Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Not Recieving Review Notices
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Not Recieving Review Notices
Matsui Aiko
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Not Recieving Review Notices 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
So I think the site went down like two or three days ago. I don't know if it was for everyone but around midnight or one o'clock two or three days ago I could not access the site. It just had some code on the screen. The next day I could access it again but since then I haven't received any notices from Dokuga. No story updates or review notices. I submitted a new chapter to one of my fics and had reviews but no email went to alert me. I checked because I usually receive at least one. Turns out two had been posted with no email alert. Idk what happened or is happening but thought I'd ask and bring it to your attention. Thanks!!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Not Recieving Review Notices 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 53
Matsui Aiko wrote:
So I think the site went down like two or three days ago. I don't know if it was for everyone but around midnight or one o'clock two or three days ago I could not access the site. It just had some code on the screen. The next day I could access it again but since then I haven't received any notices from Dokuga. No story updates or review notices. I submitted a new chapter to one of my fics and had reviews but no email went to alert me. I checked because I usually receive at least one. Turns out two had been posted with no email alert. Idk what happened or is happening but thought I'd ask and bring it to your attention. Thanks!!

Well, I don't have 100% knowledge on this, but from what I was able to piece together:

1) The hosting provider went to do updates on the system. During this time the server hard drive decided it'd be a good idea to start throwing errors.

2) This caused the initial strangeness... The provider had to rebuild the system, and restore the system.

Currently, I'm going to guess the system is around 90%. I've gotten e-mail notifications on some things, so it may just be a one off, or caught in the system restoration (start/stopping daemons, configuration, etc...).

Or the normal bits being sent to the great bit bucket in the sky (aka don't get delivered).

-J

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.