Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Anyone else having trouble with posting Fanart?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Anyone else having trouble with posting Fanart?
koneji
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anyone else having trouble with posting Fanart? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
I've been trying to post my new piece up for the past 10 minutes but whenever I try to submit, it always highlights the 'Path to the picture' section in red and tells me that "No special characters are allowed in this field. a-z, A-Z, -, and _ are acceptable." Well, I can't change that since the path name is automatically filled in when I choose my file from my computer. Help?

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Priestess Skye
Darth Skye
graphgraph
Re:Anyone else having trouble with posting Fanart? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 696975
are you using IE9? I'd try using a different browser like Firefox. IE9 and Dokuga are mortal enemies. We are working on making them friendly with each other but we're not there yet.

If you're using Firefox, let us know and Mitharus will probably check this out and be able to troubleshoot with you.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\'s Mokomoko-sama at the Claiming Thread!
Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Anyone else having trouble with posting Fanart? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 53
If there is some sort of special character in the path, then copy the file somewhere else, like to the root of C:, or your desktop, until you get the image uploaded.

If there's a special character in the file name (like &, :, etc...), you'll just need to rename the file (or a copy of), (I believe it can be alpha-numeric, with the extra characters of '-' (dash) and '_' (underscore), but if the error is only showing alpha and no numbers, then I'd stick with that :/ ), so it only contains the characters: a-z A-Z _ -

Though, really, I believe that only the characters in the file name matter (or should anyway). :/

If copying/renaming doesn't work, PM me with what shows up as the full path/file name in the upload box, and I'll check it out.

-J

Logged Logged
koneji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Anyone else having trouble with posting Fanart? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 3
To Skye: Nope, I'm a Firefox user, through and through.

TO Mitharus: Your suggestion of changing the file's name worked! I did it before so that no numbers were present, but this time i just removed the apostrophe from the file name.

Thank you both!

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Anyone else having trouble with posting Fanart? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 53
That's good. Yeah, an apostrophe would cause a lot of issues.

-J

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.