Scar. Inuyasha sends his own wind Scar and it meets Sesshomaru's attack in mid-air. Miroku comments that he can't believe he's seeing two Wind Scar attacks against each other.

The attacks have created numerous twisters out of the swirling purple water within the orb, and the demons are being sucked into them. Inuyasha advances and Sesshomaru attacks with the Meido Zangetsuha, which Inuyasha is taken into. Byakuya reports this to Naraku, who seems very interested. Naraku sends a tentacle outside his bubble to poke into Byakuya's empty eye socket. Inside the black Meido, Inuyasha wonders how to get out. From outside it Sesshomaru seems to will Inuyasha with his mind into finding the way out, then after a minute throws Tenseiga into the black void after Inuyasha. As he does, Tetsusaiga changes, taking on a scaley appearance, and a large red swirl appears behind Inuyasha.

This seems to surprise Totosai slightly, which only worries the rest of the group. They seem uncertain about Inuyasha doing what he needs to in the situation. Back in his hut, Naraku and Byakuya accesses what is happening as well. Even inside the void, Sesshomaru wonders if Inuyasha can succeed. Inside the black ball, Inuyasha faces the swirl and strikes it with Tetsusaiga. From his hut, Naraku seems to scoff at Inuyasha for some reason. Inuyasha struggles with the red swirl as it begins to grow larger, nearly filling the black ball completely.

Totosai tells the rest of the group something about Tenseiga and Tetsusaiga needing to work together to reach their full potential. Naraku seems to know something, and smirks. Suddenly Inuyasha is struck by Tenseiga with no one wielding it. There is another flashback to Kanna's death, and Inuyasha is struck by giant shards shooting out from Tenseiga. Sesshomaru moves quickly, entering the black ball when he realizes something is going wrong. Naraku is controlling Tenseiga somehow, and as Sesshomaru goes to stop the sword, he sees Naraku's face in the blade, reminding him of something. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha fight one another again, Inuyasha still in demon mode and now full of giant shards of the blade. Somehow Inuyasha breaks Tenseiga in two. Tetsusaiga begins to glow bright yellow, which spreads to Inuyasha, changing him back to normal. Then Tetsusaiga turns black, shocking Inuyasha, just before he passes out from the miasma covered shards. Sesshomaru hears Naraku's voice as he pulls the shards from Inuyasha's back.

Back on the ground, Kagome begs Totosai to do something, but all they can do is wait. She and the rest of the group start calling to Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Inuyasha wakes to see Sesshomaru, who explains the black bladed Tetsusaiga to him. Inuyasha doesn't seem to like what he hears, but it doesn't matter because both of them are being pulled toward a large black hole in the orb. As they are being sucked in, Inuyasha sees a small sliver of light. He hears Kagome's voice calling to him and slashes at the sliver, freeing the brothers from the void, and passing out in the process. As the orb disappears, Totosai notices something small fall away from it.

Jaken sobs in relief at Sesshomaru's safety and Totsai offers to fix Tenseiga. Inuyasha regains conciousness at Kagome's side and explains that he saw the sliver of light and struck there, remembering how he broke Tenseiga. Rin takes the broken sword from Totosai and she and Kohaku run after Sesshomaru as he leaves. Sango starts to call after Kohaku, but Miroku stops her, offering some comforting words. Totosai tells Inuyasha something that seems to make him a little nervous for Kagome's safety. The look on his face prompts Kagome to ask Inuyasha what he's thinking. When he gets embarrassed and won't tell her, she 'sits' him. The last thing we see is Sesshomaru face as he leaves

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/08/30 06:39 By AmEva.

Saholia
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 31
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the translations! I was so lost when I saw the trailer. Karma for you!

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 156
AmEva wrote:
Translation

Part Two

___

[Sesshomaru attacks with Wind Scar]

Sesshomaru: Wind Scar!!!

[Inuyasha gets blasted]

Inuyasha: (Sorry, this line was too blurred to translate)

[Sesshomaru stands back after attacking]

That blurry line... I'm not 100 % sure about this, since I didn't recognise the verb Inuyasha used, but I figured enough about that particular sentence that I can throw in a very good guess. What Inuyasha says after Sesshoumaru has attacked him with Kaze no Kizu is "Sesshoumaru, you (bastard), have you sold your soul to Naraku?"
Again, I'm not sure about the verb, but I did catch Inuyasha cursing Sess, and mentioning both Naraku and soul in the same sentence, so my guess can't be that far from the truth. xD

Logged Logged
gildedglass
Pup
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
I did some research on the topic, and it turns out the OVA was turned into episode 15 of Inuyasha: the Final Act!

This is the spanish(?) sub of the OVA, and if you compare it to episode 15 of the Final Act, the two are one and the same, minus some editing.

gogoanime.io/inuyasha-the-final-act-episode-15

Of course, I didn't watch the whole thing through, but it's pretty clearly the same.

Finally! After scouring the net for an english version of the OVA, I need search no longer; it's just a part of TFA!

Stardust Miko

Logged Logged
l'-'jj
Pup
graphgraph
Re:InuYasha OVA: Black Tetsusaiga [Kuroi Tessaiga] 8 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 6
I'm pretty sure that's Polish. Reading the subs and listening to the Japanese... I could understand about a third of it
The rest is pure Inuyasha awesomeness

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2016/02/29 12:30 By ljj.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.