Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
cool feature maybe to add hopefully maybe?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: cool feature maybe to add hopefully maybe?
Sammi-Chan
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
cool feature maybe to add hopefully maybe? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 6
when you write fanfic. it would be kinda cool to put a word count option thing on the part where you copy and paste fics for dokuga. just a suggestion

Logged Logged

I CLAIMED NARAKU\\\'S TENTACLES IN THE DOKUGA CLAIM GAME!!!!!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:cool feature maybe to add hopefully maybe? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
o.o Sorry this took so long for anyone to answer, but when you make a fiction Dokuga does offer a word count feature. It's just not viewable to the public, only admin and the author can see it.

If you go to the "edit story" drop down after you post your fic, it's right there. C&P the number, then click on the "brush/pencil" icon and edit your fiction to show how many words the chapter has.

:3 hope this helps!

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:cool feature maybe to add hopefully maybe? 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Actually, the word count feature on the site is not totally accurate in terms of actual STORY words. The word count on the site takes into account HTML tags, which do nothing to increase the actual story word count.

In addition, the word count per chapter on the site also takes into account words in the author's notes. As we all know, author's notes DO NOT count toward ACTUAL STORY word count. For this reason, it is not always a good idea to rely on the word count per chapter that the site gives you.

For example, there are, at the moment, several stories that are lagging in the required 700 words of ACTUAL STORY per chapter - mainly, I suspect, because the site word count is showing the author more than just the story words. When you factor in HTML tags and author's notes, it is not uncommon to be 20 to 30 words short of the required 700 words of ACTUAL STORY in a chapter.

It is a far better idea to use a word processor that can give you some idea of your word count for the actual story.
:/
~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.