Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes??
DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
I'm new here. Some body help me out.
I can't seem to find information anywhere that could tell me how the edit profile works.

I visited others profile pages, and I saw their "about me"
I edited my profile, added some infos to on it about myself. However, I don't see that stuff anywhere after I saved/updated it.

Logged Logged

Spyair Forever! MAKOHARU is my OTP! GINTAMA FOR LIFE!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 17
Ah, I had this happen to me too. Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance?

Logged Logged

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
Yes yes I used internet explorer. Is that where the problem lay?

Logged Logged

Wunderberry
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 17
Appears so. Dokuga appears to have a few problems with IE.

Logged Logged

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 12
Hmm, that's weird how they're compatible. I have to work out something then. Launched Chrome a few weeks back, it had my pc infected and messed up. But I'll give it another try. Thanks.

Logged Logged

Aurora Antheia Raine
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 24
Dokuga likes Firefox. I had to switch over to it after some Dokuga-IE issues, but I ended up liking Firefox more anyway.

Logged Logged

sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 216
I PERSONALLY think that Dokuga likes the youkai in foxfire

*wink wink*

actually, Dokuga hasn't liked EI since about version 7? which was like @_@ 3 years ago. it does not mesh well. I'm sorry to say that it might not work well on that system but does like Mozilla or Foxfire, as well as a few others.

BUT it also could be the coding your using. I dunno.

**edit
as an adminpants, i peeked, but i didnt see anything on your aboutme? is there something i should be looking at? I'm running Foxfire.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/02/05 21:50 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
I, personally, having experienced many problems of this nature with users that have IE (or Internet Exploder, as some of us call it), firmly believe that it has more to do with IE than with the site itself. Using Firefox should eliminate that problem but, if it doesn't, please let us know and we'll sic our tech guru on it!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 91
If I remember right and though the memory isn't always what it should be, I think i have this right... even Miss K had issues with getting IE (I won't add what I call the thing cause Wiccan would smack on me, hard) to work with the site. It's something in it and every time they update the dratted thing, the issues get worse. Miss K used to swear up a storm over issues with it (for those that knew her, the lady could really swear and it was worse with anything related to IE ) Dokuga isn't the only one with that issue either. IE sucks nasty things and causes issues. Firefox has always worked well with me on my end with the site. Chrome does alright but Firefox seems to do better with it.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 53
Yes.. IE bad, anything else better than it. It's there to make it easy to download another web browser.

I'm a Chrome person now days, though I've used Firefox extensively and haven't had to many issues with. I just like all the built in dev stuff in Chrome.

Firefox still unfortunately has major memory issues. Wish they'd fix them, but when Firefox it eating up 3GB RAM on only 15 some tabs... yeah, bad program .. no cookie. :/

-J

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How to have my "About Me" visible before my eyes?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
Miss K hated IE with a PASSION that I've found unrivaled to date. And, yes, she could swear like a longshoreman. ESPECIALLY about IE. As Danyealle-sama says, we suffered through the tortures of the damned every time IE had an update. I can still recall many late-night IM sessions where she was practically tearing her hair out over it.

And, Mitharus, it's nice to finally know that the root of my PC slowness is most likely my Firefox. I have noticed the ungodly amounts of memory it gobbles, but never realized it was THAT ridiculous. I have taken to paring down the number of tabs open at one time, however, and things are SLIGHTLY better. But only slightly, LOL!

~~Wiccan~~
PS - Love the last "...bad program... no cookie."

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Well, I added something to my aboutme, but since I couldn't see my own info, I doubt you could see it. I don't think it really updated like it supposed to do when I press it.

Logged Logged

DN Silence
Whelp
graphgraph
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I have never had problem with IE, but then I guess it was okay because I don't browse alot, pretty much just the basic stuff, schoolwork, deviantart, fanfiction, facebook. I launched chrome one day, and my pc just started getting infected and slowed down, got rid of it. I have had firefox before, it worked fine.

Anyway, since it's wellknown that Dokuga and IE are incompatible, I might just change the web browser over the weekend.

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.