Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Problem with email alerts
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Problem with email alerts
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Problem with email alerts 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 46
This past month I have been experiencing some troubles with email alerts on reviews, pms, subscribed threads e.t.c. They never arrive on time or arrive in a messed up time line or not arrive at all. I have to visit the site in order to see if I have pms, reviews, new posts on threads e.t.c. I would have visited the site either way, so it's not that big of a problem, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem as well. I use Yahoo mail, so I'm not sure if the problem lies there, but I haven't had such a problem before. It started right after New Years. Is there a solution to this?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Problem with email alerts 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 53
Hi...

I see, currently, one sitting in the mail queue for you. Don't know why, because qmail has decided that that reason the mail is still sitting in the queue isn't needed information. Bah!

The only thing I can tell is that it has something to do with the remote side. Maybe there was a connect problem to the remote server; a limit on the number of e-mail that can be send in a given time frame and we're hitting that... And it just slowly works its way through ... don't know. :/

Without a reason for the e-mail to be sitting in the queue it makes it kinda difficult to do anything as I don't know what to actually look for.

-J

Logged Logged
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Problem with email alerts 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 46
Hm, I understand. That's fine. It's not that big of an inconvenience anyway. I just thought maybe there was a problem on my side that I could somehow fix on my own. Thank you for taking the time to look this up ^_^

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.