Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do?(solved)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do?(solved)
Tourmaline Blue
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do?(solved) 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 20
For two months I haven't logged into my profile and have sparingly revisiting Dokuga for the allotted time.
So when I actually tried to log into my account to do some adjustments, I saw the Dokuga banner at the far right of my computer screen instead of on the left of my screen and the login and logout is missing, plus I'm unable to scroll from side to side I'ts like it's been cut off. What I think happened is that It's been pushed over some how.

also Profile and Spark has been moved down below the red where all the sections of the site are listed and is now in white lettering.

So I ended up having to look up on the internet for the login link however, once i Logged in there was no logout link/button. I'm unsure if this is an issue with my computer or the website, nor do I know how to fix it.

Another thing to add I'm using Firefox as my internet and have set Google chrome as my homepage or search engine as you will. And my screen resolution I checked is at 1366 X 768.

I'm in need of some help to fix this so I can easily login and out of my account.

Please help me if you can.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/01 02:43 By TourmalineBlue.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do? 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
Actually, it sounds to me like your problem is with your screen resolution, or your browser. Please check to see that your resolution is set at 1366 x 768 as it will allow the entire page of the site to be displayed without having to scroll over from side to side.

Also, please keep in mind that Dokuga works best with Firefox or Chrome. Internet Explorer and Dokuga do not play well together. You can either download Firefox, or chrome, or change the browser "compatibility" settings.

That's the best I can suggest - if this still does not help your problem, we may want to contact Mitharus to see what he thinks.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

MoxyMikki
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do? 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 29
there isn't and actual "logout" link. There is a little orage button next to your name, on the right side of your screen. If should look like a lock. Clicking that, will log you out. Although, as I'm answering this, if shows you as offline, so perhaps you've already figured this out? As for the issues with the banner being screwbally, you could try logging out, resetting/deleting your cookies, and logging back in. It may be as simple as that. Anything more complex and you'll have to get ahold of Mith. I'm not the computer guru! lol Sorry you are having troubles. Hope my advice helps, or that it was just a fluke!

EDIT: Wiccan beat me to it! lol

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/08/31 15:32 By MoxyMikki.
Tourmaline Blue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do? 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 20
I greatly appreciate the feedback I'll try and see what happens if I delete the cookies to see if anything changes.

Though I'm slightly wondering since I had My Firefox updated this week that it may have changed the viewing settings on my screen?
Just as well if this doesn't work I'll contact Mitharus and see if he'll no how to help me fix this problem.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/08/31 23:22 By TourmalineBlue. Reason: add more info of situation
Tourmaline Blue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do? 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 20
Well It didn't work so I ended up sending a message to Mitharus about my odd predicament with my web page hopefully he'll reply soon with a solution.

Logged Logged
Tourmaline Blue
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do?(solved) 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 20
Well seems I found a solution

I went online and looked up different viewing functions for website page settings and it mentioned about resetting the zoom functions cause apparently there's a separate function that zooms in on the text thus causing it to move over across the page so in order to fix that I had to reset my viewing settings under zoom tab functions. I did that and ended up fixing the state of my computer screen on Dokuga.

I'm happy to say my problem has been fixed after a bit of trial and error.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/01 02:43 By TourmalineBlue.
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Login Hidden or Missing. What to Do?(solved) 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 53
The "real" error is a CSS bug. See this really old post.

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/5-bug-reportsfeature-requests/49968-small-css-bug-maybe

I had overridden the CSS to fix it for myself, so since it was out of sight, I didn't think about it. I have made the change, and I know I tested, slightly, the overridden CSS on a couple other browsers and didn't run into any problems that I saw.

Hopefully this will take care of it from now on. I *think* that I checked IE and it was fine... but if someone can let me know if IE breaks, then I can put that entry into one of the IE specific CSS files.

Edit:
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
Actually, it sounds to me like your problem is with your screen resolution, or your browser.

The biggest issue is that Miss K. set the "wrapper" CSS class to be exactly 980px wide (I mean really, 1024x768 was standard for the longest time... Wide screen monitors weren't that common. ). That's why the header menu, and content, are in a smaller area even if you have a much larger screen area. I'll probably end up changing it to percentages, so it'll grow/shrink based upon the screen size. Can only do so much with that though before it still breaks, but it'll hopefully help some. Tweaking the font-size to being a percentage could help too.

It's also why the 'Profile Spark' entries drop down onto the next level. The text overflows the area that's provided for it, which caused the overflow CSS tag to kicked in, which then caused the next block (the Dokuga Image and Login stuff), to be kicked out of place; Basically changing the location of where things should go normally. Fun times.

But by causing the growing/shrinking it would then cause the content area to also grow/shrink. May not be the best thing for the reading, so I may try leaving the inner content area at 980px wide (or maybe something like 75% of the area), so it doesn't throw everything off too much, but still have a bit of give with it. The menu though could then take up the entire screen width and the overflow issue would be taken care of until the window is resized to an area that's to small to fit it.

-J

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/01 12:29 By mitharus.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.