Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Not Receiving Alerts
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Not Receiving Alerts
Kayelyn
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Not Receiving Alerts 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 19
Hey y'all! I wanted to drop in and let you know that I have not been receiving story/author alerts. I usually come on to the site several times a day so it's not a big issue, but I wanted you guys to know in case other people start not getting alerts as well.

Thanks!

Logged Logged

I write to tell stories. I believe that there a some professions in the world that will last forever: doctor or a nurse, teacher, builder and a storyteller. I write also to become myself, more so day by day. Writing is a way to shape out visible and invisible, in myself as well as in the world.
Eppu Nuotio
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Not Receiving Alerts 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 53
Hrmm... I know it went nuts the other day once, but I've been receiving alerts.

I looked in the mail queue to see if there was anything sitting to go the e-mail you have on your profile, but there wasn't. I'd check to see if they got marked as spam or something. Only thing I can really think of.

-J

Logged Logged
mangageek
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Not Receiving Alerts 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11
I've gotten some of my favorite alerts but I haven't been getting all of my favorite author alerts.

Logged Logged

Supermangageek23 is Bucket 88.5 in Dokugas Bucket Brigade
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Not Receiving Alerts 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 53
supermangageek23 wrote:
I've gotten some of my favorite alerts but I haven't been getting all of my favorite author alerts.

I can't find anything on the server pointing to what's up... Email logs look clean, and I don't see any errors on the web side.

The only guess I have would be:

This was setup to send e-mail on an update no matter what. Back when there was maybe 3-5k users, that wasn't so bad, but now with over 16k users in the database, it could be causing problems and possibly not catching everything depending on the server load at the time, or how many e-mails it will end up sending.

So, basically, it could be the current setup just doesn't scale.

-J

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.