Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Alerts off?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Alerts off?
SongBird
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Alerts off? 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Is there a way to stop getting alerts in my email completely? It's cluttering up my inbox and I check the site almost daily anyway. So I don't really need to get them in my email.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Alerts off? 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 21
Go to the story that's sending you alerts, and click on the Author Alert and the Story Alert (the book) in any chapter. It will un-mark them. I think.

Try that

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Never mind that... I just don't see them right now. I usually did though...since I un-marked some... in fact, I did so a few days ago... so I am really confused now...

Logged Logged

JeniNeji
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Ok. Hope this works

Go to fanfiction (you must be logged in) then go to Fav Authors or Fav Stories. You can choose to deleted them there. I think, I see it.

Good luck!

Logged Logged

Mitharus
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Alerts off? 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 53
I haven't found where it controls the e-mails being sent out... yet.

I know it does it automatically whenever you favorite an author/story, so the only way to stop getting the e-mails, is to un-favorite everything.

Now, eventually, I'd like to look into separating alerts from the favorites if it's possible, or to at least control which ones you get e-mails on. But it's really low on the list of "would like to do" ATM.

-J

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Alerts off? 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
If I recall correctly, the "Favorites" features were added after the site was up and running, specifically to address the requests of those who WANTED alerts when fave authors or stories updated. That is very simply solved by UN-faving everything.

As far as system emails is concerned, though, those are virtually impossible to get out of, unless you wish to relinquish your membership as well. We only send out system emails, however, to alert for the Awards period, or for special, important-to-the-site things, like fundraising. Thus, even without any favorites, you will probably receive a total of 12 to 14 emails from the site annually.

As Mitharus said, however, we have far bigger issues we need to address at the moment than trying to selectively stop system emails.

Again, UN-fave stories and authors, and you will no longer received any alerts regarding fanfiction.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.