Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom
TOPIC: text size
soulNchantress
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
text size 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
I'm having trouble getting the "text size" buttons to work. I've restarted by browser and my laptop, and it still keeps happening. I've even tried to refresh the page and that doesn't work. So, I don't think the problem is on my end.

Is anyone else having a problem with it?

If it helps, I've noticed that it usually happens on the older stories, not the recently updated ones. I'm aware that there may be more important issues than this one, but it's really bugging me.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:text size 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 53
soulNchantress wrote:
I'm having trouble getting the "text size" buttons to work. I've restarted by browser and my laptop, and it still keeps happening. I've even tried to refresh the page and that doesn't work. So, I don't think the problem is on my end.

Is anyone else having a problem with it?

If it helps, I've noticed that it usually happens on the older stories, not the recently updated ones. I'm aware that there may be more important issues than this one, but it's really bugging me.

Can you point me at a story that you're having problems with? I tried on a couple older ones on Dokuga proper (Updated in 08, 09, 10). And one from the Spark archive (Updated in 04).

What web browser (and version) are you using?

I did notice that the very first time I clicked the Increase/Decrease button it didn't work (on either), but after that it worked as expected. I'll have to debug the site to find why the first click isn't working... Maybe something isn't being set initially on page load that it's expecting, so the first click fails to change the size, but it is then set after that click so it can do what it needs to. :/

-J

P.S. The browser I'm using that worked is: Chrome 26.0.1410.64 (Official Build 193017) m

Logged Logged
soulNchantress
Whelp
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:text size 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3
Sure, I was reading "the Unknown Warrior" by Rinseternalsoul and just going down the list for some of PristessSkye's stories. I've been reading alot of oneshots the past week.

I went back and the text size is working on some of them today that it wouldn't work for yesterday...but, vise versa, ones the buttons worked for yesterday will not work today. I, too, have reloaded the pages and waited. Then, I've clicked a few times, but it still will not work. The page refreshes fine and scrolls fine. But, it seems a if it is frozen when I hit the "text" buttons. I really can't make since of it.

It doesn't really bother me with reading the story, but my eyesight isn't always the greatest and it strains my eyes to see the really small print for too long. It's just a bit of a 50/50 chance on if I end up with a page where the buttons won't work.

I'm using Internet Explorer...the latest version...what number are we on now?? I have Mazilla downloaded, but I'm more familier with IE.

Hope it helps. I'm in no hurry or anything. It just kinda bugs me. This is a Myoga problem to me, not a Sesshomaru's Beast problem.

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:text size 10 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 53
soulNchantress wrote:
I'm using Internet Explorer...the latest version...what number are we on now?? I have Mazilla downloaded, but I'm more familier with IE.

Ugh... IE doesn't play nice with Dokuga. Or maybe Dokuga doesn't play nice with IE since it's the spawn of the devil... one of them, choose your favorite.

I have IE 9, and it "worked" (I use that term loosely) on "The Unknown Warrior"... about 75-80% of the time I clicked anyway. :/ I really don't want to install IE 10 if I don't have too.... Maybe I'll see if I can get a VM going and put 10 on it, and see what it does.

And the sad thing is I turned *off* compatibility view when the page was loaded and it seemed to work better; Where usually is needs to *on* to work correctly. *sigh*

-J

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.